ACC Tourney seeding tiebreaker? | Syracusefan.com

ACC Tourney seeding tiebreaker?

DonLightfoot

All Conference
This will be academic if we win out obviously. However, where do we stand if we have the same record as Duke and NC? I assume we have the tiebreaker with NC, but what about Duke?

We own the tiebreaker against UNC and lose the tiebreaker to Duke. Duke beat UVA and we lost to UVA and we split with Duke thus they have the tiebreaker. If we beat Georgia Tech we can only be the 2 or 3 seed in the ACC tournament. If Duke wins out and we lose one game we are 3 seed if UNC beats Duke and we lose one game we are the 2 seed.

a win tonight guarantees the Orange a friday night tip.

and the varsity game on saturday.

thats all you need to know.

There's one other thing you need to know. The 3 seed is in the 9:30 game on Friday. The winner of that game plays at 3:30 on Saturday. That's a tough turnaround, especially for a team with limited depth.

There's one other thing you need to know. The 3 seed is in the 9:30 game on Friday. The winner of that game plays at 3:30 on Saturday. That's a tough turnaround, especially for a team with limited depth.

well its better than playing in the 1:00 game on Saturday.

We clinch the 2 seed by

Winning both games

or

Winning one game and UNC beats Duke

well its better than playing in the 1:00 game on Saturday.
But if you're playing in the 1:00 game on Saturday, you either played at noon or 2:30 on Friday. Still a short turnaround but much better than getting to bed at about 2:00 am after playing in the 9:30 game on Friday and then playing again at 3:30 the next day. U.Va already has the 1 seed nailed down. I don't think that Syracuse will end up with the 4 seed but it's not a bad seed.

I haven't really looked but I would love to see Duke again for an epic 3rd match up and preferably Saturday to impress the committee. Seems likely I would thing as right now it looks most like we are a 2 and they are a 3. That would be a great Saturday game that overshadowed the Sunday championship game. I could see UNC as s 4 seed knocking off VA on a neutral court and making a big seeding push late.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom