ACC Network announcement at 3 PM | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

ACC Network announcement at 3 PM

ACC announces Raycom to operate all aspects of the ACC Network.

They're handling operations, but not distribution. People in Rochester and Buffalo won't be abandoned. :rolleyes:

He looks like a radio guy.

1677938-1437002347-600x450.jpg

Speaks well. Clearly a strong advocate for the conference. I think he has his business and would probably not want to get rid of it to take this gig.

Packer is smooth and does a good job staying relatively neutral. Pairing him with Bilas would be ideal.

With David Teel as Baba Booey.

With security from CPI.
Let's face it, Syracuse is going to ignored on all the historical stuff. Maybe they will throw the newbie ACC schools a bone and include some content from when they played elsewhere.

I hope so.

Packer is a great hire.

I am not a fan of Wes Durham, who I have found to be worthless when he attempts to do color. I hope they can upgrade to someone with a little more insight and intelligence soon. It scares me Wes is still going to be allowed to do ACC games.

Let's face it, Syracuse is going to ignored on all the historical stuff. Maybe they will throw the newbie ACC schools a bone and include some content from when they played elsewhere.

I hope so.

Packer is a great hire.

I am not a fan of Wes Durham, who I have found to be worthless when he attempts to do color. I hope they can upgrade to someone with a little more insight and intelligence soon. It scares me Wes is still going to be allowed to do ACC games.

Is Packer the close to 80 year old former announcer or the son/grandson etc of Billy Packer? Don’t recall the elder ever being a fan of SU unfortunately.

ACCN will be carried on DirectTV in addition to all the other outlets previously announced.
Where can I find those "other outlets previously announced"? I have Dish Network. Thanks.

Where can I find those "other outlets previously announced"? I have Dish Network. Thanks.
Don...the providers are still being courted/threatened as we speak. Sling is still in negotiations...but with Directv signed up...Sling will surely follow. I also, think YouttubeTV is a certainty too.

ACC NETWORK AVAILABILITY

Carriage agreements are already in place with the following [national] providers:
DIRECTV
Google Fiber
Hulu Live TV
Layer3 TV
Optimum (aka Altice)
PlayStation Vue
Suddenlink
Verizon Fios

This list alone virtually guarantees that anyone who wants the ACCN can get it if they are willing to switch carriers...You may not have to if you live somewhere served by one of these small, local providers.

Agreements are also in place with the following [local] providers:
Adaptive Media
Amarillo Wireless
Americas Center Corporation
Ashland Home Net
BEK Communications Cooperative
Brookings Municipal Utilities
Cable Systems of Nevada
Camellia Communications
Central Arkansas Telephone Co-op
Cherokee Telephone
Clarksville Department of Energy
Colorado Community Fiber
CTI Fiber
Delcambre Telephone
ESCO Technologies
Farmers Telecommunications Cooperative (AL)
Glandorf Telephone
GMCC
Gold Coast Broadband
Gorham Communications
Grafton Technologies
Hardy Telephone
HCI
Highland Communication Services
Highlands Cable Group
KiwiSat
Locks Cable
Madison Telephone
Mahaska Communication Group
Mid-Plains Communications
Naicom
NEMR Telecom
NetCom TV
New Lisbon
Olin Telephone Company
OpenBand
Peoples Services
Plateau Telecommunications
PTC Communications
RaceTV
Randolph
RTC Communications
Rural Burleigh Cable
Salsgiver Communications
Siren Communications
Southern Fibernet
Southern Montana Telephone
Spruce Knobs Seneca Rocks Telephone
SPTC Telcom
Sunset Digital Communications
Ting Fiber
Topsham Communications
Trenton Telephone Company
Tri County Telephone
United Communications
Vaughnsville Telephone Co
West Carolina Communications
WestPAnet
Wheat State Technologies
Whidbey Telecom
Yadkin Telecom
Yucca Telecom

H/T: GTFletch from CSNBBS.com

Don...the providers are still being courted/threatened as we speak. Sling is still in negotiations...but with Directv signed up...Sling will surely follow. I also, think YouttubeTV is a certainty too.

ACC NETWORK AVAILABILITY

Carriage agreements are already in place with the following [national] providers:
DIRECTV
Google Fiber
Hulu Live TV
Layer3 TV
Optimum (aka Altice)
PlayStation Vue
Suddenlink
Verizon Fios

This list alone virtually guarantees that anyone who wants the ACCN can get it if they are willing to switch carriers...You may not have to if you live somewhere served by one of these small, local providers.

Adaptive Media
Amarillo Wireless
Ashland Home Net
Cable Systems of Nevada
Camellia Communications
Cherokee Telephone
Colorado Community Fiber
CTI Fiber
Delcambre Telephone
ESCO Technologies
Glandorf Telephone
GMCC
Gold Coast Broadband
Gorham Communications
Grafton Technologies
Hardy Telephone
HCI
Highlands Cable Group
KiwiSat
Locks Cable
Madison Telephone
Naicom
NEMR Telecom
NetCom TV
New Lisbon
Olin Telephone Company
OpenBand
Peoples Services
PTC Communications
RaceTV
Randolph
RTC Communications
Rural Burleigh Cable
Salsgiver Communications
Siren Communications
Southern Fibernet
SPTC Telcom
Ting Fiber
Topsham Communications
Tri County Telephone
United Communications
WestPAnet
Wheat State Technologies
Whidbey Telecom
Yadkin Telecom
Yucca Telecom

I'd better see Comcast (I refuse to call them Xfinity) on that list soon, or there will be hell to pay. ;)

Thanks for that response "TexanMark". Doesn't look like Dish Network will be part of it. Hopefully it will come under the sport pac which includes Big 10, SEC and Pac 12 networks which I have, Being in Canada those other options will obviously not work for me.

Two or three weeks ago I emailed the ACCN to find out if Dish Network would be carrying the channel. No response.

Thanks for that response "TexanMark". Doesn't look like Dish Network will be part of it. Hopefully it will come under the sport pac which includes Big 10, SEC and Pac 12 networks which I have, Being in Canada those other options will obviously not work for me.

Two or three weeks ago I emailed the ACCN to find out if Dish Network would be carrying the channel. No response.
There is still over 5 months till kickoff...Sling will fall in line or risk losing customers. A few battles might last until mid September but I think the ACC Network will get all the big providers.

Looks like ACCN will be national not regional. So when SU has a game scheduled at same time as Duke, UNC, NC St, etc. Should we assume they will most of the time show one of the NC schools and not Cuse? Meaning we end up with fewer games on TV? Hope not.

Looks like ACCN will be national not regional. So when SU has a game scheduled at same time as Duke, UNC, NC St, etc. Should we assume they will most of the time show one of the NC schools and not Cuse? Meaning we end up with fewer games on TV? Hope not.

Big 10 has the same setup and my dad has yet to miss an Iowa conference game. A couple of the non-conference games each season have been on BTN Plus which is internet only that you have to pay for, but we're a higher profile program than Iowa so I would hope and think the ACCN would grab anything for us that is not on one of the other ESPN networks.

They're handling operations, but not distribution. People in Rochester and Buffalo won't be abandoned. :rolleyes:

I sure hope not. First world problems, but it was somewhat ridiculous that in 2019 fans 1-2 hours away from the Dome were unable to watch a number of games on tv and had to rely on streaming.

I thought the ACCN should look at Danny Kanell to head up their football coverage.

ACC NETWORK AVAILABILITY

DIRECTV
Google Fiber
Hulu Live TV
Layer3 TV
Optimum (aka Altice)
PlayStation Vue
Suddenlink
Verizon Fios

Adaptive Media
Amarillo Wireless
Ashland Home Net
Cable Systems of Nevada
Camellia Communications
Cherokee Telephone
Colorado Community Fiber
CTI Fiber
Delcambre Telephone
ESCO Technologies
Glandorf Telephone
GMCC
Gold Coast Broadband
Gorham Communications
Grafton Technologies
Hardy Telephone
HCI
Highlands Cable Group
KiwiSat
Locks Cable
Madison Telephone
Naicom
NEMR Telecom
NetCom TV
New Lisbon
Olin Telephone Company
OpenBand
Peoples Services
PTC Communications
RaceTV
Randolph
RTC Communications
Rural Burleigh Cable
Salsgiver Communications
Siren Communications
Southern Fibernet
SPTC Telcom
Ting Fiber
Topsham Communications
Tri County Telephone
United Communications
WestPAnet
Wheat State Technologies
Whidbey Telecom
Yadkin Telecom
Yucca Telecom

If you can believe Wiki, the ACCN will carried on the Syracuse CW affiliate WSTQ. They have carried several SU games this year including the ACC tournament

Last edited:

Dish carries the SEC network. I Ike the chances it carries the ACC Network too.

If you can believe Wiki, the ACCN will carried on the CW affiliate WSTQ. They have carried several SU games this year including the ACC tournament

that agrrement is done as accnetwork is turning into an actual espn channel

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom