ACC TV Deal @ $19 million/year | Syracusefan.com

ACC TV Deal @ $19 million/year

Bonz44

Walk On
Tom Block@_TomBlock
#ACC schools expecting $2 million per school bump for Notre Dame, for 5 games per year. Do the math and ESPN is paying 5-6 mil per ND game.

If this is true that puts the ACC & Big 12 both at $19 million/year...
Big 12 gets $20/year but has to pay Big 12 conference $1 million per year...ACC conference gets full share so schools pay nothing...

With the contracts basically the same does it stop the FSU to the Big 12 rumors?

Tom Block@_TomBlock
#ACC schools expecting $2 million per school bump for Notre Dame, for 5 games per year. Do the math and ESPN is paying 5-6 mil per ND game.

Big 12 gets $20/year but has to pay Big 12 conference $1 million per year...ACC conference gets full share so schools pay nothing...

With the contracts basically the same does it stop the FSU to the Big 12 rumors?

If we were talking about rational people it might but since when are The Dude and his minions ever been rational?

Tom Block@_TomBlock

Since FSU's travel budget would have to dramatically expand for all of those nice trips sending the women's volleyball team to Ames, IA, Lubbock and Waco, TX and so on, I'd have to imagine so.

I think his math is wrong, doesn't that assume all 5 ACC games are on the road for ND, otherwise NBC would have the rights

Tom Block@_TomBlock

If true, the only Big 12 advantage would be Sugar ($40M Big 12 take) vs Orange ($27.5M ACC take). ACC take is higher if ND is the opponent.

$40M divided by 10 is better than $27.5M divided by 14. But the math that FSU/Clemson must do is $40M divided by 12 (if they both join) vs $27.5M divided by 14 (if they both stay). So do you jump for an additional $1.4M per year given the other increase in costs (travel, and you'll have to pay some fairly large # for the exit fee, at least $25M I would think).

There's more to this than my simple math of course. Does the Big 12 get to renegotiate their TV deal if they add FSU/Clemson? Are we talking apples to apples in TV contracts with the reported numbers (all Tiers?).

I also don't know the total take for each conference on bowls outside of Sugar/Orange.

Everytime I hear the ACC is getting a bump in pay, I feel like doing the Dr. Gross dance from Bees old gif.

C'mon beezer, crack that sucker out...

Tom Block@_TomBlock

Someone please remind me how much we got this year from the BE.

4.9 i believe?

Makes you wonder what we're going to do with all that money. Unlike Rutgers, we won't have to use it just to balance our books, haven't we seen reports that our Athletic Department is in the black every year?

And what if we continue the winning ways, in a better league, and therefore sell more tickets? (and more beer?).

Seems like a market raise for the coaches and assistants would still leave a lot left over.

You'd think Marrone is going to have one sweet looking helicopter that he's never going to want to use. Indoor football only facility shouldn't be too far off right?

If we were talking about rational people it might but since when are The Dude and his minions ever been rational?

Dude's already adjusted his contract claims. He now says each Big 12 school stands to earn $31 million in 2014. Doesn't say where that $31 million comes from. Implies (i.e. lies) that its what is coming from the Big 12's Tier 1 & 2 media deal. You'll never get facts from those West Virginians. Just revenge fantasies and death wished for the ACC.

I hate those guys. I hope Ryan chucks a 100 MPH dart right up their collective rear ends.

ESPN is smart to throw this extra 2 million per school for at most 3 additional ND games a year as it shuts down the Big XII from poaching FSU and Clemson. Now all the ACC has to do is defend Ga. Tech, Virginia, North Carolina from the B1G and the conference will be fine. However, the cockroaches on the WVU board will find a spin to this.

Makes you wonder what we're going to do with all that money. Unlike Rutgers, we won't have to use it just to balance our books, haven't we seen reports that our Athletic Department is in the black every year?

And what if we continue the winning ways, in a better league, and therefore sell more tickets? (and more beer?).

Seems like a market raise for the coaches and assistants would still leave a lot left over.

You'd think Marrone is going to have one sweet looking helicopter that he's never going to want to use. Indoor football only facility shouldn't be too far off right?

I would like to see us sink some money into an indoor practice facility. That should be priority number 1. After that, I wonder if we would now be able to fund some more sports, specifically sports that the ACC play (baseball, swimming, etc)?

Agree with that. Hats off to TGD and the athletic staff. Makes me think not enough credit with the way things are done at SU...clearly the right way. It is incredible to think of what can be accomplished on 5x the budget if spent wisely.

So assume the numbers are true and we are netting an extra $14 million. Had to write that down simply to see it in print.

Give Marrone an extra million $. Give each coordinator an extra $250K. Give each other assistant an extra $100K. That's $2.2 million.

So Dr. Gross, everything else being equal, here is your leftover $11.8 million per year to figure out what to do with.

one thing is they need to get moving fast. if you wait another year to start fixing the issues we could be 2-3 years down the road before we see anything. the question on the money is when does it come? are we another year away from really seeing anything?

That $11.8 does not factor in increased revenue from a better product/more interesting opponents. Assume an increase of 10,000 * $50 per additional attendee (parking, concessions etc) *6 games = $3,000,000 in football revenue. Now that $3,000,000 probably is not attainable but there is no reason there cannot be an increase of between $1,000,000 and $1,500,000 per year from being competeitive in the ACC.

So assume the numbers are true and we are netting an extra $14 million. Had to write that down simply to see it in print.

Give Marrone an extra million $. Give each coordinator an extra $250K. Give each other assistant an extra $100K. That's $2.2 million.

So Dr. Gross, everything else being equal, here is your leftover $11.8 million per year to figure out what to do with.

And you aren't even including the Orange Bowl and BCS/ESPN contract pay-outs. When all is said and done, it should push closer to a $23-$25 mill/yr payout for each school.

hopefully this would mean that the basketball team can schedule some home and home series against actual BCS level opponents instead of just flying in mid majors and below all pre-conference schedule

The ACC and Big 12 will be on level playing field for the 4th highest paying conference. Only difference the ACC will split 27.5 million 14 ways and the Big 12 will split 40 million 10 ways. So the conference is fine from the Big 12 front, NOW Swofford must make sure Ga. Tech, Virginia, North Carolina say to the B1G and the conference will be fine.

hopefully this would mean that the basketball team can schedule some home and home series against actual BCS level opponents instead of just flying in mid majors and below all pre-conference schedule
I wouldn't mess with hoops. It's working as-is.

I also think the ACC will move towards rewarding the bowl teams with a higher share of their bowl money instead of splitting it evenly which I think is the right move.

I also doubt FSU/Clemson would improve the Big12 TV contract. I just don't see how it would.

I read the Big 10 is going to be looking at .80 cents per household for the Rutgers and Maryland markets. We'll have to see how that works out. One thing I'm not sure of if it's DMA based or State based. The article seemed to imply that it was the school State - which means the Big 10 would not be able to force NYC/LI subscribers.

One potentially big thing this does is lessen the need for football tickets to generate revenue. We really really need fannies in the seats more than we need the $ now, so maybe students should get in free now without the need for an extra $99 charge on their tuition bill.

Dude's already adjusted his contract claims. He now says each Big 12 school stands to earn $31 million in 2014. Doesn't say where that $31 million comes from. Implies (i.e. lies) that its what is coming from the Big 12's Tier 1 & 2 media deal. You'll never get facts from those West Virginians. Just revenge fantasies and death wished for the ACC.

I hate those guys. I hope Ryan chucks a 100 MPH dart right up their collective rear ends.

I've seen that $30m+ number elsewhere. I think it includes all revenue including all their bowl money.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2