ACC: Not too shabby | Syracusefan.com

ACC: Not too shabby

NKR1978

Living Legend
6-7 duke gives a 10 win Cincinnati all it can handle.
7-6 Virginia Tech beats a 9 win Rutgers.
We beat wvu.
Sub 500 Georgia Tech beats USC.
FSU never threatened in the Orange Bowl.
Clemson with the big 4th quarter comeback against LSU.
Louisville demonstrated why they are an absolutely great choice for expansion with their great win and huge traveling fan base. They're such a huge upgrade over Maryland.

This could have been an even better bowl season for the ACC had UNC and Miami been eligible. Hopefully Pitt will keep it going.

Definitely pretty good for the ACC and just adds insult to injury for the Big East...except for Pitt, the other two teams leaving for the ACC won, and won convincingly...also were both underdogs...I see Louisville continuing to improve...Tough to say about SU right now with Marrone situation up in the air...If HCDM stays then SU continues its upward trend, if he leaves then I think SU, at least plateaus...

I wish we played that qb from USC instead of Barkley.

I'd love to see Pitt beat Mississippi but I'm sure the Rebels won't be up for the game if they lose.

Forgot that Pitt has yet to play...so there is the potential for all 3 teams leaving the BE going to the ACC to win!!

My gosh how is that Louisville for Maryland trade looking now? Plus now the Big 10 is getting that juggernaut and the watch the paint dry offense that is called rutgers.

My gosh how is that Louisville for Maryland trade looking now? Plus now the Big 10 is getting that juggernaut and the watch the paint dry offense that is called rutgers.

Maryland has a football team?...didn't notice...plus the Rutgers watch the paint dry offense will fit in nicely with the B1G's other watch the paint dry offenses...

6-7 duke gives a 10 win Cincinnati all it can handle.
7-6 Virginia Tech beats a 9 win Rutgers.
We beat wvu.
Sub 500 Georgia Tech beats USC.
FSU never threatened in the Orange Bowl.
Clemson with the big 4th quarter comeback against LSU.
Louisville demonstrated why they are an absolutely great choice for expansion with their great win and huge traveling fan base. They're such a huge upgrade over Maryland.

This could have been an even better bowl season for the ACC had UNC and Miami been eligible. Hopefully Pitt will keep it going.

Rutgers sucks. WVU fell apart halfway through the season. USC was without Barkley (but they were overrated this year anyways). FSU was threatened by NIU (only had a TD lead late in the 3rd). Clemson's win was the most impressive. And, Louisville proved my theory right that the Gators were overrated.

Maryland has a football team?...didn't notice...plus the Rutgers watch the paint dry offense will fit in nicely with the B1G's other watch the paint dry offenses...

There's a reason why they put those games on at 2AM...if you're having problems sleeping turn on a big 10 game...you're guaranteed to fall asleep.

There's a reason why they put those games on at 2AM...if you're having problems sleeping turn on a big 10 game...you're guaranteed to fall asleep.

Ahhh...so that is reason the B1G Network makes so much money!?! It's not from people interested in the games, it's actually for all those insominiacs/people trying/wanting to fall asleep? So acutally the B1G is doing a public service by helping those people??

the SEC was close to an implosion georgia was down in the 2nd half and SCar as well. with LSu and Fl losing what happens if Ala loses does the dominance of the SEC get questioned?

Rutgers sucks. WVU fell apart halfway through the season. USC was without Barkley (but they were overrated this year anyways). FSU was threatened by NIU (only had a TD lead late in the 3rd). Clemson's win was the most impressive. And, Louisville proved my theory right that the Gators were overrated.

Rutgers may suck but they were still a 9-3 team facing one of the worst VT teams in a long time, and still lost, WVU may have fallen apart, but it wasnt just the win but the way we won, we completely stymied their offense. FSU beat an undefeated team, and it may not have been pretty, but they still won 31-10. Louisville win was a good win, you cant just say because they won that a Florida team that went 7-1 in the SEC by the way is overrated. The better team won yesterday. I just cant get behind the idea of debunking every win except for Clemson. If that were the case we could go game by game and i will give you a reason why each team who won didnt prove a thing.

Meh..didn't you get the memo? All those teams lost because they were (ahem) "disinterested" in playing the games.
They were just humoring us with their presence...as per various media sheeple. :blah:

Rutgers may suck but they were still a 9-3 team facing one of the worst VT teams in a long time, and still lost, WVU may have fallen apart, but it wasnt just the win but the way we won, we completely stymied their offense. FSU beat an undefeated team, and it may not have been pretty, but they still won 31-10. Louisville win was a good win, you cant just say because they won that a Florida team that went 7-1 in the SEC by the way is overrated. The better team won yesterday. I just cant get behind the idea of debunking every win except for Clemson. If that were the case we could go game by game and i will give you a reason why each team who won didnt prove a thing.

Well, NIU wasn't undefeated. I'm not saying that because Florida loss to Louisville that that's why I think they're overrated. I thought that all season long. They've had a lot of close games, and trailed a few games. But, I give them props for finding a way to win. As for Syracuse, I wasn't downgrading their win. It was an impressive win. Unfortunately, it was against a WVU team that underperformed that 2nd half.

Against those teams...not really that impressive.

Even the SEC has to play those teams in conference and they get credit for beating them so why shouldn't the Big East? I admit it isn't the best of the SEC but look at Bama's SEC schedule and tell me if it was better.

Well, NIU wasn't undefeated. I'm not saying that because Florida loss to Louisville that that's why I think they're overrated. I thought that all season long. They've had a lot of close games, and trailed a few games. But, I give them props for finding a way to win. As for Syracuse, I wasn't downgrading their win. It was an impressive win. Unfortunately, it was against a WVU team that underperformed that 2nd half.
All due respect, but this smacks of alot of revisionist excuse making, IMO.
The games were played and the BEast/future ACC teams did very well.
To now attempt to diminish their accomplishments by citing caveats in hindsight, does them a disservice.

All due respect, but this smacks of alot of revisionist excuse making, IMO.
The games were played and the BEast/future ACC teams did very well.
To now attempt to diminish their accomplishments by citing caveats in hindsight, does them a disservice.

They are accomplishments...that is true. I just feel they are slightly less due to the lack of competitiveness of the opponent. So, again, i'm not knocking the win, just saying they aren't as impressive as say...Clemson or Louisville's wins.

Understood, in reading your original post it read this way.

negative, negative, negative, negative, positive, negative. It just seemed like you identified everything wrong with each loss. Not trying to nitpick just struck me as that way.

Understood, in reading your original post it read this way.

negative, negative, negative, negative, positive, negative. It just seemed like you identified everything wrong with each loss. Not trying to nitpick just struck me as that way.

I can understand that.

They are accomplishments...that is true. I just feel they are slightly less due to the lack of competitiveness of the opponent. So, again, i'm not knocking the win, just saying they aren't as impressive as say...Clemson or Louisville's wins.
so barely beating the LSU team that lost to Florida and had close games against poor teams like Auburn, Arkansas, Ole Miss and Towson State is an impressive win, but beating up a 1 loss Florida team isn't that impressive b/c they're overrated - got it

1. Were not in the ACC this year
2. I could careless what ACC teams do.

Florida 27 Louisiana-Lafayette 20 and of course in Florida and that with 2 TD's in the last 2 minutes or so for the Gators. That's the thing with the hype of the SEC, they get a lot of credit for beating good teams and games like this are deleted from the file. The SEC has very good teams but they control their situation so incredibly much and manipulate the system to the nth degree. My lord, Mississippi St was what number 11 at one time and they have beat 1 AQ team since 2000. One. Hell, anybody can lose to Bama and LSU but once in a while beat a team to earn your stripes.

It is what it is, the teams were on the schedule and they were beaten. Missouri and Arkansas on the road nonetheless.

When those 4 teams or on an SEC schedule it's considered a tough schedule.

Alabama had Arkansas (4-8), Missouri (5-7), Tennessee (5-7) and Auburn (3-9). How tough was that schedule, the Big East beat 2 of those teams on the road.