ACC, PAC-12, and BIG alliance / conference realignment | Page 269 | Syracusefan.com

ACC, PAC-12, and BIG alliance / conference realignment

Our insiders seem to be hinting that Clemson and FSU will leave the conference by summer of next year at the latest...
And what conference do they think will offer them? Neither the B18 nor the SEC will risk a lawsuit. Also the share in either will be less than they can get in the ACC. So if they want to pay $1B to be Indy, please do as that makes us rich.

Our insiders seem to be hinting that Clemson and FSU will leave the conference by summer of next year at the latest...

At the latest?

The other option would be for this year then?

Cut the check to leave, get the routing number and bank account number for the media rights to go into the right bank account and pack up your stuff.

Or, you can get entangled in litigation that will be costly and last a long time and will include politicians.

I like Clemson. Like their fans. Like the program. Love the chatter here with them. Truly. Great people.

And all of this may happen, and I may be wrong, but anyone saying they are gone by latest next summer is either the booster fronting the gajillions to do the pay out and float the program while the GOR is intact, or it's just kicking and screaming.

And what conference do they think will offer them? Neither the B18 nor the SEC will risk a lawsuit. Also the share in either will be less than they can get in the ACC. So if they want to pay $1B to be Indy, please do as that makes us rich.
She don't want to be with you anymore, let her go Joe.

Where’s FSU going to get the $ to do that?
I'll put 2 + 2 together for you. They'll give their vote for Stanford and Sons if they can buy out for a reasonable sum. Capiche.

Lol. We now have armchair expert posters weighing in on speculative financials and confidently asserting that the deal shouldn’t be made. Why don’t you leave the details to the professionals and the people running the conference who actually have all the particulars and knowledge of the deal to add these three teams?
First of all certainly not an expert poster on this topic, I am a poster who can read what experts have wrote and also can do basic math, you must struggle with that.

It's been previously reported in this thread that the per subscriber charge for the ACCN is higher in a state with an ACC team. Given the current state of cable TV, however, ESPN may only be able to get that in the Bay & Dallas areas rather than the whole states of California & Texas. I'd think some of greater revenue generated by the ACCN would benefit the ACC schools.
I should point out that streaming is big in those areas with high speed broadband which is not available in large parts of USA. Cable won't be around forever but it be strong for many years to come.

"The reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated." - Mark Twain

Is that a new piece of data? In all these pages of posts I don't believe I had heard that going below a specific number of teams could trigger a reduction in the annual fee. Certainly at the end of contract, a Clemson departure with others would be understood to have a value impact. In flight going below 15 is new to me. I think. :p

Are they hinting where to ?

I'll put 2 + 2 together for you. They'll give their vote for Stanford and Sons if they can buy out for a reasonable sum. Capiche.
why would the ACC ever agree to that? You never relent because you're in the position of strength. Your argument to FSU and Clemson is: You vote yes and get 5M extra or vote no and get nothing

I'm wondering who owns the GOR. Is it the ACC or did they sell that to ESPN? If ESPN owns the rights, and the SEC is an ESPN property, then they, FSU and Clemson, don't have to buy them back. A lot of moving parts.

Interesting. Is the belief predicated on a new approach not necessarily being discussed? Certainly if they want to cut big checks that's one path. They can try litigation but I don't think that is something to hang out hope for, so what is the premise?
There hasn't been any talk about how it's even going to be resolved. I'm just not sure how it can be pulled off with out bankrupting both schools...

why would the ACC ever agree to that? You never relent because you're in the position of strength. Your argument to FSU and Clemson is: You vote yes and get 5M extra or vote no and get nothing
It appears more complicated than that.

It appears more complicated than that.
Its really not though, Unless there is a massive loophole in the supreme court affirmed document this grant of rights is based off of, then they are not going anywhere. Negotiating with them on this is a terrible idea.

Don’t let the door hit you on the way out!
download.jpg

There hasn't been any talk about how it's even going to be resolved. I'm just not sure how it can be pulled off with out bankrupting both schools...

You can ask Stanford, and its $40bn endowment, for a loan, perhaps...

JK JK...

I just needed to get that out of my system. Sorry. I enjoy your posts... but couldn't hold that back.

I'm wondering who owns the GOR. Is it the ACC or did they sell that to ESPN? If ESPN owns the rights, and the SEC is an ESPN property, then they, FSU and Clemson, don't have to buy them back. A lot of moving parts.

LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom