ACC Football Schedule Model Release | 6 PM | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

ACC Football Schedule Model Release | 6 PM

Pitt and BC are nice for the fan travel aspect for those who like to go to road games. But agree as far as intense rivalries. I don't exactly clear my schedule for the big Pitt and BC games when the schedule comes out.
Might be the only way to see a possible win if things keep going as is.

Honestly, I’m at the point where I don’t even care if we play Pitt and BC annually. Those are series with history, but not tradition. There’s nothing resembling an intense rivalry there.

Our series with Pitt has to be the most lifeless long term series in college football. Yankee Stadium is about to get a firsthand look at the annual disinterest from both fanbases.

I do hope we still play BC. I know it will never be what it was (some of my favorite all time college football Saturdays were at SU-BC games in Chestnut Hill in the 90s). But it’s also a chance for a lot of fans to attend a local away game. Even in bad times we show out there pretty well.

Last edited:
Our series with Pitt has to be the most lifeless long term series in college football. Yankee Stadium is about to get a firsthand look at the annual disinterest from both fanbases.

I do hope we still play BC. I know it will never be what it was (some of my favorite all time college football Saturdays were at SU-BC games in Chestnut Hill in the 90s). But it’s also a chance for a lot of fans to attend a loc away game. Even in bad times we show out there pretty well.
For sure. If I had to pick one annual series to maintain it’d be BC and there isn’t a close #2. Easy trip, peer schools, good setting, lots of alums nearby.

The Pitt series is a dog and always has been.

im wondering with Army's move to aac starting next year if our non conference game is in jeopardy to be moved.
I expect the first game at Army to stand, though possibly change years. The second home & away may get canceled.

I expect the first game at Army to stand, though possibly change years. The second home & away may get canceled.
Hope so. Would assume it would be a big deal to get Syracuse to play at West Point. They already played here and it would be a shame to lose the return game.

I would really like to see Syracuse play there.

That said, if Army can’t make it work next year, I would guess Syracuse has the right to take a settlement from Army for breaking the contract and look elsewhere.

From a pure business perspective, that is the thing to do. Anytime you can get of an away game commitment without penalty (and hopefully replace it with a home game), you should do it.

If Syracuse takes the money and runs, I understand. tt appears they are going to need money badly very soon..

Hope so. Would assume it would be a big deal to get Syracuse to play at West Point. They already played here and it would be a shame to lose the return game.

I would really like to see Syracuse play there.

That said, if Army can’t make it work next year, I would guess Syracuse has the right to take a settlement from Army for breaking the contract and look elsewhere.

From a pure business perspective, that is the thing to do. Anytime you can get of an away game commitment without penalty (and hopefully replace it with a home game), you should do it.

If Syracuse takes the money and runs, I understand. tt appears they are going to need money badly very soon..

Army will work in one game at West Point for us, sometime in the next decade.

I expect the other two games in the series to be canceled.

I do hope we still play BC. I know it will never be what it was (some of my favorite all time college football Saturdays were at SU-BC games in Chestnut Hill in the 90s). But it’s also a chance for a lot of fans to attend a local away game. Even in bad times we show out there pretty well.

Pittsburgh is a nice road trip. I would hate to have it be more than once every 3 years. Boston should be once every 2-3 years. We don't need either yearly but we do need both more than we play in San Francisco.

I would like to see us in Virginia every 3 years as well. Miami too.

Which is what makes some version of the 4 perm model so nice.

Sadly we will likely be playing in North Carolina every year no matter what.

I think a hybrid 4 perm is the best for everyone. So at a minimum you play everyone every 3 years.

For example
UNC- would have Duke, NC State, UVA, Wake
FSU- would have Miami, Clemson, Cuse/BC, GA Tech/Louisville

So UNC plays those 4 teams yearly and everyone else once every three years. FSU plays Miami and Clemson yearly, SU/BC/GT/Louisville 2x in three years, and everyone else once in three years. So they get their Northeastern game 2x in 3 years but more variety. They also get GA Tech more often. So they have 4 "perms" but the perms are regions and not individual schools.
It sounds good, but it creates a totally unbalanced strength of schedule.

I hope we get Pitt, BC, Cal and Wake as our 4.
Part of the presidents' approval was the proviso of limiting how many trips to Cali and Texas the East Coast teams made over X number of years. Supposedly it prevents an East Coast team from having one of the newbies as a permanent rival. I hadn't seen that until recently because I was hoping Cal would be a permanent team for UVa.

Locked on B12 podcast alleges the ACC is interested in raiding WVU and TCU from the big12.

For sure. If I had to pick one annual series to maintain it’d be BC and there isn’t a close #2. Easy trip, peer schools, good setting, lots of alums nearby.

The Pitt series is a dog and always has been.
It’ll remain bc and if it doesn’t there is something broken.

The ACC should employ a relegation approach to scheduling,

Looking around the ACC, it looks like this board is the best informed, most knowledgeable one on this topic.

Agree with others that if Syracuse only gets one rival, it should be BC. Boston is a shorter, easier drive. We are really the only two ACC schools in the Northeast. And the series has been pretty competitive.

And Pittsburgh is closer to VT and UVa than Syracuse. It is a tough drive back and forth in a day. Hope we get both but if I had to choose, I too would choose BC.

This is America. We don't do that crap here.
I know it's not how things have been done, but with these unwieldy large "associations" it would create more chances for the top teams in any given year to play. You have a algorithm that creates a 1-17 power ranking. Then divide the teams in 3 groups of 5-5-6. You play the teams in your group and some from the other 2. The schedule would change every year.

I know it's not how things have been done, but with these unwieldy large "associations" it would create more chances for the top teams in any given year to play. You have a algorithm that creates a 1-17 power ranking. Then divide the teams in 3 groups of 5-5-6. You play the teams in your group and some from the other 2. The schedule would change every year.
No.

Future ACC schedule arrangements to be released later today. Unless things change.

IMG_0405.jpeg
IMG_0406.jpeg
IMG_0407.jpeg
IMG_0408.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online