ACC, PAC-12, and BIG alliance / conference realignment | Page 173 | Syracusefan.com

ACC, PAC-12, and BIG alliance / conference realignment

No way they can just add two, one of those schools is going to do back to back weekend trips to the east coast. Problem is nobody adds any value maybe do Unlv, SD state and another. ACC championship in Vegas lol

No way they can just add two, one of those schools is going to do back to back weekend trips to the east coast. Problem is nobody adds any value maybe do Unlv, SD state and another. ACC championship in Vegas lol
At this point I just want football to be its own thing. Let the other sports play actual same region teams as in the past.

Stanford, Cal and San Diego State for basketball for football and basketball only? Maybe? Brings the ACC to 18 teams. This is crazy town.

All indications were that they were trying when Colorado left, but I think at the time those schools would have rather tried to get some kind of deal, or keep looking for better options.

This whole idea of ACC plus Pac leftovers seems so dumb to me, but if you're going to do it at this point, and need travel partners for Cal/Stanford, why not model in UNLV, San Diego State at a minimum. They're at least bigger city teams. Oregon State/Washington State seem completely useless to me.
Good roadies

I think USC-UCLA was to keep up with the SEC’s Texas-Oklahoma move.

I think Oregon-Washington was a combo of brands and realizing the USC-UCLA travel logistics weren’t sustainable.
Oregon-Wash could have been defense against the ACC potentially adding a West Coast footprint. If not why it add them with USC and UCLA?

what happens in 5-7 yrs when all the TV money starts to dry up as espn becomes more streaming centric and loses 50% of its base.
they wont lose any of their base, if anything they will win some back. Cable will still carry them and the cord cutters will pay to have ESPN. There are tons of sports fans who dont have access to ESPN because they dont have a real streaming service.

oh boy I wish I shared his "obvious" sentiment
Well the B1G surprised everyone before with Rutgers. If their goal is to shore up the NE and keep the SEC out of there then it would make sense.

they wont lose any of their base, if anything they will win some back.
from who? 90% of the espn subs come from people who watch very little sports.

Even on this board which is all sports no one wants to pay for streams, they want free illegal stream links all the time.. When ESPN streaming becomes a thing, the non sports people will remove espn in droves.

then who here is paying $25 to watch espn a few games a week? they basically give espn+ away and people complain about paying for it.

oh boy I wish I shared his "obvious" sentiment

During Rutgers realignment their AD at the time (Pernetti?) said he had signed an NDA and knew in advance the change was going to happen. What if our AD knows we have a landing spot, its not an "if" its a "when".

For the record, I want to stay in the ACC as it is currently constructed.

Our best hope, TV dollars dry up before 2036, and the ACC teams realize its best to simply stay put. Without the financial incentive, there is no reason to leave.

I hope the ACC has learned that you take the real vote behind closed doors. If there’s enough votes, then everybody votes for it and it’s unanimous if there’s not you decided it’s not worth a vote at all. Cannot go through what we went through in 2003 all over again. I don’t think this is going to be a unanimous agreement among the athletic directors to add Cal and Stanford.

Is there anything left in the West? The only candidates are San Diego State, Arizona State, BYU, and Colorado. Would adding 3-4 of those schools really be worth it?

I can see the SEC staying at 16.
They can go after Big12 teams

Kansas for one

I hope the ACC has learned that you take the real vote behind closed doors. If there’s enough votes, then everybody votes for it and it’s unanimous if there’s not you decided it’s not worth a vote at all. Cannot go through what we went through in 2003 all over again. I don’t think this is going to be a unanimous agreement among the athletic directors to add Cal and Stanford.
Well said!!

I’ve been a huge proponent of adding Stanford and Cal. I would love for the ACC to also go to Notre Dame and see if they are agreeable to increasing their ACC offerings to 6 games per year (4ACC+Cal/Stanford). If Stanford and Cal were brought in each team could play 7 ACC teams, play Notre Dame, and then play each other for a total of 9 “conference” games. They would only need to play 4 conference road games per year.

I would also require that Cal/Stanford come in on a reduced annual media share of $32 million per year (Big12 payout) and give the additional $10 million/year to Florida St and Clemson.

I’ve been a huge proponent of adding Stanford and Cal. I would love for the ACC to also go to Notre Dame and see if they are agreeable to increasing their ACC offerings to 6 games per year (4ACC+Cal/Stanford). If Stanford and Cal were brought in each team could play 7 ACC teams, play Notre Dame, and then play each other for a total of 9 “conference” games. They would only need to play 4 conference road games per year.

I would also require that Cal/Stanford come in on a reduced annual media share of $32 million per year (Big12 payout) and give the additional $10 million/year to Florida St and Clemson.
F Florida State. Otherwise agree.

Eph that. Give each team in the ACC champ game 5 mil each. Make FSU put up or shut up.

Eph that. Give each team in the ACC champ game 5 mil each. Make FSU put up or shut up.
How about we ask the Saudis to pay for the ACC championship game in Riyadh and give the 2 ACC finalist $25 million

So it's heading to 24 team conferences right? Two divisions each for three conferences?

72 teams

Big Ten East and West
SEC East and West
Big 12 East and West

Winner of each division play for conference title and top two auto qualify for playoff.

Six more teams fill out remainder of playoff spots.

12 team playoff to decide NC

Conference winners get bye week

Is this where it's going?

Well the B1G surprised everyone before with Rutgers. If their goal is to shore up the NE and keep the SEC out of there then it would make sense.
Isn't there some just simple travel/proximity benefits as well? Good history football and hoops, good brand, good fanbase for travel, yadda yadda. I mean it's not like we are a horrible fit and just finding reasons.
I would be amazed if the B10 just stopped at 4 teams out west. The regular B10 schools just won't want to travel. It will be a logistical nightmare for 2 years and they will add.

I assume Oregon and Wash preferred Big (for a lot of reasons including not signing over their rights until 2036)) over ACC but we might have offered them a full share and more travel partners if we added a wash Ore Stand cal quartet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxfan516

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom