ACC Updates 2020 Football Schedule (10 plus 1) | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

ACC Updates 2020 Football Schedule (10 plus 1)

We're adding their TV money to the pot this year. How much is their NBC contract worth? What is the net effect of feeding another mouth, offset by their own contributions?

It is no windfall or even much of a net gain for anyone. ND's NBC contract pays either $22 million if you believe ND insiders or $15 million if you believe the media.

ACC schools make as much or more than ND in TV money. Adding it all together then splitting it 15 ways is not going to make anyone any more money.

No way an out of state school quarantines for 14 days to play a FB game on day 15. Has to be UB, Army, Gate, Albany, Stony Brook, LIU or Wagner.

Swofford broke ND.

This one year is the start.

You can’t get them in easily.
This was a huge start.
Their fanbase can no longer say they are fully independent. This is the beginning of the end of their full independence.

Losing the textile bowl sucks I am sure but I am sure it’s not a super big thing for your fanbase.

You guys will play USC.The SEC and ACC worked together.
Swofford didn't break anybody. Swarbrick and Swoffird are friends. UNC AD Bubba Cunningham is an ND grad who worked many years at ND, and he is very close to Swarbrick.

There is high probability that if this is leading to ND making the move permanent, Swofford's replacement will be a Notre Dame man- either Swrabrick or Cunningham.

Swofford didn't break anybody. Swarbrick and Swoffird are friends. UNC AD Bubba Cunningham is an ND grad who worked many years at ND, and he is very close to Swarbrick.

There is high probability that if this is leading to ND making the move permanent, Swofford's replacement will be a Notre Dame man- either Swrabrick or Cunningham.
Swofford made them accept a full ACC schedule or they wouldn’t play this year.
He broke them.

It sucks for ND it’s because of a pandemic but my statement is thinking like a business.

Swofford broke ND.

This one year is the start.

You can’t get them in easily.
This was a huge start.
Their fanbase can no longer say they are fully independent. This is the beginning of the end of their full independence.

Losing the textile bowl sucks I am sure but I am sure it’s not a super big thing for your fanbase.

You guys will play USC.The SEC and ACC worked together.
I'm no ND worshipper. But I have to (respectfully) disagree with GBO on this. ND caved .. not only in terms of becoming an ACC member (albeit temporarily) but also equal revenue sharing. Yes it's split 15 ways; their fans are delusional; they have their own seat on the bowl conference committee; they forced us to give them a home game at MetLife; the incessant hype with god on their side; etc. But at least we're eating from the same pie this year.

Last edited:
So the Ohio State game is gone since the Big Ten got rid of all nonconference games.

Wildhack and Buffalo AD should be working on a home/home and fill that Ohio State spot this year if they play games.
Is Stony Brook or Albany Available?

We need an easy win. UB will work too but rather have one breather.

Edit:.saw Albany and Stony Brook both done for the Fall

Last edited:
We're adding their TV money to the pot this year. How much is their NBC contract worth? What is the net effect of feeding another mouth, offset by their own contributions?

Was wondering the same thing. Are ACC teams taking a little less this year or will ESPN/ABC payouts be larger due to a greater inventory of ACC games and ND?

I would expect SU to open on the road on September 12 and then getting a buy on September 19. This will give another week for completion of the Dome. They might even start with two road games or another road game after a buy.

It is no windfall or even much of a net gain for anyone. ND's NBC contract pays either $22 million if you believe ND insiders or $15 million if you believe the media.

ACC schools make as much or more than ND in TV money. Adding it all together then splitting it 15 ways is not going to make anyone any more money.
This assumes that Disney doesn’t care about having ND in the ACC for football. My expectation is that when this possibility was floated to Disney, they may have offered to pony up some extra money to help make it happen.

My expectation is that Disney would love to steal ND football from NBC.

My expectation is that Disney will make the short term changes to accommodate ND in the ACC worthwhile for ALL ACC members.

Just speculation. But it is would I would do if I were Disney. Re-open the contract with the ACC and bring the money more in line with the SEC and B1G. This will help drive more revenue for the ACCN too.

How does this work if people entering NY from southern states are supposed to quarantine for 14 days? That would include the Syracuse team if returning from one of these states.

Can a program opt out for the season like a player can? If so, we should opt out.

It would have been wonderful to play a down/awful Miami and/or FSU. Naturally that opportunity goes to the moneymakers Clemson/ND.

its because of nys travel rules. No Florida travel either way

Yes the road schedule is brutal but we do get the Chase Brice revenge game. I’m not going to complain when I’ll be happy if they’re able to play at all

Just an awful schedule. No big teams at home and basically the top 3 or 3 out of the top 4 all on the road. Geezus throw us a bone.
There very likely won't be fans at the game so I don't see where the home schedule matters to the fans anyway... or am I missing something?

To me the biggest downside of the schedule is we play neither Florida school and neither Virginia school.

I thought we were your rival. :(

Seriously though, were you against ND joining fully? Because this is a great start - let's the Domers get used to it. And we'll see how militant the anti-conference forces are.
You're right...a rival actually beats you in the sport.

The fan aspect of our road games is gone. I’ll take our boys against any team hands down

There very likely won't be fans at the game so I don't see where the home schedule matters to the fans anyway... or am I missing something?
Yeah and argument could be made that this is the ideal season to get all those road trips out of the way. Assuming we get them all at home, whenever the next matchup happens.