ACC Media Days: Wed. July 18 and Thurs. July 19, Charlotte | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

ACC Media Days: Wed. July 18 and Thurs. July 19, Charlotte

how did we give too much to ND? I never understand that point. thats the crown jewel of all college teams in terms of television. If they are forced to join a conference at some point they are coming to the ACC. They play our teams yearly and are a university with fantastic academic standing.

I would argue we're lucky to have them.
Well, they get to take part in the ACC bowl tie-ins and receive a cut of it. Pretty good for a non-conference member. All of their home games against member schools are broadcast on NBC, that the conference members share no part of.

Seriously, one of the most impactful statements that will be heard this week. ED was found after Lester sifted through hundreds of kids' tape last minute. Probably the best and most impactful recruiting/coaching move or moment in the last 10 years of Cuse fb. Thats being very conservative.

Uh oh. We can’t have another MTSU.

What? Situation isn't even close? Bad comparison. Not enough of us appreciate the link between these two. We might be in FCS by now without this story.

"Whatchu can say...?" "Whatchu think 'bout...?" This Wake Up DT guy makes a living speaking on a microphone?

I think you read way too much into that.

I get it, but Dabo respects him and its GREAT to hear. I love Dabo and Clemson. They are a tough team and fanbase to hate and if we cant have the ACC, i am routing for them. Guess, i love dabos approach and do have a bias. Part of it comes from him warning NFL people that it would be a huge mistake if they passed on Deshawn and he was spot on. He has alot of credibility in my eyes.

If something like that happened Bob, I hope the ACC is disbanded and we all go independent.

I know a lot of Clemson and FSU fans were, well let's just say, unhappy, with Swofford because of the money (TV) the SEC and Big 10 were getting. I know during the league shifts he had to do something to please them and getting SU and Pitt weren't really at the top of their list.

I know a lot of Clemson and FSU fans were, well let's just say, unhappy, with Swofford because of the money (TV) the SEC and Big 10 were getting. I know during the league shifts he had to do something to please them and getting SU and Pitt weren't really at the top of their list.
You would be correct. I can't speak to FSU and Clemson fans but I personally did not want Pitt in the conference. They don't feel like an ACC team. I thought the ACC should have invited West Virginia instead. They are a much more natural fit.

You would be correct. I can't speak to FSU and Clemson fans but I personally did not want Pitt in the conference. They don't feel like an ACC team. I thought the ACC should have invited West Virginia instead. They are a much more natural fit.

Agreed...to bad their "academics" was their downfall for the ACC because yes, they would have been perfect otherwise along with more natural rivalries.

Let me add that WV fans are football crazy and that is something Clemson and FSU wanted.

Last edited:
Reactions: gbo
Honestly now..what did you think of the addition of Syracuse.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom