ACC Network Thread | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

ACC Network Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
it took me about 5 min of watching youtube TV at my oldest kids house to realize why I hope Directv never stops using Sats even though i Know its gonna happen someday.. Saving money to dumb down the experience just isnt worth it.
I understand your POV. There are a few compromises. However, for $50 a month I'm getting everything I need. I expect the ACCN to be added soon.

I like the ability to take my TV with me from Florida to NY. I receive all the local channels. Did you know that Directv has dropped Syracuse FOX and ABC from the lineup currently?

solohawks breaks out what some of the providers offer here: An Analysis of TV OTT Platforms

BL: there is price creep. As always do you due diligence. The nice thing with PSVue, Sling, YoutubeTV the ability to start and stop is very easy. No phone calls going through numerous hard sells to not cancel.

Last edited:
I take my Directv with me all the time. I can also directv in places where there is no cell/wireless

what does it do when there are 2-3 games on BTN/Sec network?

I just like being able to change channels and watch multiple games at once without using an APP.

I take my Directv with me all the time. I can also directv in places where there is no cell/wireless

what does it do when there are 2-3 games on BTN/Sec network?

I just like being able to change channels and watch multiple games at once without using an APP.
How much are you paying? (not a teaser rate) for that?

How do you watch Directv remotely without cell or wireless?

I don't care about multiple Big10 and SEC games so that feature isn't worth anything to me. There is no best option, IMHO for everyone.

I have a traveling dish for camping/tailgating/etc. I just take the boxes I want to use with me.

I pay around $150 but then I pay about $50+ for HBO/Cine/Show/Starz add-ons.

if i have internet i just sling it from home.

I have a traveling dish for camping/tailgating/etc. I just take the boxes I want to use with me.

I pay around $150 but then I pay about $50+ for HBO/Cine/Show/Starz add-ons.

if i have internet i just sling it from home.
Mike you are their dream consumer...I do like the traveling dish for tailgating but WiFi is becoming easier.

yup. i pay for easy.. plus in my talks with some of these companies, the streaming costs will soon be about the same anyway and then we will all be streaming for the same cost as cable and way less functionality..

i also watch about 10-20 channels more than what you can get on the streaming services and also have 5-8 feeds at the same time with the people in the house so those costs would make it not worth it on top of bad service..

but someday internet will make it to my county and things may change..

ACC Network still not available on Comcast/XFinity here in Connecticut. But I can get the other 4 Power 5 conferences.

Makes absolutely no sense.

I'm just mad theres no streaming service that offers MSG SNY and ACCN. I've looked everywhere. I really dont wanna get spectrumed.

ACC Network still not available on Comcast/XFinity here in Connecticut. But I can get the other 4 Power 5 conferences.
Makes absolutely no sense.

This is normally what they do. They did the same thing with the SEC network and didn't get it till about two weeks before the season. If they don't end up getting it then I'll end up dropping the TV side for a streaming service as we are in a crap area where it's Comcast or Comcast for our provider lol.

WinRoadGame I assume you live in the NYC Metro. I wouldn´t panic yet. I think in about 5-6 weeks you will have more clarity but maybe not total. The first game (@Liberty) is on ESPN+. I heard you can do a 7 day trial. Just sign up and cancel after the game. The next two games are on ESPN and ABC so you can buy a little more time.

Games are always played between ESPN and the carriers and sometimes it goes into the first week or two of the season.

I have YoutubeTV and get both RSNs in Florida. Not sure if YTV carries MSG, SNY and YES in NYC area but I assume it does. I expect YoutubeTV to pick up the ACC Network.

I thought that at one pt the RSN were not allowed to be shown locally in NY city area on some of these systems but that may have gone away with all the streaming stuff these days

WinRoadGame I assume you live in the NYC Metro. I wouldn´t panic yet. I think in about 5-6 weeks you will have more clarity but maybe not total. The first game (@Liberty) is on ESPN+. I heard you can do a 7 day trial. Just sign up and cancel after the game. The next two games are on ESPN and ABC so you can buy a little more time.

Games are always played between ESPN and the carriers and sometimes it goes into the first week or two of the season.

I have YoutubeTV and get both RSNs in Florida. Not sure if YTV carries MSG, SNY and YES in NYC area but I assume it does. I expect YoutubeTV to pick up the ACC Network.
Nah I live in CNY. I just wanna watch the Mets, Knicks, and have the ACCN. The only thing offering that around me is Spectrum. And I hate Spectrum!

upperdeck Have you been able to get an answer out of DirecTV about any additional cost to add the ACCN or will it be included in with ESPN or the regional sports package. I have called them and asked several times now and no one seems to know anything about this thing called the ACCN. :rolleyes:

I have heard its going to be part of the same package as the SEC/B10 network channels. But really no one has come up with a concrete answer to the question. I dont think its going to be a RSN.

I have heard its going to be part of the same package as the SEC/B10 network channels. But really no one has come up with a concrete answer to the question. I dont think its going to be a RSN.
Since I have that sports package, and never had to ask to add either the SEC or B10 channel, it would seem that the ACCN should magically appear on a channel in that 600 range.

Youtube TV is awesome for sports, I think it's the best. Plus it has locals, so no need for a separate antenna or air tv. Also has DVR free. It is $40 and it does not have HGTV, which is why we have Sling still. It's really the only channel my wife will casually watch, if they had that we would switch immediately.
we switched to youtube tv too. the only problem i'm going to have is MSG during the hockey season (sabres).

we switched to youtube tv too. the only problem i'm going to have is MSG during the hockey season (sabres).

we've had youtube tv for a few months now. i can't believe it took me so long to cut the cord and switch.

So I just received an answer from ESPN. Acc Network programming WILL NOT be available via espn+. Only through the app with provider log on. So if your provider does not have it, the app will not show it to you.

For a large portion of Syracuse area ( live on Onondaga Hill) it is The only option for internet & cable

Well, there's DirecTV. And, AT&T (who has owned it the past few years) has been spending coin on laying fiber in areas as well to enhance its internet speeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.