ACC Network Extra question | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

ACC Network Extra question

I am a current Comcast subscriber also. I bit the bullet and signed up for Sling TV Orange for $15 for the first month ($25 next month) with extra $10 fee for ACCN and extra.

I have Apple TV so I went in there and changed my TV provider to Sling TV. Makes you put in a code that sling tv provides. Did this and now tonight’s Daemen game shows up in my Apple TV menu.

I hope to God I followed the right procedure to get this all to work. I cannot be without my beloved Orange basketball. Can anyone confirm that I did this right?

Last edited:
I bit the bullet and signed up for Sling TV Orange for $15 for the first month ($25 next month) with extra $10 fee for ACCN and extra.

I have Apple TV so I went in there and changed my TV provider to Sling TV. Makes you put in a code that sling tv provides. Did this and now tonight’s Daemen game shows up in my Apple TV menu.

I hope to God I followed the right procedure to get this all to work. I cannot be without my beloved Orange basketball. Can anyone confirm that I did this right?
Yes. 25 for Sling Orange and 10 for the sports package which includes accn and accnx.

I’ll try that, Mark. Thanks. I’m willing to stand on my head at this point.

Wear a hat that has tv rabbit ears attached to it and are wrapped in aluminum foil. Then sit on the roof of your house holding one end of an antenna wire which snakes down into your house and is connected to your tv. Have your wife sit in front of the tv using FaceTime to transmit the game to you on your phone.

I am a current Comcast subscriber also. I bit the bullet and signed up for Sling TV Orange for $15 for the first month ($25 next month) with extra $10 fee for ACCN and extra.

I basically did this same thing but wit ATT TV. I can stream ACCN content trough the ESPN app on my tv now but still not ACCNX.

Edit: this whole ACC network guff better bring big money to Syracuse because other than that it is basically a disaster. I have had a hell of a time seeing Syracuse football and now it looks like I won’t get the b-ball exhibition games. It’s like a time machine that has transported me to 1998.

Looks like there are issues with some people but others have the access. I have friends who are accessing ACCNX through YouTubeTV. They are Spectrum and Fios internet only customers. It is definitely not a systematic thing where YouTubeTV subscribers cannot access ACCNX,

I feel bad for you cuseguy. You have suffered enough!
You are saying Fios customers are having the issue? I have Fios and spent the past 75min with verizon trying to sort it out. The guy said it had to do with updated user term agreements. Would take 24 hours to update. Once it was manually processed on their end i would gain access. A bit skeptical but will find out tomorrow night I guess.

So I added YouTubeTV, which allows me to get the ACCN. But YouTubeTV doesn’t carry ACC Network Extra.

Seems I have to wait for Comcast to add ACC Network in order to get ACCNX on ESPN Watch.

I guess it’s that simple but it kind of almost defeats the purpose of adding YouTubeTV because there’s a number of SU games on ACCNX.

I am told that ACCNX can be viewed in the ESPN app using YTTV credentials.

I basically did this same thing but wit ATT TV. I can stream ACCN content trough the ESPN app on my tv now but still not ACCNX.

Edit: this whole ACC network guff better bring big money to Syracuse because other than that it is basically a disaster. I have had a hell of a time seeing Syracuse football and now it looks like I won’t get the b-ball exhibition games. It’s like a time machine that has transported me to 1998.

I am not totally committed to leaving Comcast yet but am getting close. I may keep Comcast for Internet only so I don’t have to change emails and use a few various streaming services. So far I’m liking Sling for ACC network and extra.

I can confirm ACCNX content is available if you are a YouTube TV subscriber. I use Spectrum for my internet and recently cancelled my cable. I got the ESPN app found the Cuse game and it was listed as ACCNX content. I clicked on it and got a message that Spectrum doesn’t carry ACCN in my area (I live in Texas) so call them to complain. So I went to the ESPN app settings and there is a field for cable provider which showed mine as Spectrum. Clicked on that and logged out of Spectrum and that field changed to select cable provider. So I clicked on it, entered YouTube tv in the search box and it came up, selected YouTube tv which then launched a google login to enter my YouTube tv creds. Said yes to all of the questions and within minutes was watching a replay of the game.

Only glitch is if you are trying to connect via an iPad you have to have JavaScript enabled on your safari browser... I’ll try enabling the content on my roku box and Apple TV today and report back for anyone curious.

I can confirm ACCNX content is available if you are a YouTube TV subscriber. I use Spectrum for my internet and recently cancelled my cable. I got the ESPN app found the Cuse game and it was listed as ACCNX content. I clicked on it and got a message that Spectrum doesn’t carry ACCN in my area (I live in Texas) so call them to complain. So I went to the ESPN app settings and there is a field for cable provider which showed mine as Spectrum. Clicked on that and logged out of Spectrum and that field changed to select cable provider. So I clicked on it, entered YouTube tv in the search box and it came up, selected YouTube tv which then launched a google login to enter my YouTube tv creds. Said yes to all of the questions and within minutes was watching a replay of the game.

Only glitch is if you are trying to connect via an iPad you have to have JavaScript enabled on your safari browser... I’ll try enabling the content on my roku box and Apple TV today and report back for anyone curious.

I was able to figure this out as well but I haven’t canceled my Comcast yet. Makes me laugh, though, over how far technology has changed in recent years. As a kid, I grew up with a TV with a half dozen channels. We were the generation that had to get up and switch channels on the TV. Amazing.

I have Comcast too. Try this (obv ACCNX only). Go to the ESPN app and choose Watch. Scroll all the way down to Channels. Scroll right. Next to the ACC Network (10 minute "preview" available :rolleyes:) is ACCNX.

Next scheduled game is this afternoon at 3PM. I'll let you know if it works. I believe it should.
Hi! I did what you suggested this morning, and finally got to ACCNX. However they do not seem to be showing any replays. I hoped to be able to watch the game again.

Hi! I did what you suggested this morning, and finally got to ACCNX. However they do not seem to be showing any replays. I hoped to be able to watch the game again.

It's in there. You have to change from "All Networks" to "ACCNX"

ACCNXDaemen.png

I can give you a direct link, but I don't know if that'll help you watch on your TV through the app.

View attachment 172084

I can give you a direct link, but I don't know if that'll help you watch on your TV through the app.

Maybe because you have access to the ACCNX. Comcast doesn't, so there are no replays available to choose.

View attachment 172084

Thank you! First thing I did was click on the game and watch it. Then I tried to find it in the app. I can get to the ACCNX but once I do, it only allows me to watch things today and in the future. I couldn’t figure out how to get to the page above. I feel like a baby who has to have her hand held. Wah!

So I did all of this, but changed to my ATT TV login. No luck. It says I can't watch ACCN or ACCNX on the app with this provider. Even though I know for certain that AT&T has a carriage agreement with ACCN. So what the heck?? Super frustrating how difficult it suddenly became to watch ACC content once they came out with an ACC Network.

So I did all of this, but changed to my ATT TV login. No luck. It says I can't watch ACCN or ACCNX on the app with this provider. Even though I know for certain that AT&T has a carriage agreement with ACCN. So what the heck?? Super frustrating how difficult it suddenly became to watch ACC content once they came out with an ACC Network.
Same here. Was a legacy DirecTV Now customer, which then migrated over to ATT TV. I love the service since I’m on a grandfathered plan. But still can’t watch the ACCN or ACCNX on the ESPN app. Seems to be an issue between ATT and ESPN. So I reinstated my YouTubeTV account for the next 30 days so I could catch the majority of our ACCNX games. The things we do...

FWIW, I have Fios internet (only) with Sling TV (Orange + Sports Package), and as I type I have the Syracuse exhibition game playing on my TV. No issues.

FWIW, I have Fios internet (only) with Sling TV (Orange + Sports Package), and as I type I have the Syracuse exhibition game playing on my TV. No issues.
I see the game for tomorrow on my app, but I am wondering whether I will be able to watch a re-run? Time will tell, I guess.

FYI, the Syracuse game, as well as N C State's exhibition, and the preseason promotion videos by UNC and Duke, are all on demand. ACCNX is showing both scheduled events, and past events.

Comcast is the largest carrier in the country and I am stuck with no accn in Florida due to my condo association that provides comcast in my condo fees. This is the most recent that I could find on comcast, who is apparently still in contract talks.

Comcast is the largest carrier in the country and I am stuck with no accn in Florida due to my condo association that provides comcast in my condo fees. This is the most recent that I could find on comcast, who is apparently still in contract talks.

I've got bad news for Comcast folks here. Comcast/ACC Network probably aren't reaching a deal anytime soon. I've gotten a ton of emails asking about this recently so I checked in with a Comcast contact and he said ESPN/Comcast haven't spoken in weeks.

Big issue here is that Comcast would have to negotiate ACC Network separately while most other carriers had it cooked into their Disney deals. Comcast apparently won't back down until ESPN gives them a deal where it won't raise your pricing (like that's ever really stopped them before).

I have Comcast but can’t go with out it kills me I missed watching the exhibition game. So is sling with the acc add on the best option then? I’m coming out for UVA but need it set up for Colgate.

I have Comcast but can’t go with out it kills me I missed watching the exhibition game. So is sling with the acc add on the best option then? I’m coming out for UVA but need it set up for Colgate.
In my research it’s the cheapest, although if you have multiple email addresses you may be able to delay signing up by using free week offers across all of your email addresses across YouTube tv, Hulu etc.