Week 0-1 ACC/FBS Games for Aug 24 - Sept 2 | Page 32 | Syracusefan.com

Week 0-1 ACC/FBS Games for Aug 24 - Sept 2

Georgia Tech runs for 190 yards on Florida State
Georgia Tech runs for 225 yards on Georgia State
Boston College runs for 263 yards on Florida State

Was it's Georgia Tech's great rushing attack or Florida State's run defense stinks?

(And does it matter if ours does too?)

Was it's Georgia Tech's great rushing attack or Florida State's run defense stinks?

I don’t think our run defense is as bad as it looked Saturday, we will soon find out though. I think our offense will put up a lot of points against Tech.

I don’t think our run defense is as bad as it looked Saturday, we will soon find out though. I think our offense will put up a lot of points against Tech.
It's really hard to tell. Most teams can run when their offensive line is allowed to hold that much. Hopefully we won't have that problem Saturday and the officials will call a clean game.

Objectively, our D looked really bad. I think it’ll be a really good coaching job if Fran and team can tighten it up against GT by this Saturday. GT IS a good rushing team. They will present a real challenge. That was true before they beat FSU and it’s still true today. It’s not impossible but perhaps improbable. I have hope regardless.

It's really hard to tell. Most teams can run when their offensive line is allowed to hold that much. Hopefully we won't have that problem Saturday and the officials will call a clean game.
Watching it at the dome I didn’t really notice the holds because I was focused on the ball carriers. I saw a few blatant holds on our pass rushers. When I watched the replay I was dumbfounded at the no calls. The long touchdown on the pitch out, Sparrow was flailing his arms up as he was being pulled towards the sidelines. I just want to see us come out and tackle well on Saturday.

DJU threw the ball 42 times. 42!!!

FSU’s total number of rushes (not counting DJU) was 8. 8!!!!!

They are a broken team.

I’m not trying to be dismissive of GT or BC. They both ran the ball on FSU. But McCord is going to seem like Brady after going against DJU and that GSU team when we roll in against GT.

Objectively, our D looked really bad. I think it’ll be a really good coaching job if Fran and team can tighten it up against GT by this Saturday. GT IS a good rushing team. They will present a real challenge. That was true before they beat FSU and it’s still true today. It’s not impossible but perhaps improbable. I have hope regardless.

Maybe having a bad game vs. the run will lead to a good one. The coaches will be on their case and the players will be determined to prove they can tackle guys - even good ones.

Penn St should have never chased BOB off. Not a fan but that team was prepared and not scared.
Didn’t he just coach 1 year when they were on probation annd should have been shut down and then bolt to Houston immediately?

Pretty sure he’s going to be linked to the Pats job as of this morning.

1725362426223.jpeg

YES!!! Indeed they are!

For a record 2nd straight week, they are #17 in the ACC.

#GONOLES!!!! :p

At best they will be last until September 21st. So they might hold the distinction of being the only ACC team to be worse than 14th in the conference's entire history.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom