Acc Teams using the Transfer Portal to recruit | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Acc Teams using the Transfer Portal to recruit

Do players transferring who have to sit a year count against the 25, we took 26 in the 2020 class that includes 2 transfers, SMU took over 35 in 20919 but 16 transfers and some had to sit I assume. If sitting a year doesn't count I wonder if schools can appeal because no one has to sit. 25 rule is 100% flexible

Do players transferring who have to sit a year count against the 25, we took 26 in the 2020 class that includes 2 transfers, SMU took over 35 in 20919 but 16 transfers and some had to sit I assume. If sitting a year doesn't count I wonder if schools can appeal because no one has to sit. 25 rule is 100% flexible
Grad transfers count towards the 85 but not the 25. I'm not sure if that would include seniors with no eligibility who transfer also but it would make sense for them to only count towards the 85. Underclassmen who transfer count. As far as the 25 number in a class you still can't go over the 85 scholarship limit with the exception of seniors with no eligibility who stay at their current school who don't count. Got it. ;)

And if there are any spots in the 25 that weren't used in the previous class an early enrollee can be back dated to that class.

Last edited:
He’s getting an extension. 3 year from what I’m told from some important Michigan alum. Who are NOT happy about it
Sure

How’d Your “sure” work out? People wonder why I don’t share info sometimes. Because you don’t listen when I say stuff (this was first week of December) Extension til 2026. Yeah sure

People wonder why I don’t share info sometimes. Because you don’t listen when I say stuff (this was first week of December) Extension til 2026. Yeah sure

Is the part where you threaten to leave the board?
1609635848190.png

Some teams in the acc are already hitting the transfer portal. GT just upgrade several positions with high rated players.
I figure DB wants to wait until after signing but we cannot wait to long on top level players.
The portal already has tons of players and more are joining every day. Teams are going to fill immediate needs.
if dino waits, it will be another big mistake he makes.

Can we get back pounding the portal like a drunk Navy sailor on Liberty from a 6 month cruise?
It sounds like we’re waiting for Rutgers and GT to finish pounding and let us have the leftovers.

Bartow just followed 2 WR's as grad transfers from UMISS and Houston today.

At least we know we're looking for an experienced playmaker at WR whether it works out or not.

The we're set at WR group on this board seems to have a different feeling than staff at this point. That's good imo.

Never understood how, as a fan, you could look at our WR depth chart and not see a cry for help.

At least we know we're looking for an experienced playmaker at WR whether it works out or not.

The we're set at WR group on this board seems to have a different feeling than staff at this point. That's good imo.

Never understood how, as a fan, you could look at our WR depth chart and not see a cry for help.

Because there are only 4 openings and bigger needs. After they take care of the DL and I'd say getting another DB, then OL or WR.

following and bringing in are two different things but if we have 4 openings that will be extended to kids in the portal and not HS kids I'd rank importance as follows:
1 DL
2 C / DB
3 DB / C
4 WR

If the Ole Miss kid is Demarcus Gregory it looks like he'd have 3 years of eligibility. I'd call him a long hauler. (former 4 star kid from Duncan, SC)

The Houston kid looks like a 1 year hired gun - career stats
94 catches1467 yards13 TD

If the Ole Miss kid is Demarcus Gregory it looks like he'd have 3 years of eligibility. I'd call him a long hauler. (former 4 star kid from Duncan, SC)

The Houston kid looks like a 1 year hired gun - career stats
94 catches1467 yards13 TD
Take the hired gun. Couple a young man like that with Alford. Williams, Queely and Taj. That's a great mix at WR.

following and bringing in are two different things but if we have 4 openings that will be extended to kids in the portal and not HS kids I'd rank importance as follows:
1 DL
2 C / DB
3 DB / C
4 WR
I am not sold on Servais at Tackle, so I would take a Tackle ahead of a DB or WR, unless you're getting a real stud. The quality of player we get also has to factor in.

I am not sold on Servais at Tackle, so I would take a Tackle ahead of a DB or WR, unless you're getting a real stud. The quality of player we get also has to factor in.

what are the chances of finding an upgrade at Tackle?

what are the chances of finding an upgrade at Tackle?
There were a number in the portal.
I know the staff are reaching out but I’m hoping we hear something before the students return. I feel it’s imperative that the transfers get on campus for spring. Otherwise I’m sure will hear they just got here and need to learn the system.

I’m wondering if the staff has already pulled in several transfers beside qb but DB is having them wait to announce. He likes to keep things close to the vest.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom