ACC Network - "All Access with Syracuse Football" premiering August 12th | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

ACC Network - "All Access with Syracuse Football" premiering August 12th

This episode shows why Hatcher is listed as a starter with that long TD. The depth at WR is pretty insane!
There’s a lot of potential. Hatcher has flashed the last two years. Pena missed all of last year after being a spot player, Haynes redshirted, Gill, freshman depth guy, Meeks 4 yr practice player for the most part, Ross true freshman. JRS is the only guy with proven production, and that was in the MWC.

Good height, look like a really good collection of athletes, but it’s all projection and speculation. I think we need to pump the brakes a little. I’m excited to see what they can, but what that is is a huge question mark to me.

There’s a lot of potential. Hatcher has flashed the last two years. Pena missed all of last year after being a spot player, Haynes redshirted, Gill, freshman depth guy, Meeks 4 yr practice player for the most part, Ross true freshman. JRS is the only guy with proven production, and that was in the MWC.

Good height, look like a really good collection of athletes, but it’s all projection and speculation. I think we need to pump the brakes a little. I’m excited to see what they can, but what that is is a huge question mark to me.
Eh, you're underselling. Hatcher has a whole season as a starter under his belt. Pena has played a lot.

But the biggest thing is Gadsden. Yeah, yeah, he's a "tight end" or whatever.

The dude is going to be out there to catch passes. Call his position you want, when it comes to the geometry of the defense that's what they have to defend against.

Eh, you're underselling. Hatcher has a whole season as a starter under his belt. Pena has played a lot.

The dude is going to be out there to catch passes. Call his position you want, when it comes to the geometry of the defense that's what they have to defend against.
Actually there are 2 big things that are going to kill most all defenses. Gadsden and Villari, we now have QB who has the quick release to hit the tight end. And we know what Villari can do with a full head of steam. Line backers and Defensive backs will bounce off of him.

If the oline plays well then teams have to fix the box issues to slow the run and they means OG is gonna have man coverage and he is a beast to cover with a big.

GT knew FSU couldn't throw so they played down hill and took away most of the FSU running game. we need to make teams play it honest so the QB has room to make his big plays.

Actually there are 2 big things that are going to kill most all defenses. Gadsden and Villari, we now have QB who has the quick release to hit the tight end. And we know what Villari can do with a full head of steam. Line backers and Defensive backs will bounce off of him.
We haven't heard a lot about Villari.

Secret weapon maybe?

OG is a huge difference maker. Teams will prepare for him and he will still tear them apart. AND, he will open things up for everyone else. This offense is ready to kill it.

Gadsden is a monster. If he stays healthy, I think he can work his way into first round conversation.

Excited for the season to finally get started soon.
Loved it when Kyle was amazed at OG's one handed catch and asked why no one was reacting to it. "That's just regular" someone tells him. "That's disgusting!" he replies.

Tells you all you need to know about OG. Marvin Harrison, Jr. who? (who btw, is being sued by Fanatics).

Gadsden is a monster. If he stays healthy, I think he can work his way into first round conversation.

Excited for the season to finally get started soon.
I was thinking that OG reminded me of Eric Decker until i found out that OG is 3 inches taller and about 20 pounds heavier than Eric. OG is an unreal talent. I can't wait to see how Nixon uses him and all of the weapons we have.

McCord throws a hell of a ball. I was down on Hatcher coming into this season with all the WR additions, but he proved me wrong. Starting WR oppo Haynes which I thought would be Meeks and he was showing out on all access with a sweet catch. He seems to have stepped up to the challenge and I couldn’t be happier for him.

I know we only saw about 5 seconds of the scrimmage last night, but it appeared that the offense moved down the field with ease on that first drive. I hope that is more of a sign of how great our offense is, and not a sign that we're going to get burned all year. I think the CB room is deep, so I'm leaning towards the offense being great.

Did anyone else catch OG say something like “guys aren’t afraid to hit this year”

Tells you everything you need to know about the difference in coaching from last year to this year.

Yes I caught that

I know we only saw about 5 seconds of the scrimmage last night, but it appeared that the offense moved down the field with ease on that first drive. I hope that is more of a sign of how great our offense is, and not a sign that we're going to get burned all year. I think the CB room is deep, so I'm leaning towards the offense being great.
I think the offense is just that good. There's legit All ACC and some All American talent all over the roster.

Did anyone else catch OG say something like “guys aren’t afraid to hit this year”

Tells you everything you need to know about the difference in coaching from last year to this year.
Maybe with the depth issues and guys already walking wounded everything was half speed and contact last year?

I thought the Jim Tressell talk was impressive. How awesome that Fran brought in Tressell to give them a pep talk, and what a great message he delivered. That was cool.
Thought that was great as well. Was surprised that none of the media guys asked Fran about Tressell being on campus during any of the press conferences.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom