ACC, PAC-12, and BIG alliance / conference realignment | Page 329 | Syracusefan.com

ACC, PAC-12, and BIG alliance / conference realignment

It’s too bad FSU got hosed but it’s a 12 school playoff next year. No one will cry for team #13.
Yup. Have said the same thing about 10 times in the last 24 hours. The powers that be are enjoying their antics and trying to sow dissension but the expanded playoff may cool things down a bit. Thank God for the GOR timeline.

I doubt they ever have more than 7 between them.

The question is will any of the other teams actually win playoff games vs the SEC so we don’t have to watch all SEC matchups in the semis and finals.

Going to 12 teams and losing a conference will make all of them happy if you have 3 legit top 10 teams they will all get in. ACC typically struggles to have more than 1 though.
I think more than 7 between the SEC and the B1G will be a somewhat regular occurrence.

But even accepting your premise, look at the math--7 from the 2 conferences, plus the G5 rep plus ND (they will make it most of the time). That's 9, which leaves 3 for the Big XII and ACC to share.

Look at this years final CFP rankings--5 SEC, 5 B1G and FSU (#12 is for the G5). Now, maybe regular season games will knock out some of the teams from the Big 2. But maybe not--both leagues will have 16 trams next year, so they don't play half of the teams in their league. The CFP committee will just love to match up 2 one-loss SEC teams that didn't play during the regular season. The same with a pair of B1G teams.

Not to mention--Oregon, Missouri, Ped St., and Ole Miss all made the top 11 this year with 2 losses.

Once the numbers 3-X in the B1G and SEC lose in the first round as they usually do in bowl games, fans will stop watching those games.

Once the numbers 3-X in the B1G and SEC lose in the first round as they usually do in bowl games, fans will stop watching those games.
But the $$ will still flow to the power 2 which what they want.

They will push to pay payers while dismantling the transfer rules even more fully. The P2 will try to be the NFL while everyone else is a minor league development league. It’s dumb and will make the sport less compelling, but the a holes behind it are not that smart

Last edited:
They will push to play payers while dismantling the transfer rules even more fully. The P2 will try to be the NFL while everyone else is a minor league development league. It’s dumb and will make the sport less compelling, but the a holes behind it are not that smart
I love this post. A chain is only as strong as its weakest link. It’s what makes the NFL awesome. Tennessee or Jacksonville can compete equally with NY or LA.

And look how much money the NFL makes. Hmmm.

Morons. This naked capitalism crap is killing our country. Don’t get me started with other examples.

I think more than 7 between the SEC and the B1G will be a somewhat regular occurrence.

But even accepting your premise, look at the math--7 from the 2 conferences, plus the G5 rep plus ND (they will make it most of the time). That's 9, which leaves 3 for the Big XII and ACC to share.

Look at this years final CFP rankings--5 SEC, 5 B1G and FSU (#12 is for the G5). Now, maybe regular season games will knock out some of the teams from the Big 2. But maybe not--both leagues will have 16 trams next year, so they don't play half of the teams in their league. The CFP committee will just love to match up 2 one-loss SEC teams that didn't play during the regular season. The same with a pair of B1G teams.

Not to mention--Oregon, Missouri, Ped St., and Ole Miss all made the top 11 this year with 2 losses.
It’s not their fault if the other teams don’t do their part. Louisville was clear cut #2 but wasn’t getting in with a CCG loss. UNC was the conferences actual second best team and collapsed.

They will probably leave SEC and B1G teams out to not have too many. Won’t matter if none can beat the SEC. It will be a problem when the final 4 is all SEC teams. How many of the 12 they get doesn’t really matter.

Look how upset the Michigan cheaters were when they learned they weren’t playing FSUs backups.

It’s not their fault if the other teams don’t do their part. Louisville was clear cut #2 but wasn’t getting in with a CCG loss. UNC was the conferences actual second best team and collapsed.

They will probably leave SEC and B1G teams out to not have too many. Won’t matter if none can beat the SEC. It will be a problem when the final 4 is all SEC teams. How many of the 12 they get doesn’t really matter.

Look how upset the Michigan cheaters were when they learned they weren’t playing FSUs backups.

Now that pay-to-play, I mean NIL, is legal, I think you will start to see the SEC dominance start to diminish. The SEC has a head start as most of their schools already had a player funding system in place, but other schools will or have already caught up.

In other news...

In And Out Sand GIF

Public bitching.

The huge caveat:

"To be clear, Florida State is not leaving the ACC in the near term but is merely weighing its options -- a difficult task that also has come with trepidation among some involved in the talks."
Translation: "Help. we want out because we are narcissists and believe that winning our conference is much less than coming in 4-10th in the SEC or B1G. Oh, we will need a little cash too, say $1BB or so..."

Not sure why MCC didn't merge and become part of the PAC12. My understanding is that the PAC12 still has an automatic bid for playoff next year. Maybe WSU and OSU want to keep that to themselves.

Not sure why MCC didn't merge and become part of the PAC12. My understanding is that the PAC12 still has an automatic bid for playoff next year. Maybe WSU and OSU want to keep that to themselves.
There are some teams in the MWC that the PAC doesn't want in a merger. I don't think they want Hawai'i or Air Force and New Mexico, Nevada, Utah State and San Jose state are maybe, maybe not.

The PAC 2 would probably take all the teams in the MWC other than Hawai'i, and Air Force and then add UTEP, New Mexico State from CUSA and UTSA and North Texas from the American. That would give them a huge Texas presence for recruiting and would make them the clear no.5 conference and give them an inside track for the G5 playoff spot.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom