ACC Media Day: Oct 24 | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

ACC Media Day: Oct 24

are those polos being sold anywhere?
I hate those navy and grey polo shirts. Looks like they took a UConn shirt and put an Orange S on it.

I just looked up the official Syracuse school colors on Syracuse.edu on found that the official school color is only orange (as I already knew) but orange is "supported by four gray tones". Since when did gray become the standard supporting color and not white (or even navy)?

I hate those navy and grey polo shirts. Looks like they took a UConn shirt and put an Orange S on it.

I just looked up the official Syracuse school colors on Syracuse.edu on found that the official school color is only orange (as I already knew) but orange is "supported by four gray tones". Since when did gray become the standard supporting color and not white (or even navy)?

I think they look great

I like them too. Looked sharp on Boeheim in one of the pics of the earlier posts from OrangeXtreme.

they never sell the good stuff...

it is always the same navy blue type sweatshirt or polo...

the stuff on fanatics is stupid. we don't even have the grey sweatshirt being sold like every other school has...frustrating!

It looks like Tyus' shirt could be the shooting/bench shirts for the team this year. If they are, they will be available to buy later when the basketball stuff becomes available for sale.
that is the way it usually is but all other schools have basketball nike sweatshirts up - except us. Is nike dissing Syracuse?

I wouldn’t mind having Charlotte just not Greensboro. Like it or not we are still visitors and there are still large portions of fan bases/schools close to Charlotte. Aside from all the NC schools, Charlottesville is less than 4.5 hrs and Blacksburg is around 2.5.

As usual, you're dead on. :) Charlotte is a great city to hold the ACC tourney in its rotation. It has a great UPtown with several great steakhouses, joints, etc. No need to have it ever again in Greensboro. Rotate NYC with Boston, DC and Charlotte. That's would be perfect. Maybe throw in Atlanta, but downtown Atlanta is literally where GT is located.

Really looking forward to this year's ACC tourney, living nearby in Weddington. :)

Last edited:
As usual, you're dead on. :) Charlotte is a great city to hold the ACC tourney in its rotation. It has a great UPtown with several great steakhouses, joints, etc. No need to have it ever again in Greensboro. Rotate NYC with Boston, DC and Charlotte. That's would be perfect. Maybe throw in Atlanta, but downtown Atlanta is literally where GT is located.

Really looking forward to this year's ACC tourney, living nearby in Weddington. :)

Ha. Yeah Charlotte I hear is awesome. Gotta have a site down there or near there. Just too many schools down there. Imagine if you were Syracuse in the old BE and the BET was moved to Columbus or something like that to appease the Cincinnatis and Louisvilles. Total homer idiotic takes.

Charlotte is one of the few big cities I don’t know. My buddy moved down there recently. He’s in some midtown(?) area with a lot of new breweries within walking distance. He said the food truck scene is awesome down there. I also tried some stuff from I think Resident Culture and Free Range he brought to me once. He also found some awesome Vietnamese food inside this zombie apocalypse mall somewhere in the burbs I think. Apparently the mall is totally dead abd shut down but one end of it is operating and has a bunch of Vietnamese gems where the old chitty food courts were, ha.

It should be Atlanta, DC, and NYC ... this seems so obvious to me.
I have said the same thing to my southern friends. Why in the world would it be in a backwater like Greensboro? Bringing it up and disparaging Greensboro is like bringing up Sherman's March to the Sea. They are very defensive about it.

ACC Hall of Fame is there, they all claim the roots of the ACC are there, it's tradition, and it's not so bad (according to them)! A couple of them have even said that having it in NYC is stupid because it's so big and NYC is a cesspool, etc... In more reasonable moments I've been able to explain to them that there is absolutely NOTHING like basketball in NYC, specifically MSG. I wasn't at Barclay's so I can't speak to that, but I know that the vibe and buzz around the Big East at MSG was something on a whole different level.

I will make my first trip to Greensboro the next time the ACC is there. It better be good, because it seems like they are overselling something, without really thinking about what makes for a great basketball tournament.

These guys are fans of VPI, Duke, and UVA respectively.

Ha. Yeah Charlotte I hear is awesome. Gotta have a site down there or near there. Just too many schools down there. Imagine if you were Syracuse in the old BE and the BET was moved to Columbus or something like that to appease the Cincinnatis and Louisvilles. Total homer idiotic takes.

Charlotte is one of the few big cities I don’t know. My buddy moved down there recently. He’s in some midtown(?) area with a lot of new breweries within walking distance. He said the food truck scene is awesome down there. I also tried some stuff from I think Resident Culture and Free Range he brought to me once. He also found some awesome Vietnamese food inside this zombie apocalypse mall somewhere in the burbs I think. Apparently the mall is totally dead abd shut down but one end of it is operating and has a bunch of Vietnamese gems where the old chitty food courts were, ha.

I'm not much of an Uptown dude, so I don't frequent the city too often. That Midtown area though is booming, tons of renovation, expansion, etc. with several micro brewery type joints and restaurants as mentioned. The Noda area is popular/thriving as well. Also, the Dilworth/East Blvd. area has some cool joints, restaurants too. I'll hit Uptown for a concert every now and again, but those a far and few between nowadays as my music spectrum ranges from hair nation to hair nation type stuff. :)

Great Steakhouses Uptown; Ruth's Chris, Mortons, Capital Grille, Flemings, Sullivans, etc. Del Frisco's Double Eagle (only about 15 locations nationwide) is in the South Park area and is incredible, as is most things around South Park, very pricey and high end. The mall your friend is talking about I believe is the 'ol Eastland Mall location that's recently been purchased by investors that I believe are going to tear it down and resurrect that area.

Will the ACC Network look like the B1G Network - as in one channel where I can watch nothing but ACC games/content?
Yes. A good model to look at is the SEC network since both operate with ESPN as the "base". There should be a lot of Olympic sports live events and replays as well as "studio shows".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom