ACC Greatest Player Bracket | Syracusefan.com

ACC Greatest Player Bracket

Consigliere

Co 2020 Cali Award Winner, Record Thru 5 Games
@ACCMBB is running a bracket with a set of polls to determine the all time greatest men’s basketball player from member schools. Pearl, Billy Owens, and Melo have either already advanced to the Elite Eight or have substantial leads. And DC is ahead of Michael Jordan 52% to 48% with just a few hours left. The comments from our Southern focused brethren are priceless!

@ACCMBB is running a bracket with a set of polls to determine the all time greatest men’s basketball player from member schools. Pearl, Billy Owens, and Melo have either already advanced to the Elite Eight or have substantial leads. And DC is ahead of Michael Jordan 52% to 48% with just a few hours left. The comments from our Southern focused brethren are priceless!

It's lovely how angry they are- and how badly they misunderstand the rules trying to say our guys shouldnt be included.

Right now DC back up by 6 pct. Cuse Twitter army getting it done.

Thank you for posting this. Great quarantine entertainment.

down to 3.4% lead... you can only vote once - so if you havent, be sure to vote!! 3 hours left!

Thing is those ACC fanboys will try to argue Christian Laettner was better than Carmelo Anthony or something based solely on college.

While this is based solely on college right? It should be a close race, then.

Thing is those ACC fanboys will try to argue Christian Laettner was better than Carmelo Anthony or something based solely on college.

While this is based solely on college right? It should be a close race, then.

Right now it looks like it's been NC State, UNC and SU fans doing most of the voting. Considering Julius Hodge made the elite eight ...

I love DC, and we’re all obviously diehard Orange fans. But the winner should be MJ here, and it shouldn’t be close. Kudos to our fans though for showing up.

The funny thing is, probably 50-60% of the people voting are too young for college DC and 75-90% are too young to have seen college MJ. And they’ll still have the nerve to get all up in arms about this.

I love that SU fans are voting for our guys. It's a giant orange-colored (natural orange, not POTUS orange) middle finger to this Mellow Mushroom-eating fraud of a conference.

I still don't quite understand the criteria of how you decide who advances beyond "that's my favorite player so I'm rooting for them."

He was the better player which is why he got drafted higher.

While I certainly think you make an argument that DC was a slightly better college player than MJ, I don't think draft order plays into the equation. Steph Curry was drafted after Thabeet, Flynn and Rubio.

The competition was purely college accomplishments too.

And as has been famously stated:
“The only guy in history who could contain Michael Jordan...
was Dean Smith.” ;)

DC probably was better in college than MJ.
But he loses to David Thompson.
Thompson and Julius Erving were the two best college players since 1970.

DC probably was better in college than MJ.
But he loses to David Thompson.
Thompson and Julius Erving were the two best college players since 1970.

Sure but we are dominating the vote. Melo and Pearl up big-time in early voting already. Let's make this an all orange Final Four!! Lol

Melo, Pearl, and Owens all up big but DC trails Thompson 55 to 45 early

Cuse fans just hijacked the voting and the traditional ACC fans are livid over it.

Yep.. and in tradition, they expect someone else to fix it for them. The ACC, NCAA and referees should be stepping in to change the rules.. gosh forbid they try and work to get more of their own fanbses to vote.

We don’t lead the country in home and road attendance by accident. Welcome to the new world ACC. And by the way, the Big East was better that the ACC. From day one.

They haven't seen anything yet considering we have been down for several years.