ACC, PAC-12, and BIG alliance / conference realignment | Page 192 | Syracusefan.com

ACC, PAC-12, and BIG alliance / conference realignment

Plus ++++. The SMU mascot, Puruna, (small Shetland pony) is the only mascot to kill another mascot. Puruna kicked the Fordham‘s Ram to death in the early 1900’s.
I'm not sure you know this, or even if many of the posters here know this. Syracuse was founded by Methodists and at one time, probably the 50's and 60's when both programs were strong, football guys like Kieth Jackson would humorously refer to Syracuse as Northern Methodist.

Which state has larger population, Texas or Connecticut ?

tenor-358060472.gif

Hard to keep up with this thread, but in case this wasn't posted: The Pac12 was intending to add SDSU and SMU before they broke up. I suspect Stanford suggested to the ACC to take SMU with them.

Anyway, check out this explanation of what happened on Friday. Quite amazing why it fell apart in hours.

That is awkward.

That may be enough to sink expansion. FSU and Clem, Miami with likely till us to get boned. I get the complaints.

FSU has no reason to get all huffy. A program who’s done almost nothing in 10 years has run a truck over its conference for attention it doesn’t even deserve.

FSU has no reason to get all huffy. A program who’s done almost nothing in 10 years has run a truck over its conference for attention it doesn’t even deserve.
Yeah, but I get that Clemson saying wth dude? But FSU is always unhappy.

That is awkward.

That may be enough to sink expansion. FSU and Clem, Miami with likely till us to get boned. I get the complaints.
Conspiracy Theory: Notre Dame may be willing to join a conference to spite the B1G. Then they may bring along a few friends making the ACC the "IT" conference.

O.K. I don't believe it, either, but it is enough to start a great internet rumor.

Conspiracy Theory: Notre Dame may be willing to join a conference to spite the B1G. Then they may bring along a few friends making the ACC the "IT" conference.

O.K. I don't believe it, either, but it is enough to start a great internet rumor.
the 1 % chance ND would ever join a conference would involve adding current non conference opponents as conference opponents so they would still be able to schedule there national schedule

Yeah, not happening, but better than some conspiracies

We're doing this to stabilize the ACC and our home. We need the ACC for independence. But with this leak it may be a roadblock, since ND is the one pushing it.

Forget Stanford and Cal. The ACC should look to the Big 12. Kansas, Oklahoma State, Cincy and West Virginia. The travel isn't insane either; a flight from Stillwater to Raleigh is 2.5 hours.

If they wanted to get into Texas they could look at Baylor or the others; Houston, Texas Tech, TCU.

Good mix of football and basketball in mostly good markets and there's value in that. Doesn't prevent the inevitable breakup but it's better than nothing.
How do you propose to do that? The ACC GOR was based on the B 12 GOR so nobody is going anywhere.

the big will get a short-term bump. The ACC will get constant bumps for the next 13 years. We will be a solid third place no doubt about that long term.
Big 2029, Big 12 2031, SEC 2034.
The bubble will burst, and all 3 conferences will be scrambling to plug the money holes with their new contracts for less money.

The Cardinal are hoping to have an answer from the ACC 'by the end of the week,' according to a new report

I would like to know Kate Beckinsale's intention to me in the next week also. Although, I'm pretty sure I know it.

And at the same time in all of this, anything can happen. Do I think it will, no. Will it surprise me, no. ND is in the unique position it can slight a conference just because it can. They don’t need B10 or SEC $. Maybe they’re willing to do enough to keep the ACC stabilized because it’s the conference that suits them best.

Something that has been very quiet. ND’s contract expires after the 2025 season. It’s been awfully quiet since the Big 10 signed a partial deal with NBC. Reports are indicating ND wants 60-75 million a year. ND is highly coveted, I understand that. Just be interesting to see what route they pursue or who pursues them. I’m sure they will have a lot of streaming options. But to me, ND seems like a program that wants to be front and center on a national stage. Not hidden on a pay for stream service.

Just wonder if they get the offers they expect.

You should hear the FSU fans on YouTube

Bunch of spoiled, entitled and ignorant jerks

I am definately not an insider, im saying though down the road if ND ever did agree to stop being independent Navy would likely be an additional team, joining
Navy can barely hang in the non P5. I never understood adding them to the ACC

Something that has been very quiet. ND’s contract expires after the 2025 season. It’s been awfully quiet since the Big 10 signed a partial deal with NBC. Reports are indicating ND wants 60-75 million a year. ND is highly coveted, I understand that. Just be interesting to see what route they pursue or who pursues them. I’m sure they will have a lot of streaming options. But to me, ND seems like a program that wants to be front and center on a national stage. Not hidden on a pay for stream service.

Just wonder if they get the offers they expect.

And Notre Dame's new AD, Pete Bevacqua, used to run NBC Sports.

I don't think anyone at ND is worried.

Are you saying Navy to the ACC is imminent…
Army Navy SMU UNLV SDSU Cal Stanford Tulane Memphis Boise St App State ECU Air Force UConn

28 team conference with four divisions of seven

Miami, FSU, GaTech, App State, Clemson, NC State, UNC

Wake, Virginia, Duke, VaTech, Louisville, Memphis, Tulane

Pitt, Army, Navy, BC, Syracuse, ECU, UConn

Stanford, Cal, SMU, Air Force, Boise State, SDSU, UNLV

I'm not sure you know this, or even if many of the posters here know this. Syracuse was founded by Methodists and at one time, probably the 50's and 60's when both programs were strong, football guys like Kieth Jackson would humorously refer to Syracuse as Northern Methodist.
Who Nellie we got ourselves a methodist

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom