Miami 3x (2H/1A)
Stanford 3x (2H/1A)
UVA 3x (1H/2A)
VA Tech 3x (2H/1A)
Duke 2x (1H/1A)
NC State 2x (1H/1A)
UNC 2x (1H/1A)
Wake 2x (1H/1A)

Amazing that the Carolina schools got their way. Shocking! We only play 2 Florida games in 7 years, great job JW. We went from playing Louisville every other year to playing them every year for years 3-7. Another fail. Those are on top of not getting a split with BC and Pitt. Paying attention to detail is something our AD should be doing.

So who we play...

BC 7x (3H/4A)
Pitt 7x (3H/4A)
Louisville 5x (3H/2A) ugh!
GT 4x (2H/2A)
SMU 4x (2H/2A)
Cal 3x (1H/2A)
Clemson 3x (1H/2A)
FSU 3x (2H/1A)
Miami 3x (2H/1A)
Stanford 3x (2H/1A)
UVA 3x (1H/2A)
VA Tech 3x (2H/1A)
Duke 2x (1H/1A)
NC State 2x (1H/1A)
UNC 2x (1H/1A)
Wake 2x (1H/1A)

Amazing that the Carolina schools got their way. Shocking! We only play 2 Florida games in 7 years, great job JW. We went from playing Louisville every other year to playing them every year for years 3-7. Another fail. Those are on top of not getting a split with BC and Pitt. Paying attention to detail is something our AD should be doing.
It is a shame the ACC did such a bad job balancing the distribution of games. Hopefully they can fix this broken model asap. Why didn’t anyone notice this when reviewing the schedules?

If the Syracuse schedule is this bad, a lot of other schools are also badly screwed up. Including UL.

Adding 3 schools to the ACC will drive many changes to ND’s ACC games. Those changes are expected to be announced down the road.

Bottom line, for 2024, it looks like Duke at home was replaced by Stanford and UL in the road was replaced by the trip to Cal. Everything else is the same.

In 2025 the home schedule is the same except Duke replaces VT. On the road, lots of changes. UM replaces FSU. UVa and Wake were replaced by GT and SMU.

Hoping in particular that the SU-ND game gets moved from 2025. At least the away game with FSU was replaced with UM.

Bottom line, for 2024, it looks like Duke at home was replaced by Stanford and UL in the road was replaced by the trip to Cal. Everything else is the same.

FSU at home replaced by VT in 2024 as well.

2 perm for everyone made the most sense as it brought balance. The Carolina mafia still ruins, I mean runs the ACC.

Duke NC State used to play once every 6 years. Why is that protected? Miami VA Tech was lost why did we allow that making it less likely to play each and in return we get Louisville more often? We conceded a lot and got nothing in return.

Easiest thing to do was everyone plays 3 road games vs the combo of SU/BC, Pitt/Louisville, UVA/VT, UNC/NC State, Duke/Wake, Clemson/GT, FSU/Miami, Stanford/Cal. Then 1-2 in Dallas. That is fair and balanced. It is easy to do with 2 perms each. But no we need to make things easier for the Carolina schools.

FSU at home replaced by VT in 2024 as well.
Roger that. I will take that trade any time.

I believe we have played Clemson and FSU every season since we joined the ACC. Believe we are the only school who was asked to do this.

It will be strange to avoid them both for a season. This must be what it feels like to play in the Coastal all those years….

Epic diss of Georgia Tech by Clemson

GT absolutely loathes Clemson, and this is salt in the wound. Instead Clemson chooses Florida State, who could end up leaving the ACC

I just went to the Cal USC game on Saturday. Cannot overstate how beautiful the campus is with all the redwoods, streams and hills. Beautiful stadium as well on the very top of the hill, cannot wait to return next fall!
1000005464.png

So who we play...

BC 7x (3H/4A)
Pitt 7x (3H/4A)
Louisville 5x (3H/2A) ugh!
GT 4x (2H/2A)
SMU 4x (2H/2A)
Cal 3x (1H/2A)
Clemson 3x (1H/2A)
FSU 3x (2H/1A)
Miami 3x (2H/1A)
Stanford 3x (2H/1A)
UVA 3x (1H/2A)
VA Tech 3x (2H/1A)
Duke 2x (1H/1A)
NC State 2x (1H/1A)
UNC 2x (1H/1A)
Wake 2x (1H/1A)

Imagine thinking we’re seeing anymore than 2 years of this schedule. Let’s all calm down

I live outside of San Antonio part of the year. So I’ll definitely be going to the SMU games in Dallas.

Stanford has a quarterly academic calendar. Classes started for their 2023 autumn semester on September 26th.

I have read that they are hoping to play as many away games as possible before the autumn semester starts, to minimize the impact travel will have on academics for the Stanford athletes.

Don’t be surprised if the Stanford game at Syracuse is played in September. Right now Syracuse has September 7th and September 14th open and it looks very likely the Army game scheduled at West Point for September 21st will be cancelled or moved out. They currently have September 14th and September 21st open.

We will probably have 2 ACC games scheduled for September. If the Army game gets cancelled, would not be surprised if we travel to Cal on September 21st. That date is currently open for them.

I will be so bummed if this happens. Was very excited to see a game at West Point.
Me too. I hope they decide to play it. Awful timing here. I really want to see Syracuse play at Michie and I want to tailgate by the Hudson River. They have an awesome campus.

How cool would that be?

This is a fun thread. Got my mind off the present disaster for a little while with a hopeful look to the future.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom