ACC Schedule coming: Jan 31, 7 PM | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

ACC Schedule coming: Jan 31, 7 PM

After the way they pasted us last year. having Louisville game 1 should hopefully be a good motivator for our guys this offseason.
they also pasted us the year before

I don’t get the ACC schedule makers. No team should ever have 3 of 4 on the road. Yet it always happens. Seems like we end every year that way. The end of the season we are running on fumes, too hard to expect road wins.
im convinced since the Dome hosts basketball too they try to make us end with more road games on purpose in November

Brutal Schedule, I want tot think on year 7 a coach should be able to go to at least two bowl games, but where is there 6 wins on this schedule? Wagner, UConn, I can see us beating Boston College and Virginia but after that?
They were 5-4 going into the bye with three last play losses. It’s not like they were non competitive. To that point the team was statistically just a notch below the 2012 and 2018 teams. The only unit they have significant losses is on the DL.

the roster is better than it was at the end of the year. Very favorable front end, Need to close better

Agreed, hate to go overboard but if SU gets dusted again by Lville in week 1, I think its almost a lock the seasons in major trouble. The back half of the schedule is brutal, its not hyperbole that SU could win 1 game after the bye. Perhaps with the new coaches and an offense that can hopefully find some semblance of a passing game we can muscle 6 wins. However, at first glance this has 4-8 or 5-7 written all over it. Not sure even Wildhack can sell what's left of the fanbase on bringing back a coach whose had 6 losing seasons in 7 years.
They should just cancel the season right now

We played at Purdue and did not get a home game in return in the early 2000s. Still made about that scheduling snafu.
Yes we did…. we got Cincy at home that same season. ;)

If we go 4-4 to start the year it will be a pretty good job by Dino. Then we have 3 of 4 on the road to end the year which will make 6 Ws hard to reach. Really need a 5-1 start if we want a good shot at a Bowl.

Stinks that we scheduled 2 OOC P5 games. Could keep this team out of a Bowl. We have 5 toss ups at home and only 3 on the road. No reason why we cannot go 4-4 in those games. The problem is we likely will need to win a road game in November to do it. And hopefully FSU has fired their HC by the time we play them.

Dino's back because SU didn't want to pay the buyout, full stop. All those scenarios you outlined makes sense if it was year 3 or 4 or maybe 5 but not year 7. In year 7 you need wins not more moral victories and excuses. If the top 3 on the QB depth chart get hurt week 1 and 2 then yes there are extenuating circumstances but other then that we need actual Wins. Good luck on selling the fanbase on year 8 of Dino if were 4-8 or worse, its simply not going to work in the 2022 D1 football landscape.
Ok - and? If you want to take ADJW at his word or believe he’s avoiding the buyout - it doesn’t matter. We have another year and the moves have been positive.

I just hate to sully a fun night where with “if x happens, fans will be unhappy” … lots of time to be negative if it goes how you think. Lots of mud to wallow in.

They should just cancel the season right now

Ya I mean it's craziness to predict 5-7 or 4-8, it's not like the first six years were 4-8, 4-8, 10-3, 5-7, 1-11 and 5-7. Dino has also shown a master ability to make the correct calls late and is good with timeout and clock management so close games will definitely favor SU with this tough schedule.

Ok - and? If you want to take ADJW at his word or believe he’s avoiding the buyout - it doesn’t matter. We have another year and the moves have been positive.

I just hate to sully a fun night where with “if x happens, fans will be unhappy” … lots of time to be negative if it goes how you think. Lots of mud to wallow in.

Yes we have Babers for another year and we're trying to find six wins in a tough schedule. My point was I don't see him surviving if SUs worse then 5-7, perhaps you disagree and that's fine but it's not crazy to try and predict the w/l record the day the schedule drops.

The ACC really screws teams over with this unbalanced schedules. Not a picking on SU thing, just inept league wide.

Louisville- they do have a new OC and won't have tape on our new O. It might help us.

UConn- they stink but they will have 2 games under their belt and we could be banged up or deflated or over joyed which makes us vulnerable.

Purdue- really hope they beat Penn State because Penn State sucks and that will make Purdue ranked for our game.

UVA- having a new HC could be helpful but they also could be 3-0. We have an advantage with the staff knowing their strengths and weaknesses.

Wagner- need to be at least 2-2 at this point. Wagner and the Bye will help fix any issues going into a rough stretch.

NC State- normally 2 weeks to prep for a game like this is a good thing, Just don't look at Dino's history after a bye week.

Clemson- just want to come out healthy

Notre Dame- hopefully their new HC isn't very good. Otherwise see Clemson.

Pitt- they over scheduled OOC. Plus they have 2 road games before our game so they might be on a low. ACC did them no favors getting a 3 out of 4 ACC road stretch with us sandwiched in between.

FSU- hopefully they are on a low after playing Miami the week before. They may very well fire their HC after the Miami game.

Wake- not that it matters but we are the only non North Carolina game in their last 4 games. They don't leave the state in November.

BC- I thought our schedule was unbalanced. BC has 4 out of 5 on the road before our game. Could help as they should be on a low.

This is a night for excitement, to plan for the upcoming season and start scheduling accordingly. We just got a bunch of information today on what is a long off season. We should be happy, I’m convinced this team can play with anyone in our conference when healthy. And we’re looking even better now. I don’t care how the schedule is arranged.

We need to beat one of Louisville, Purdue, NC State if we want to make a Bowl. Can't be 3-3 heading into a likely 3-5.

It will be highly disappointing if we lose to any of UConn, UVA, Wagner, FSU, BC.

We need to beat one of Louisville, Purdue, NC State if we want to make a Bowl. Can't be 3-3 heading into a likely 3-5.

It will be highly disappointing if we lose to any of UConn, UVA, Wagner, FSU, BC.

Honestly 3-2 against those 5 would probably be a good outcome. We have 1 win against FSU the last 50 years and just find away to lose to them even when theie way down. Uconn and Wagner should both be easy wins, BC and UVA will be toss up at best

5 of first 6 at home. Gonna know early if the off season hype is matched in reality on the field. Have to own the first 6 or its gonna be the same old stuff for Dino and Company.

Hope springs eternal.

Honestly 3-2 against those 5 would probably be a good outcome. We have 1 win against FSU the last 50 years and just find away to lose to them even when theie way down. Uconn and Wagner should both be easy wins, BC and UVA will be toss up at best
Best returning Rb, top three secondary and lb units in the conference, top 5 starting ol if bleich is heathy.

this team has some strengths to build on.

Best returning Rb, top three secondary and lb units in the conference, top 5 starting ol if bleich is heathy.

this team has some strengths to build on.

Yes it does though Bleich is no where close to healthy, I wouldn't count on much from him if anything.

RB and Secondary are the top 2 units. LB is good but not sure there top 3 good but their a strength for sure.

Major issues or question marks at DL, WR and TE. Still very little QB Depth and huge concerns over Shraders ability to actually pass the ball. If Shrader isn't improved there and the DL doesn't get some more help its gonna be major struggle to get to .500.

Dino's back because SU didn't want to pay the buyout, full stop. All those scenarios you outlined makes sense if it was year 3 or 4 or maybe 5 but not year 7. In year 7 you need wins not more moral victories and excuses. If the top 3 on the QB depth chart get hurt week 1 and 2 then yes there are extenuating circumstances but other then that we need actual Wins. Good luck on selling the fanbase on year 8 of Dino if were 4-8 or worse, its simply not going to work in the 2022 D1 football landscape.
But Wildhack also provided the money to invest in and upgrade the coaching staff. He isn’t going to be quick throwing that all away.

FSU is awful. UVA is mediocre. There is no reason to lose to either at home for a mediocre SU team. We are better than BC, gotta find a way to win that in a game that could be for a Bowl and mean nothing for them. We CAN lose to 4 of those 5 teams but we SHOULDN'T. If we go 3-2 against those teams we are looking at 3-9 this year. We are a better team than that. This should be Dino's 2nd best team.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RSmith

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom