ACC minutes played | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

ACC minutes played

no villanova wildcat averages over 33 minutes per game. 3 are over 30.

no villanova wildcat averages over 33 minutes per game. 3 are over 30.

Well, 3 are over 30, and a fourth is at 29.9. (I'm using the season long stats).

We have 2 guys over 30, and another at 29.8.

Like i said, it's a little misleading. We have a shorter bench now, and we have Roberson, who comes off the bench, who plays more minutes than Thompson, a starter. We have a short bench. There's no question.

Duke in 2015 got 25.4% of their minutes from the bench, Kentucky in 2012 got 21.6%, those are recent champions I know who had short benches.

If Boeheim played Howard 20 minutes a game and we lost the OP would complain we were playing Howard too much.

Exactly right. There is no reason to play anyone else and I don't recall a game when White, battle or Lydon looked exhausted at the end and missed shots because they played too much. I don't recall Cuse players being too tired to make the Final Four last year. Silly discussion but not surpising

They would be well rested for next year because the wouldn't be playing in any post season tournaments.

That's a good strategy. One of the complainer's should dial in with this question the coach's show. Gotta keep them fresh for next year!

imo so anyone here who thinks that having a strong bench is a weakness seems deluded. and anybody who thinks playing 40 minutes makes you a better team enjoy. that's my take . agree to disagree.

just for example..

Vill in a game against ACC virginia played its 4 main guys 33,35,37,37.

Perhaps if they had to play an ACC schedule and more tough games their main guys would end up playing more minutes.

when they played ND , they had 3 guys play 36,37,38 too.

when they played Purdue it was 33,35,37
when they played Wake it was 31,37,37 and the one guy sat because of foul trouble.

something tells me the bench gets shortened when the games are tougher.

this is a really bizarre thread. shortening the bench turned this season around!! boeheim tried playing 9 guys early in the season and it was a complete disaster. of all the years to be complaining about a short bench THIS ISNT THE YEAR!!! lol

to clarify yes i think we need to spell the starters. get them down to 34 minutes. that's called rotation.

to clarify yes i think we need to spell the starters. get them down to 34 minutes. that's called rotation.

If you watched the beginning of the season you might have noticed that was tried and failed miserably. The best bet is to play the best players the majority of the game. There is very little difference between playing 34 minutes and playing 39 minutes. The big difference is we would have no chance at the tournament if we sat Lydon, Battle and White for 5 more minutes each game!

I am all about playing a lot of guys when I think we have a lot of guys who can play x amount of minutes. That's not the case right now. I was howard's biggest fan last year but he has absolutely struggled against legit competition this year. He still needs to play 5-10 minutes and can definitely help when he plays but unlike past years where I wanted more guys to play because I thought they could contribute much more, not quite the case...so far.

ok run 440 meters and give me your time
now run 880 meters and give me your lap time.
next run 1200 meters and give me your lap times.

guaranteed it dropped.

About the only concern I have about this is possible back to back games in ACCT

I believe I saw that someone recently ran a marathon a day for 7 days all under 3 hours. If someone can do that I think our boys can go back to back for 40 minutes.

that's cool if you want to rest or take a play off on offense or defense. going 100 % . metabolism doesn't allow it.

I am all about playing a lot of guys when I think we have a lot of guys who can play x amount of minutes. That's not the case right now. I was howard's biggest fan last year but he has absolutely struggled against legit competition this year. He still needs to play 5-10 minutes and can definitely help when he plays but unlike past years where I wanted more guys to play because I thought they could contribute much more, not quite the case...so far.

Yeah, agreed. It would be great if Howard could give us consistent 5-10 mpg like you say. Would be good for everybody. Unfortunately he's pretty much an immediate turnover, bad defensive play, etc., the moment he checks in.

I have been looking for one of these special TV sets that are able to monitor athlete's heart rates. And the levels of lactic acid in their blood. I want the one that shows recovery rate too.

Some of our amateur physiologists must have them because they know when b asketball players are tired.

Or they are depending on average minutes played to determine how tired a team or player is.

Amazing stuff.

ok run 440 meters and give me your time
now run 880 meters and give me your lap time.
next run 1200 meters and give me your lap times.

guaranteed it dropped.

Well, it depends on your strategy. If you want to, you can. Distance runners will do negative splits (second half is faster than the first) and I guess you can argue that 40 minutes is a distance race. Either way, I don't think this is the best analogy for a a 94 foot court with time outs, play stoppage, fouls, reviews etc.

ok so you don't like howard. but my point is just keep in mind the extra minutes spent makes your starters worse.
and now i'll concentrate on tonite's game. GO CUSE

I think it's fair to look at past teams and say had a player here or there played a few more minutes throughout the course of the year we would have been better for it in the long run. This is not one of those teams. FH has been a liability and DC is obviously not himself. There is literally no one else to play. You play the hand you're dealt and this hand only has 6 viable options.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom