ACC Network Extra question | Syracusefan.com

ACC Network Extra question

cuseguy

Living Legend
So I added YouTubeTV, which allows me to get the ACCN. But YouTubeTV doesn’t carry ACC Network Extra.

Seems I have to wait for Comcast to add ACC Network in order to get ACCNX on ESPN Watch.

I guess it’s that simple but it kind of almost defeats the purpose of adding YouTubeTV because there’s a number of SU games on ACCNX.

So I added YouTubeTV, which allows me to get the ACCN. But YouTubeTV doesn’t carry ACC Network Extra.

Seems I have to wait for Comcast to add ACC Network in order to get ACCNX on ESPN Watch.

I guess it’s that simple but it kind of almost defeats the purpose of adding YouTubeTV because there’s a number of SU games on ACCNX.

Remember when we were told a year or two ago all games would be televised? Football and basketball.

For what I have read, YoutubeTV subscribers can access ACCNX content from their mobile devices but not from Rokus. I wonder if the problem is with the ESPN app on the Rokus? Maybe it just needs to be upgraded to the latest version? Anyway, please try to get ACCNX content from your phone, your iPad or tablet, your PC, etc. Is there a problem with all of these or only your streaming device for your TV?

For what I have read, YoutubeTV subscribers can access ACCNX content from their mobile devices but not from Rokus. I wonder if the problem is with the ESPN app on the Rokus? Maybe it just needs to be upgraded to the latest version? Anyway, please try to get ACCNX content from your phone, your iPad or tablet, your PC, etc. Is there a problem with all of these or only your streaming device for your TV?

Yeah, I can’t ACCNX on any device. It just says my network provider (Comcast) doesn’t carry ACC Network. I have an Apple TV connected to my TV. It really does seem as though I can’t get ACCNX until — if ever — Comcast adds ACCN. If this is true, a lot of people are going to be shut out of ACCNX.

Yeah, here’s the deal. If your TV provider doesn’t carry the ACCN, you won’t be able to get ACCN Extra on any streaming device even if you get the ACCN on a streaming service.

I’m not happy.

Subscribers to ESPN+ will have access regardless of provider or media device. I have PlayStation Vue and access ESPN+ through Roku and the exhibition game is already showing on the schedule. Beginning November 12th you can bundle Disney + with ESPN+ for $11.99 per month. I believe they are also throwing in the basic Hulu access as well in that bundle. If you have young kids or grandchildren who visit frequently it is well worth it.

Yeah, I can’t ACCNX on any device. It just says my network provider (Comcast) doesn’t carry ACC Network. I have an Apple TV connected to my TV. It really does seem as though I can’t get ACCNX until — if ever — Comcast adds ACCN. If this is true, a lot of people are going to be shut out of ACCNX.
Change your espn app to YouTube tv as your tv providers in settings. This will give you ACCNX

Subscribers to ESPN+ will have access regardless of provider or media device. I have PlayStation Vue and access ESPN+ through Roku and the exhibition game is already showing on the schedule. Beginning November 12th you can bundle Disney + with ESPN+ for $11.99 per month. I believe they are also throwing in the basic Hulu access as well in that bundle. If you have young kids or grandchildren who visit frequently it is well worth it.

It’s showing on ESPN+ schedule?

Where do I make this change?

This is on my laptop. But I logged off my espn account. Then I went to the watchespn schedule and picked an ACC Network Extra program. It took me to a screen to a log in with my provider. The list is in alphabetical order. Scroll to the bottom and you see YouTube tv and if I select that, it takes me to a screen to log in with a You Tube tv account. Now I don't have YouTube TV but might want to see if this works for you.

This is on my laptop. But I logged off my espn account. Then I went to the watchespn schedule and picked an ACC Network Extra program. It took me to a screen to a log in with my provider. The list is in alphabetical order. Scroll to the bottom and you see YouTube tv and if I select that, it takes me to a screen to log in with a You Tube tv account. Now I don't have YouTube TV but might want to see if this works for you.
I know for a fact that subscribers to YouTubeTV can definitely access ACCNX content. I have friends who access ACCNX content on a daily basis. I agree with MSOrange on this. You definitely do not have to subscribe to a traditional cable provider to get this.

I have Comcast too. Try this (obv ACCNX only). Go to the ESPN app and choose Watch. Scroll all the way down to Channels. Scroll right. Next to the ACC Network (10 minute "preview" available :rolleyes:) is ACCNX.

Next scheduled game is this afternoon at 3PM. I'll let you know if it works. I believe it should.

I have Comcast too. Try this (obv ACCNX only). Go to the ESPN app and choose Watch. Scroll all the way down to Channels. Scroll right. Next to the ACC Network (10 minute "preview" available :rolleyes:) is ACCNX.

Next scheduled game is this afternoon at 3PM. I'll let you know if it works. I believe it should.

Yeah, I’ve tried this. It won’t allow me to access the event. It tells me to activate on ESPN using a code, but then it tells me my provider doesn’t allow access.

Yeah, I’ve tried this. It won’t allow me to access the event. It tells me to activate on ESPN using a code, but then it tells me my provider doesn’t allow access.

I believe this is ESPN’s way of preventing Comcast subscribers from accessing ACC Network coverage through the ESPN app.

Looks like there are issues with some people but others have the access. I have friends who are accessing ACCNX through YouTubeTV. They are Spectrum and Fios internet only customers. It is definitely not a systematic thing where YouTubeTV subscribers cannot access ACCNX,

I feel bad for you cuseguy. You have suffered enough!

Looks like there are issues with some people but others have the access. I have friends who are accessing ACCNX through YouTubeTV. They are Spectrum and Fios internet only customers. It is definitely not a systematic thing where YouTubeTV subscribers cannot access ACCNX,

I feel bad for you cuseguy. You have suffered enough!

Well, it’s not as bad as the days, years ago, when I had to drive to the tallest hill in town so I could get SU games on my car radio. There wasn’t much TV coverage back then. I even went so far as to attach an FM antennae to my roof so I could pick up a station in NYC. I was dedicated. But lately I’ve been feeling beaten down. Not a fan of the ACC, which has led to this spotty and irregular coverage. I hope it improves.

Well, it’s not as bad as the days, years ago, when I had to drive to the tallest hill in town so I could get SU games on my car radio. There wasn’t much TV coverage back then. I even went so far as to attach an FM antennae to my roof so I could pick up a station in NYC. I was dedicated. But lately I’ve been feeling beaten down. Not a fan of the ACC, which has led to this spotty and irregular coverage. I hope it improves.
I am sure it will. I think this is the transition year for SU fans not living in CNY. The last bugs and arrangements with service providers are being worked out. Next year and beyond will be a time of milk and honey for all. Even SU fans living in Connecticut.

I know for a fact that subscribers to YouTubeTV can definitely access ACCNX content. I have friends who access ACCNX content on a daily basis. I agree with MSOrange on this. You definitely do not have to subscribe to a traditional cable provider to get this.

Confirmed.

Confirmed.

I spoke to a tech person today with YouTubeTV. He said that YouTubeTV doesn’t offer ACC Network Extra. But he linked me to a site that allowed me to express my interest in getting ACCNX.

So if some people are getting ACCNX on YouTube, then something fishy is happening.

I spoke to a tech person today with YouTubeTV. He said that YouTubeTV doesn’t offer ACC Network Extra. But he linked me to a site that allowed me to express my interest in getting ACCNX.

So if some people are getting ACCNX on YouTube, then something fishy is happening.
ACCNX is on the espn app not YouTube tv. You have to go into the espn app and choose your tv provider that carries the ACC Network.

ACCNX is on the espn app not YouTube tv. You have to go into the espn app and choose your tv provider that carries the ACC Network.

I did that. I clicked my TV provider as YouTubeTV. It still prevents me from watching ACCNX. It says my TV provider, Comcast, doesn’t carry ACCNX. I’m still getting Comcast as well as YouTubeTV.

You need the ESPN app on Roku or another streaming device. Then when you authenticate you choose YouTube TV as your provider. It’s true you cannot watch ACCNX directly through the YouTube app.