ACC Football and Basketball Coming to The CW Network This Fall | Syracusefan.com

ACC Football and Basketball Coming to The CW Network This Fall

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt

The CW will broadcast 28 men’s basketball games and nine women’s basketball games. These games will be featured in December, January and February with men’s basketball doubleheaders taking place every Saturday afternoon and women’s basketball games on Sunday afternoons. Raycom Sports will produce all games for The CW.

CW to show ACC games: The CW Nabs ACC Football and Basketball Rights in Sports Expansion.

Who can tell me what this means for seeing Cuse games? it’d be a few at most but it’s not easy keeping track of what network they would be on on any given day. Thought I had that solved with the ACC network (and didn’t). Now this. Don’t even know who CW is and who carries them

The CW is a network that pretty widely available everywhere and without needing some special cable package or streaming service. Hopefully this means a few more games will be available to me.

then this is bad news
Disagree with this. Streaming services are a larger market share now than cable. The difference is tiny, but it will continue to grow. Almost all streaming services carry the CW. It's a national network, so you can toss up a digital antenna and get it if you want to watch. Many more viewers will be able to watch ACC Sports with this deal.

The RSNs and streaming services often fight over carriage rights for whatever reasons. I live near the DC area, and MASN is not on YouTube TV. Now MASN is interesting because it isn't part of a group of RSNs and is independent. But even the grouping of RSNs (before Bally went belly up) meant streamers had to pay a premium to access those channels.

This is a win for everyone. I would assume Spectrum and every other cable service in the country carry the CW on its basic tier as it is considered a network like Fox or NBC. I'm not sure why this would be bad news.

Why? More people will have access to it.
The WB has tv shows on during the week. They aren't going to take those off to show Syracuse Miami in hoop. Sports channels live for that. This is not good news.

Disagree with this. Streaming services are a larger market share now than cable. The difference is tiny, but it will continue to grow. Almost all streaming services carry the CW. It's a national network, so you can toss up a digital antenna and get it if you want to watch. Many more viewers will be able to watch ACC Sports with this deal.

The RSNs and streaming services often fight over carriage rights for whatever reasons. I live near the DC area, and MASN is not on YouTube TV. Now MASN is interesting because it isn't part of a group of RSNs and is independent. But even the grouping of RSNs (before Bally went belly up) meant streamers had to pay a premium to access those channels.

This is a win for everyone. I would assume Spectrum and every other cable service in the country carry the CW on its basic tier as it is considered a network like Fox or NBC. I'm not sure why this would be bad news.
So, the WB is going to take off some teen drama to put on a Syracuse basketball game? Not a chance of that.

Expand on that. Many have carriers that don't have the RSNs like YouTubeTV
I get every sports channel possible. I fear that the WB will broadcast their teen shows long before they will exempt them to show a college basketball game.

I'll have to check to see if CW is on my Dish Network package. If it isn't, I am going to be P'd.

I don't get YES network so losing those games does not effect me. Since the ACCN came on stream I have been able to get about 24 games a year which includes ESPN. The ones I don't get are usually some early non conference games and possibly one or two conference tilts. I hope we're not going backwards with our coverage :(

The WB has tv shows on during the week. They aren't going to take those off to show Syracuse Miami in hoop. Sports channels live for that. This is not good news.
They are under contract for 50 games. All weekends. 13 football, 28 Mens bball and 9 women’s bball.

They are under contract for 50 games. All weekends. 13 football, 28 Mens bball and 9 women’s bball.
Once again, what about games that were on places like Yes or NESN that are played during the week? If those games are lost, this is a loser.

So, the WB is going to take off some teen drama to put on a Syracuse basketball game? Not a chance of that.
CW says the football games will all be played on Saturdays and all the basketball games will be played on Saturday and Sunday afternoons. Some of the football games will be played prime time on Saturdays.

We know the Pitt-Cincy game is the first one they will show and SU-WMU is the second. Ours might be their first prime time Saturday night game.

Note that this is different than the agreement the ACC had with the RSNs, when men’s basketball games on weekday nights were shown often. It was surely tweaked so CW would not have to preempt its weekday lineup of shows.

It looks like ACC football will sometimes be shown on Saturday nights instead of Masters of Illusion and World’s Funniest Animals.

This is pasted from the ACC announcement….

The CW Network announced it has secured exclusive broadcast rights to 50 Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC) college football and basketball games each season through 2026-27. The first ACC football game will air on The CW on Saturday, September 9 with a matchup between the Pitt Panthers and non-conference opponent Cincinnati Bearcats, with games airing every Saturday throughout the season in the afternoon and in primetime. In addition to 13 football games, The CW will broadcast 28 men’s basketball games and nine women’s basketball games. These games will be featured in December, January and February with men’s basketball doubleheaders taking place every Saturday afternoon and women’s basketball games on Sunday afternoons. Raycom Sports will produce all games for The CW.

Well, they've agreed to 50 games each year for four years. I suspect some of those games will preempt whatever teen vampire series is on.

Every game that was on an RSN last year I couldn't get because I had YouTube TV. For me, this is a huge win. As the deal develops, I think it will be a net gain for most fans.

Well, they've agreed to 50 games each year for four years. I suspect some of those games will preempt whatever teen vampire series is on.

Every game that was on an RSN last year I couldn't get because I had YouTube TV. For me, this is a huge win. As the deal develops, I think it will be a net gain for most fans.
I don't know about other fans. But the way it seems right now, if a weekday game isn't on the ACC Network or the espn's, it will not be on tv. And that isn't good.

I don't know about other fans. But the way it seems right now, if a weekday game isn't on the ACC Network or the espn's, it will not be on tv. And that isn't good.
If an ACC team is hosting and it isn’t on one of the ESPNs or ACCN, it I think the game would be on ACCNX and ESPN+. Should be good there.

I do think the move of the RSN basketball games to exclusively Saturdays is going to result in more games played on weekends, which from the perspective of a season ticket holder who does not like getting home from a home weekday night game at 9:30 pm (or maybe 11:30 pm), is very good news.

SU draws far larger crowds for games played on weekends as well. So this should help SU with attendance too. We really got boned on weekend games at home last season. It stunk for me and was way worse for people who do not live in Onondaga County.

The more I think about it, the better this change seems…..

For Your Info , The CW Network on Dish is Channel 34.. No problem
Channel 34 is not on my list of available Dish Network channels. I don't see CW as being on a different number either :mad:

Will be making a call on Monday to find out the scoop.

Channel 34 is not on my list of available Dish Network channels. I don't see CW as being on a different number either :mad:

Will be making a call on Monday to find out the scoop.
From the Google: "As far as satellite TV goes, the CW is available on all packages with both DIRECTV and DISH."