ACC Greatest Player Bracket | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

ACC Greatest Player Bracket

Pearl and Melo easily to the Final Four and Billy Owens with a 70% - 30% lead over Rodney Monroe. DC has taken a slim lead over David Thompson and Carolina is burning couches in the front yard. Let’s get this done!

While I certainly think you make an argument that DC was a slightly better college player than MJ, I don't think draft order plays into the equation. Steph Curry was drafted after Thabeet, Flynn and Rubio.

There is obviously no perfect way to compare players of different positions who played in different eras for a different number of years with no instructions on how to compare them. The whole thing is silly.

That said, people arguing that Jordan is so much better than Coleman that there is no comparison probably never saw either of them play in college. I could make several arguments for DC, he played an extra year, has better counting stats in every category, was drafted higher, was arguably the greatest rebounder in college basketball history (Jordan was not elite like that in any one skill), kicked North Carolina's ass in the elite 8, etc. But the truth is Jordan was a wing who played in the pre-3 point line era and Coleman was a big who played after the 3 points line was introduced so there is no good way to compare those two guys. Both were great.

Make no mistake, this vote isn't about some mythical best player competition, its about which fan base is best ... now everyone go make a second twitter handle and push DC over the top, then we can have a real celebration when all 4 of the final 4 are SU guys.

I love DC, and we’re all obviously diehard Orange fans. But the winner should be MJ here, and it shouldn’t be close. Kudos to our fans though for showing up.
I don't agree if it's about college player. This is not how you did in the nba. DC was an absolute force. Average like 14 and 10 over 4 years. Jordan only played 3 years and was the 3rd option behind worthy and Perkins year 1.

There is obviously no perfect way to compare players of different positions who played in different eras for a different number of years with no instructions on how to compare them. The whole thing is silly.

That said, people arguing that Jordan is so much better than Coleman that there is no comparison probably never saw either of them play in college. I could make several arguments for DC, he played an extra year, has better counting stats in every category, was drafted higher, was arguably the greatest rebounder in college basketball history (Jordan was not elite like that in any one skill), kicked North Carolina's ass in the elite 8, etc. But the truth is Jordan was a wing who played in the pre-3 point line era and Coleman was a big who played after the 3 points line was introduced so there is no good way to compare those two guys. Both were great.

Make no mistake, this vote isn't about some mythical best player competition, its about which fan base is best ... now everyone go make a second twitter handle and push DC over the top, then we can have a real celebration when all 4 of the final 4 are SU guys.

I agree with everything you just said except "was drafted higher." Otherwise, Michael Olowokandi and a bunch of other jabronies would be ahead of Melo.

The heel fans on there are insufferable whining we are being disrespectful. Exact representation of the arrogant fan base they are ( not all but a good portion). I find them far more annoying than the Duke fans. Also - I find Duke fans oddly have way more knowledge of the game outside Cameron.

I don't agree if it's about college player. This is not how you did in the nba. DC was an absolute force. Average like 14 and 10 over 4 years. Jordan only played 3 years and was the 3rd option behind worthy and Perkins year 1.

Jordan became elite after he went pro. Remember he wasn't even a HS star early on. He was a late bloomer. In college he was good sure but the player we know him as today was far from what he was in UNC.

Jordan became elite after he went pro. Remember he wasn't even a HS star early on. He was a late bloomer. In college he was good sure but the player we know him as today was far from what he was in UNC.
People forget that MJ didn't get his due coming out of the gate. Even his 3td season in the NBA when he averaged 37 ppg the Bulls were still under .500. People didn't feel he was a winner. It took a while for him to be recognized. I think that was part of Kobe's mentality. Winning rings with Shaq and without.

People forget that MJ didn't get his due coming out of the gate. Even his 3td season in the NBA when he averaged 37 ppg the Bulls were still under .500. People didn't feel he was a winner. It took a while for him to be recognized. I think that was part of Kobe's mentality. Winning rings with Shaq and without.

Oh no doubt he was incredible as a pro starting his rookie year. His final year at UNC got him going and he never looked back.

FYI .. NC staters and angry Heels trying to close the gap on DC. Let's make sure it doesn't happen. Vote, share do whatever but let's bring it home.

They must have found a way to vote multiple times

Less than an hour left. Votes are pouring in. I am not sure how they are doing it, but DC might lose this one after having a huge lead.