Acc Teams using the Transfer Portal to recruit | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Acc Teams using the Transfer Portal to recruit

GT is not the only school hitting the portal hard. Just one example.
What's your point? Dino is making $4 million a year to run the program the way he wants to, for better or for worse.

how many kids did GT already have a relationship with too.. a couple of those kids were on GTs list before they went somewhere the first time. GT only had 18 so they have room for 7 which means they have more wiggle to take kids.

how many kids did GT already have a relationship with too.. a couple of those kids were on GTs list before they went somewhere the first time. GT only had 18 so they have room for 7 which means they have more wiggle to take kids.
Collins is also trying to build a team that doesn't run the Triple, which is the roster he inherited. Transfers expedite the process. We're not in the same position.

There are two numbers you always have to keep in mind in this pound the portal discussion...25 and 85. It doesn't matter how many kids are in the portal if you can't stay within those numbers.

Right now potentially 63 returnees and 21 commits in the 2021 class.
Whats the # of 4 available some are referencing? Assumptions?

Should we have a bunch that do chose to transfer, it seems the portal will be loaded. If only it didn't take a year and 4 games to learn the offense...lol

Whats the # of 4 available some are referencing? Assumptions?

Should we have a bunch that do chose to transfer, it seems the portal will be loaded. If only it didn't take a year and 4 games to learn the offense...lol

This - "Right now potentially 63 returnees and 21 commits in the 2021 class."

You can only sign 25 kids per academic year. Including transfers. 25 - 21 commits = 4 available spots

This - "Right now potentially 63 returnees and 21 commits in the 2021 class."

You can only sign 25 kids per academic year. Including transfers. 25 - 21 commits = 4 available spots
Yes...but you can't go over 85 total.

What's your point? Dino is making $4 million a year to run the program the way he wants to, for better or for worse.
My point is this team has decencies at certain position and need instant upgrades. Other schools are addressing there’s. DB is going to run the program but if he wants to stay the coach long term he needs to compete.

You cherry picked one example, leaving out the small detail that all 4 kids are transferring back home to the State's little brother.
What about the DT Duke just picked up from ND. 6’3 310. Would have been a nice addition. I can list other acc teams but my point was GT is not the only one getting players now.

My point is this team has decencies at certain position and need instant upgrades. Other schools are addressing there’s.
Again, like recruiting, there are no guarantees in the transfer market, especially for us non-blue chip folk. Worrying about everyone else's off-season isn't worth the effort.

i was going to include that detail except you can be over 85 this year if I understand correctly ;-)
Only if a 2cnd Sr... where are we at without second seniors? Annnnnd... if a 2cnd sr leaves, can you replace with a 2cnd sr, if it goes over 85? In other words, when they leave thats it for that spot, right? A staying 2cnd sr. Is a bonus, that can't be replaced, if correct. Makes losing Hackett hurt even more.

Only if a 2cnd Sr... where are we at without second seniors? Annnnnd... if a 2cnd sr leaves, can you replace with a 2cnd sr, if it goes over 85? In other words, when they leave thats it for that spot, right? A staying 2cnd sr. Is a bonus, that can't be replaced, if correct. Makes losing Hackett hurt more.

Forget the 85 this year, with or without the Seniors we're in the same spot. We can definitely fill 4 spots.

I'm going to guess 1 - 3 more than that based on the the backdating of prior classes. I don't have the exact numbers.

Forget the 85 this year, with or without the Seniors we're in the same spot. We can definitely fill 4 spots.

I'm going to guess 1 - 3 more than that based on the the backdating of prior classes. I don't have the exact numbers.
Ok. Thanks. What about a team that has a large # of guys leaving. Example -> kstate has 11? In the portal, 17 coming in. They screwed once they hit 25, even if not at 85? And can't backdate? Gray shirts?

Ok. Thanks. What about a team that has a large # of guys leaving. Example -> kstate has 11? In the portal, 17 coming in. They screwed once they hit 25, even if not at 85? And can't backdate? Gray shirts?

If half your team leaves you're SOL.

If half your team leaves you're SOL.
Lol. So, if an entire oline(or large group) put in for the portal, only a couple coming in, and you've hit 25? They can shut down the program, or get a coach fired.

My point is this team has decencies at certain position and need instant upgrades. Other schools are addressing there’s. DB is going to run the program but if he wants to stay the coach long term he needs to compete.

No need to jump to conclusions until we see what they do. There could be kids we’ve reached out to that haven’t made up their minds, there could be kids that have made up their minds but haven’t made it public due to any number of reasons, etc etc.

Worrying gains us nothing. Wait till the smoke clears

Vandy has a transfer center in the portal, Sean McMoore (he has a longer name). He's Hawaiian and started a lot of games for them. Other than that C is pretty barren.

I dont think so.. i think they only are exempt if they stay at the school they were at.

That's kind of what I meant. OUR guys are exempt from the 85 limit. The ones we keep and convince to come back.

i was going to include that detail except you can be over 85 this year if I understand correctly ;-)
Yes and no. Any seniors returning who no longer have eligibility won't count towards the 85. Returning underclassmen and commits will.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom