ACC schedule | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

ACC schedule

only thing is we wouldnt want an open date week 3 without even playing a home game yet that would suck. I guess tho if week 3 was a home ACC game it would work...

as of today, the plan is for week 3 to be an ooc game at home. no idea on who or if it could change if someone says no.

Am I the only one that doesn't understand this FSU-Pitt obsession on Labor Day? It's not like it was ever some rivalry, or ever will be. They'll play once every 6 years. And it's not like Pitt is supposed to be all that good. Looks like another 6 win team on paper.
It is a contractual game IIRC...ACC has a Labor Day Weekend Slot.

Problem is a 1AA game is not going to enhance SOS...and that is what this is all about. FSU doesnt want to play teams with low SOS nor should anyone with NCS title hopes...'time for Cuse to step up to the goal line--sort of speak.

sometimes you have to schedule down based on who you have coming back.also next yr we would probably want 6 games in the carrier dome currently 5 are scheduled 4 acc villanova game as 5th so with last 2 games to schedule we can go 1 home 1 away

Problem is a 1AA game is not going to enhance SOS...and that is what this is all about. FSU doesnt want to play teams with low SOS nor should anyone with NCS title hopes...'time for Cuse to step up to the goal line--sort of speak.

sometimes you have to schedule down based on who you have coming back.also next yr we would probably want 6 games in the carrier dome currently 5 are scheduled 4 acc villanova game as 5th so with last 2 games to schedule we can go 1 home 1 away

Anyone who worries about SU's OOC strength of schedule doesn't pay too much attention to SU.

We have 2 good Big 10 teams on our schedule, it's fine.

If FSU is that worried about SOS then perhaps they shouldn't play Wofford.

It is a contractual game IIRC...ACC has a Labor Day Weekend Slot.

Ok but if Pitt has an obligation to play another game and it's not that easy to move, then move on to another team.

And to alsacs' point, that seems kind of risky. FSU tends to blow opponents out early on, you want to risk your first game being your red carpet debut of your new team losing by 5 TDs? I'd rather have FSU blow out an existing member of the league.

It's a somewhat interesting matchup, but I wouldn't go overboard trying to set it up..

Anyone who worries about SU's OOC strength of schedule doesn't pay too much attention to SU.

We have 2 good Big 10 teams on our schedule, it's fine.

If FSU is that worried about SOS then perhaps they shouldn't play Wofford.

Plus we really don't need to worry about SOS right now...worry about that when we are a consensus preseason Top 15 pick...I just want wins and momentum.

Ok but if Pitt has an obligation to play another game and it's not that easy to move, then move on to another team.

And to alsacs' point, that seems kind of risky. FSU tends to blow opponents out early on, you want to risk your first game being your red carpet debut of your new team losing by 5 TDs? I'd rather have FSU blow out an existing member of the league.

It's a somewhat interesting matchup, but I wouldn't go overboard trying to set it up..

i have figured out the perfect way to clear this pitt/nova and us adding our last OOC game.

pitt/nova is having a hard time moving there game because nova 's only open date is 9/14 which pitt has already booked for another game since 9/14 non conference game works for us we play nova on 9/14(moving our rumored game up a year). pitt schedules some other fcs team/wku for any open date they have.

we officailly the last team to fill its last non conference date as of now as duke/troy is set for 9/28 according to nc state board

That could work since our 9/14 game will be an OOC FCS game in the Dome.

Sent using my Commodore 64

i have figured out the perfect way to clear this pitt/nova and us adding our last OOC game.

pitt/nova is having a hard time moving there game because nova 's only open date is 9/14 which pitt has already booked for another game since 9/14 non conference game works for us we play nova on 9/14(moving our rumored game up a year). pitt schedules some other fcs team/wku for any open date they have.

we officailly the last team to fill its last non conference date as of now as duke/troy is set for 9/28 according to nc state board

Really, really...finally, someone with a brain and able to think outside the box...now send a note to Frazier...help the looser out!

We play Penn State and Northwestern.

SOS, doesnt mean shlit unless you are 1 of the, ill say 8, best teams in the country and you want to make the F4.

so thats not something the Orange have to concern themselves with.

getting to 7 or even 6Ws? yeah, thats a concern.

Another option: we grab Pitt's 9/14 opponent New Mexico. We get a home game versus a beatable MWC school, Pitt has an open slot (9/14) for Nova to move into, FSU/Pitt can happen on Labor Day weekend and finally Nova can move a conference game into the Aug 31st slot if desired.

SOS, doesnt mean shlit unless you are 1 of the, ill say 8, best teams in the country and you want to make the F4.

so thats not something the Orange have to concern themselves with.

getting to 7 or even 6Ws? yeah, thats a concern.

But FSU will be upset because our SOS hurts their chances at a National Championship.

Never you mind their Wofford, Nevada, Idaho trifecta out of conference, or their ability to choke in any big game. We need to help them or they'll abandon this league and go fetch grapes for Texas.

But FSU will be upset because our SOS hurts their chances at a National Championship.

Never you mind their Wofford, Nevada, Idaho trifecta out of conference, or their ability to choke in any big game. We need to help them or they'll abandon this league and go fetch grapes for Texas.

Let's not forget the fact that FSU has to get by Wake Forest and NCState before they can be considered for the NC Game. Seriously, FSU's SOS does not come into play unless they win out, which has been the real issue the last decade or so for FSU.

Another option: we grab Pitt's 9/14 opponent New Mexico. We get a home game versus a beatable MWC school, Pitt has an open slot (9/14) for Nova to move into, FSU/Pitt can happen on Labor Day weekend and finally Nova can move a conference game into the Aug 31st slot if desired.

Wonder if these are the scenarios being worked on thus causing the delays in schedule announcements?

It's gotta be.. No way were this slow in figuring this out.. For our sake hope it is wouldn't mind a team like New Mexico instead of fcs and if it home opener little easier to get up for even tho I treat every game like its the sugar bowl

Really, really...finally, someone with a brain and able to think outside the box...now send a note to Frazier...help the looser out!

i dont even know how to contact frazier if i wanted too.

also looked on an fcs scheduling site to see what dates teams have open its shameful that some fcs conferences have there schedule with dates and we dont

i dont even know how to contact frazier if i wanted too.

also looked on an fcs scheduling site to see what dates teams have open its shameful that some fcs conferences have there schedule with dates and we dont

I don't think posting email addresses on this site is a good idea, but it's just a quick search on the SU online directory and you can find his email address.

I don't care how it gets done but get it done and get it done quickly.

If you want to go simple, Western Kentucky has an open date for September 14th. They need a 12th opponent and have an open date for 9/14.

Why not just schedule a game with them?

They open with a home game against Kentucky and face Tennessee on the road on September 7th, so they should be pretty banged up and shell shocked for us, should
we choose to pull the trigger.

My guess is that they will want a home and home and Syracuse, rightly so, doesn't want to do that. I hope they are already at work on 2014. Being the last program to complete its schedule for yet another year would really be bad.

I don't care how it gets done but get it done and get it done quickly.

If you want to go simple, Western Kentucky has an open date for September 14th. They need a 12th opponent and have an open date for 9/14.

Why not just schedule a game with them?

They open with a home game against Kentucky and face Tennessee on the road on September 7th, so they should be pretty banged up and shell shocked for us, should
we choose to pull the trigger.

My guess is that they will want a home and home and Syracuse, rightly so, doesn't want to do that. I hope they are already at work on 2014. Being the last program to complete its schedule for yet another year would really be bad.

I keep hearing that our ACC opener is Clemson in the Dome on 9/14.

I keep hearing that our ACC opener is Clemson in the Dome on 9/14.

I can't find it online but the local radio guys in South Carolina just read off the whole Clemson schedule for 2013...with 9/14 at Syracuse

I can't find it online but the local radio guys in South Carolina just read off the whole Clemson schedule for 2013...with 9/14 at Syracuse
Did they preface it with a source?

if were playing clemson on 9/14 then 9/28 better be fcs team or bye week