ACC Schedule coming: Jan 31, 7 PM | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

ACC Schedule coming: Jan 31, 7 PM

We play 6 teams that are in at least one way too early Top 25 ranking.

We play two consensus Top 10 teams (ND and Clemson), 3 consensus Top 20 teams (NC State, Wake and Pitt) and Purdue was mentioned in one poll at 24.

These polls are fun to look at but should be taken with a grain of salt as no one has seen any of the teams with all of their new players and coaches in action.

Keep in mind, we should be improved, but most every other team on our schedule has also improved.

Enjoy the ride.
Agree the rankings out now are pretty junky. Even the real polls that come out as the season starts are only decent at predicting where teams where end up. And all the turnover the new era has created just makes this harder to do than ever. You know there is going to be another wave of transfers after spring ball, when starters have been determined and the losers look for greener pastures elsewhere.

If you count the one poll that has BC in the top 25, there are 7 teams ranked in some early ranking. Even if HRE is right and that guy is a crackhead, the experts at ACCN predicted BC would finish the 2022 regular season at 9-3. If they do, they might end up ranked.

Personally, I would put NC State ahead of Wake in these rankings. I would put NC State ahead of ND too.

Their defense was really good and they are going to get better. They had several injuries to really good players and still were dominant. That Payton Wilson kid at LB might be the best defender in college football before he is done.

Would be really surprised if Wake, NC State, Clemson or ND did not finish in the top 20. Hoping Pitt drops down after losing Pickett, but Addison is even better than Flowers. Not sold on their running game, or whoever ends up at QB and they took a downgrade with their new OC. I think their defense is going to be good. They have a lot of talent, especially on the DL. They might end up out of the top 25. But I like having them around #23.

I don’t get the BC love. Our defense was better last year and should be even better his year. Their offense is nothing to write home about. Juric isn’t the next coming. This is a team That doesn’t scare me next year.

I don’t get the BC love. Our defense was better last year and should be even better his year. Their offense is nothing to write home about. Juric isn’t the next coming. This is a team That doesn’t scare me next year.

They are the same team every year. In the Dino era BC's ACC W% and Sagarin rank:

2016 .250 62nd
2017 .500 36th
2018 .500 38th
2019 .500 66th
2020 .500 66th
2021 .250 78th

A good HC typically has a 3rd year bump. Even so how are they going from outside the Top 60 to Top 25?

They are the same team every year. In the Dino era BC's ACC W% and Sagarin rank:

2016 .250 62nd
2017 .500 36th
2018 .500 38th
2019 .500 66th
2020 .500 66th
2021 .250 78th

A good HC typically has a 3rd year bump. Even so how are they going from outside the Top 60 to Top 25?
I don't think they are a top 25 team but their schedule is quite a bit easier than ours.

Remember, Jurk got hurt and they lost a few games they surely would have won otherwise. One was against us.

If he stays healthy all season, they have a great chance to get 7 or 8 wins.

We play them at a good time, right after they play NC State and ND.

Of course, we will be coming off a stretch where 4 of the last 5 weeks we will have played probable top 25 teams.

I think both teams will be beat up and a mess.

Saturday
Sep. 3
Rutgers Scarlet KnightsAlumni Stadium, Chestnut Hill, MATime TBA ETTV TBA
Saturday
Sep. 10
at Virginia Tech HokiesLane Stadium, Blacksburg, VATime TBA ETTV TBA
Saturday
Sep. 17
Maine Black BearsAlumni Stadium, Chestnut Hill, MATime TBA ETTV TBA
Saturday
Sep. 24
at Florida State SeminolesDoak Campbell Stadium, Tallahassee, FLTime TBA ETTV TBA
Saturday
Oct. 1
Louisville CardinalsAlumni Stadium, Chestnut Hill, MATime TBA ETTV TBA
Saturday
Oct. 8
Clemson TigersAlumni Stadium, Chestnut Hill, MATime TBA ETTV TBA
Saturday
Oct. 15
OFF
Saturday
Oct. 22
at Wake Forest Demon DeaconsTruist Field, Winston-Salem, NCTime TBA ETTV TBA
Saturday
Oct. 29
at UConn HuskiesRentschler Field, East Hartford, CTTime TBA ETTV TBABuy Tickets
Friday
Nov. 4
Duke Blue DevilsAlumni Stadium, Chestnut Hill, MATime TBA ETTV TBA
Saturday
Nov. 12
at NC State WolfpackCarter-Finley Stadium, Raleigh, NCTime TBA ETTV TBA
Saturday
Nov. 19
at Notre Dame Fighting IrishNotre Dame Stadium, Notre Dame, INTime TBA ETTV TBABuy Tickets
Saturday
Nov. 26
Syracuse Orange Football ScheduleSyracuse OrangeAlumni Stadium, Chestnut Hill, MATime TBA ETTV TBA

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom