ACC minutes played | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

ACC minutes played

The purpose of this thread is to set up the oft-voiced complaint that boeheim wears his players out during the season and the team suffers for it at the end. It's a version of the "short bench" complaint voiced by the usual set of JB critics who wish they were as smart as he is, but are not.

He should play M2M when the defense is struggling. Whoops, wrong thread.

Just out of curious, where did Cooney and silent G rank in minutes played last year? Or Triche and MCW in '13? Having gone to two final fours in the last 4 years, maybe JB is on to something. Here is the thing. early in the season, DC and Howard were both starting. Let alone playing. And the team sucked so bad that we are now in a desperate situation that we have to win games. and like all coaches who shorten their bench when the games have added meaning, JB is forced to do that earlier than even he usually would.
hard to get JB to admit his shortcomings but i do recall after flynn left the next fall he said he overplayed him.

hard to get JB to admit his shortcomings but i do recall after flynn left the next fall he said he overplayed him.
That isn't an answer to my question but okay. you wouldn't be playing Howard and Coleman more at this point, would you? And if you were, it would be cool with you to be losing in order to rest players? Rest them for what?

i often use the NASCAR analogy . (i love nascar) . becuz as a fan you love to see your car running out front. but as a crew chief you realize the laps are taking a toll on the tires. and the longer you stay out the slower you get. to the point where even lesser motors will power by you. nobody likes to see their driver in the pits. even for 1 minute. but i believe
it's best for the long run. get fresh tires and top off. short term loss but long term gain. otherwise...running on empty.

i often use the NASCAR analogy . (i love nascar) . becuz as a fan you love to see your car running out front. but as a crew chief you realize the laps are taking a toll on the tires. and the longer you stay out the slower you get. to the point where even lesser motors will power by you. nobody likes to see their driver in the pits. even for 1 minute. but i believe
it's best for the long run. get fresh tires and top off. short term loss but long term gain. otherwise...running on empty.

So tires are a metaphor for sneakers. And which body part is does the carburetor represent?

They're 20 year old kids who play 2 games a week.

Human beings are not cars.

The more exercise you do, the more you can do.

The driver of the car knows we don't have the spare parts. There is no reason to have the pit stop.

The purpose of this thread is to set up the oft-voiced complaint that boeheim wears his players out during the season and the team suffers for it at the end. It's a version of the "short bench" complaint voiced by the usual set of JB critics who wish they were as smart as he is, but are not.

When you get excited down low do you call it a Johnson or a Jimmy?

kansas has 2 as well playing 35+ they must suck, so does ND.

you could also ask yourself how many close games we are playing so our top guys have to play . It may more more sense to ask how many min a guy is playing when the game is in doubt

is there a big difference in playing 35 vs 30?

duke has 5 guys avg 30+
kent has 3
SU has 3
kansas has 4
ND has 4.

we are not that abnormal.

The bench argument is the dumbest argument ever IMO. Even K shortens his bench to 6.5 and he's got 12 high school all americans.

It doesn't matter that it has been shown to be dumb over and over again.

It's now part of the critics repertoire. it's an article of faith.

The bench argument is the dumbest argument ever IMO. Even K shortens his bench to 6.5 and he's got 12 high school all americans.
i gave you a link. try clicking it.
NO duke players in the top 100. syracuse 3 in the top 50.

I think you took a tire iron to the side of your head.

just because 4 duke players play more 30 min but not 35 doesnt mean they are sitting down and resting..

Kinard is 34.7 so not really all that different.

i'll take 34 over 40 everyday . you see in nascar speak that's the fresh tires. that keeps you up to speed.

i gave you a link. try clicking it.
NO duke players in the top 100. syracuse 3 in the top 50.

They've had guys in and out all year. They played two guys 40 and 4 guys 35 plus against Pitt. One guy had 10 minutes off the bench and the other two that played were in there less than 5.

well we lost by 33 at home.but i suggest you take a step back at look at your question. ill constructed team ?
if someone off the bench can't give me 5 minutes of decent ball then why are they even on the roster ?

It's funny to hear Duke brought up, we get 26.4% of minutes from our bench. Duke gets...26.4%. Villanova, who I believe is pretty good this year, gets 25.4. Kansas is 24.7%.

That's a little misleading, I assume the number for us is larger in conf play, but it's really not a big deal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom