ACC Network Thread | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

ACC Network Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is impressive as fcuk!

I remember years ago that ahole Francesca called SU a trade school because, in his pea brain, we churned out a ton of broadcasters and in his mind not much else. But I digress, the list is completely insane

Haha my fault. No I'm asking why Cuse is the only school that will televise every event.
Besides having the broadcasters and support, part of Newhouse's $18 million renovations involved adding the ability to broadcast from each venue-with multiple cameras(fiber to studio). Its possible they may be the only school that has both the network infrastructure, as well as available broadcasters. They were also involved in the production of the ACCN extra, so there is also the experience. Kinda makes sense, til the other universities have the ability.

Last edited:
I was talking about this with some buddies the other day and none of us have inside info or know any gossip on this topic. But if you are under the impression that Spectrum just has to add the ACC Network to their lineup, you have more faith in them than many.

I would say come July 4th if Spectrum hasn't added it yet and you have them and don't really stream and are about 6 weeks out from Game #1 of SU football, you might want to consider your PLAN B.

... come July 4th if Spectrum hasn't added it yet and you have them and don't really stream and are about 6 weeks out from Game #1 of SU football, you might want to consider your PLAN B.

Fortunately for me, I am in a Syracuse suburb where FiOS is also available. I would switch in a heartbeat if Spectrum doesn’t offer the ACC Network.

I may switch either way... Can anyone compare FiOS’s sports offerings with Spectrum’s sports extra package for the Syracuse suburbs? I’d readily change to FiOS if they’re close, since I think I’d save a lot with FiOS.

Fortunately for me, I am in a Syracuse suburb where FiOS is also available. I would switch in a heartbeat if Spectrum doesn’t offer the ACC Network.

I may switch either way... Can anyone compare FiOS’s sports offerings with Spectrum’s sports extra package for the Syracuse suburbs? I’d readily change to FiOS if they’re close, since I think I’d save a lot with FiOS.
I have had both. When Spectrum was atone Warner, they had a lot of tier 3 content of SU sports. The football and basketball coaches shows, replays of some games, exhibitions, Midnight Madness coverage. That sort of thing.

Once Spectrum took over, that all stopped. The only advantage I can think of Spectrum had was coverage of the Meta games televised by WPIX but those have been licked up by channel 7 locally so as far as I know, there aren’t any advantages any longer. The FIOS internet solution is faster and better, as is the picture quality.

I plan on switching. Spectrum has significantly worse support (TW’s was very good), their apps are worse and the DVR solution is worse than TW’s too.

What a horrible company. I hadn’t realized how unhappy I am with them until now.

Fios > Spectrum

I called FiOS customer support recently - the guy was in a center in Syracuse (around Thompson Road).

FWIW - total casual fan.

traditional cable has to be sh!tting their pants when 80+year old Grandmothers are buying Roku's or Smart TV's and setting up things like Netflix, YoutubeTV, etc...

Spectrum and the others will all fall in line by early September.

SU AD John Wildhack just confirmed the ACC is in negotiations with Charter. Their contract with ESPN isn’t about to expire...the talks about specifically about adding the ACCN. A lot of the companies Charter competes with have all announced they will carry the ACCN.

It is going to be tough for them to pass on it.

traditional cable has to be sh!tting their pants when 80+year old Grandmothers are buying Roku's or Smart TV's and setting up things like Netflix, YoutubeTV, etc...

Spectrum and the others will all fall in line by early September.
I learned about streaming 12? Years ago. From an 80 year old. Said everyone did it in his winter retirement community in Fla. The 7 gals gathered around his table, to play cards(He's enjoying his retirement ;-). ) All raised their hands, and said they did it, too. 33 million do, now. I was shocked that retirees were early adopters.

Come August, when the dust clears, can we start a separate thread, How to watch every Cuse game(regardless of where you live)? Lots of good suggestions, here, but we won't know for sure, until then. There will be a few games that could be a challenge, for many of us .

SU AD John Wildhack just confirmed the ACC is in negotiations with Charter. Their contract with ESPN isn’t about to expire...the talks about specifically about adding the ACCN. A lot of the companies Charter competes with have all announced they will carry the ACCN.

It is going to be tough for them to pass on it.

I think the bigger question is:

Will the ACCN only be available to Spectrum Gold subscribers, or will Spectrum Silver and Spectrum Select customers have access?

Will the ACCN only be available to Spectrum Gold subscribers, or will Spectrum Silver and Spectrum Select customers have access?
sec network is available on spectrum select, espn u on silver and goalline is gold

They have BTN and SEC Network on Silver and Select so one would hope they would be consistent with that but I believe I have special sports package so I should be good either way.

still fuzzy on the ACC network vs the ACC network extra , will it be a channel, a series of channels, or channels + streaming?

streaming sports sucks

Last edited:
Is there a comprehensive list of the carriers that have agreed to carry the ACC network? On getaccn.com they only let you search by the providers in your area but I'd like to see a full list. Another question, anyone here have Consolidated Communications?

My brother works for Charter and his new boss does finance for the programming department and knows all the deals and negotiations going on. He's going to ask tomorrow so hopefully I have an update.

If that guy passes on any information he should be fired or your brother should assuming he has an NDA

If that guy passes on any information he should be fired or your brother should assuming he has an NDA

If I hear anything, I'll keep it off the board as I didn't mention anything to my brother about posting it on the internet. I should have kept my mouth shut in hindsight.

sec network is available on spectrum select, espn u on silver and goalline is gold
It would be indefensible to include the SECN on select and put the ACCN on silver or gold. Since we are talking about Charter, anything is possible but that seems really unlikely.

I think the worse case scenario is that the ACCN replaces the SECN on select and the SECN gets relegated to silver, like the B1G. Which really isn’t bad at all. I for one could find a way to live without Paul Finebaum in my life.

still fuzzy on the ACC network vs the ACC network extra , will it be a channel, a series of channels, or channels + streaming?

streaming sports sucks
acc network is regular tv channel like espn u(probably with an alternate) acc network extra is the streaming opting like watch espn but acc content

It would be indefensible to include the SECN on select and put the ACCN on silver or gold. Since we are talking about Charter, anything is possible but that seems really unlikely.

I think the worse case scenario is that the ACCN replaces the SECN on select and the SECN gets relegated to silver, like the B1G. Which really isn’t bad at all. I for one could find a way to live without Paul Finebaum in my life.
i can definately see the exact switch you mentioned putting acc network in select for local market and silver outside with sec sliding up to silver

Status
Not open for further replies.