ACC schedule released | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

ACC schedule released

Better weekend home games for the out-of-towners -- UVA and ND, and neither is a Nooner!! Last year there were ZERO big games on the weekend that did not begin at Noon. (even Clemson is a 2pm Sat game, that should be decent as well, especially with it being the last game).

ACC sked - 8-1 when UVa comes to town, is what I think he is saying.

Well, he's EXTREMELY optimistic. I'd sign up for 4 or 5 ACC wins going into the UVA game.

Better weekend home games for the out-of-towners -- UVA and ND, and neither is a Nooner!! Last year there were ZERO big games on the weekend that did not begin at Noon. (even Clemson is a 2pm Sat game, that should be decent as well, especially with it being the last game).
Yes, Lays out much, much better for west coast game watches. Those nooners were killers last year.

Home schedule is not good - weekend games don't move the needle other than ND. That said, I think if we can build some pre-season momentum in non-conference (and frankly there may not be definite wins but I only see 1 definite loss), and if we can hold serve early against VA Tech on New Years Eve.... I think we are in the mix for a bid. I do like that we have some chances to make noise at the end of the year - whether we do or not....we shall see.

And 6p.m. Conference game New Years Eve? Great...

Yeah, hope they enjoy 16,000 in the house for that barn-burner. Va Tech at that time, sounds like a Carrier Classic game. Ugh.

no January Saturday home games = bad for football recruiting. The UVA game will be 3 days before signing day.

Unless they try to schedule visits for the Notre Dame game with no students in town, which might be worse than not hosting recruits at all.

no January Saturday home games = bad for football recruiting. The UVA game will be 3 days before signing day.
A snarky, smack-talking troll would post, "After they see the UVa game they won't want to sign anyway." But, because I do everything I can to avoid being a snarky, smack-talking troll while I'm here, I won't post anything like that and just point out that a snarky, smack-talking troll would post something like that. ;)

thinking about going to the duke game and seeing a game at cameron for first time. anyone make the drive from ny/nj area??

You're driving to Durham?

Got to go 11-2 to start the season, which is doable (11-2).
Got to beat Pitt and BC 2x and split UVA, which is manageable (16-2, 4-1 ACC).
Remaining home games: VT, ND, Wake NCSt, UNC, Clemson. Got to win 4 here (20-4, 8-3 ACC)
Remaining road games: Wake, FSU, GT, L'ville, Miami, Duke. Got to win 1, gonna be tough but FSU is down(21-10, 9-9 ACC)
ACC Tourney: Need to win that first game and I think we are on the inside of that bubble.

Obviously there are a ton of variables to take into consideration, who you beat, who you lose to, bubble strength, conference RPI, etc.

Hope springs eternal. LGO!

Yep

And 6p.m. Conference game New Years Eve? Great...
I like the Sunday, New Years Eve game. Most people are off on Monday and if you are going to a party you can go afterwards. Or you can go to Armory Square or a million other places. The one I don't like is February 14th. 9 pm game on a Wednesday. That's like a triple whammy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom