ACC Network announcement at 3 PM | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

ACC Network announcement at 3 PM

Every Syracuse basketball game will be on TV. The blackout problems with WatchESPN will go away now that the awful agreement with Raycom has expired. As I mentioned in my post above, Spectrum is huge in NY, NC and central Florida. These areas are filled with rabid ACC fans. There will be intense pressure to carry the ACCN.

We know Spectrum enjoys a good relationship with ESPN. Heck, they carry the SECN in New York, I can’t see them not carrying the ACCN as well.

I don’t see a big increase in your cable bill either. Spectrum knows ACCN is going to be available on Hulu, Sling, Playstation Vue, YouTube, DirectTV and Verizon Fios. If Spectrum doesn’t carry ACCN, subscribers will just go elsewhere. If they try and use this as a way to jack up fees, subscribers will just be given another incentive to cut the cord. They have no choice. They have to carry the ACCN. The cost to them for adding this network might be $1.70 per month per subscriber. That should be the type of increase you might expect, tops as a result of this. There has been talk of ESPN adding the ACCN as a replacement for ESPNNews or ESPN Classic. If they do that, the cost will be even less. You should be good.
Sorry for the negativity but I'll believe it when I see it. As I said I can't watch my Bonnie's because I can't get the "network " they're on. And it bumps the sh!+ out of me.

Sorry for the negativity but I'll believe it when I see it. As I said I can't watch my Bonnie's because I can't get the "network " they're on. And it bumps the sh!+ out of me.
Sorry you are having problems watching the Bonnies. Out of curiosity, what exactly are you having problems believing?

Sorry you are having problems watching the Bonnies. Out of curiosity, what exactly are you having problems believing?
Up until today, I haven't been able to find their games on anything other than ESPN+, a premium channel, which I figure that's how the ACC network will go.

Up until today, I haven't been able to find their games on anything other than ESPN+, a premium channel, which I figure that's how the ACC network will go.
ESPN+ is for conferences without a ton of interest. There will never be an ACC event on it.

My understanding is that all games for all varsity ACC sports will be televised. There will often be times when multiple events are played at the same time. The games not televised on ABC, the ACCN or one of the ESPN channels will be broadcast on WatchESPN and your subscription to ESPN will entitle you to access them for ‘free’. This is why the ACCN is such a great thing for ACC Olympic sports. If you are a parent of a varsity athlete playing for Syracuse and live in, say, California, you are guaranteed you will have the ability to watch all the games your kid plays during their entire career at Syracuse. How cool is that?

ESPN+ is for conferences without a ton of interest. There will never be an ACC event on it.

My understanding is that all games for all varsity ACC sports will be televised. There will often be times when multiple events are played at the same time. The games not televised on ABC, the ACCN or one of the ESPN channels will be broadcast on WatchESPN and your subscription to ESPN will entitle you to access them for ‘free’. This is why the ACCN is such a great thing for ACC Olympic sports. If you are a parent of a varsity athlete playing for Syracuse and live in, say, California, you are guaranteed you will have the ability to watch all the games your kid plays during their entire career at Syracuse. How cool is that?
Cool indeed. If I heard correctly, this coming year syracuse university alone will have somewhere around 1400 athletic competitions broadcasted on the accn.

Cool indeed. If I heard correctly, this coming year syracuse university alone will have somewhere around 1400 athletic competitions broadcasted on the accn.
I believe that is the planned number for all sporting events set to be covered live on the ACCN. The SEC struggled to cover 1000 in its first year.

Last year, ESPN asked Syracuse to cover 40 SU sporting events live. They covered 89. This year they are going to cover 129. Syracuse covers by far the most events of any school in the ACC and more than any school in the SEC as well. We are way ahead of the other ACC schools here and hopefully will always be.

I believe that is the planned number for all sporting events set to be covered live on the ACCN. The SEC struggled to cover 1000 in its first year.

Last year, ESPN asked Syracuse to cover 40 SU sporting events live. They covered 89. This year they are going to cover 129. Syracuse covers by far the most events of any school in the ACC and more than any school in the SEC as well. We are way ahead of the other ACC schools here and hopefully will always be.
This will also be great for the kids at Newhouse!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom