ACC Updates 2020 Football Schedule (10 plus 1) | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

ACC Updates 2020 Football Schedule (10 plus 1)

It doesn’t read that you have to play a team from your home state, but the +1game must be played in on the ACC campus school. We will still play Liberty.
Liberty is not meeting the medical protocals. They are all coughing at each other to get sick. maga

I bet there will be quite a few 5-6 record teams this year going bowling
No doubt in my mind that happens. Weren't there a couple of 5-7 teams in bowls last year?

Liberty is not meeting the medical protocals. They are all coughing at each other to get sick. maga
Can't imagine a single Liberty player doesn't test positive at some point. Dump em.

I bet there will be quite a few 5-6 record teams this year going bowling
Might be some 4-4 or 4-5 teams going bowling as well. Some schools surely will not play a complete season. Probably many.

With all or almost all the non-conference games taken away from P5 teams, you are going to see standings like this for say, the ACC:

TeamConf WConf LOverall WOverall L
Clemson
10​
0​
11​
0​
Notre Dame
8​
2​
9​
2​
North Carolina
6​
4​
7​
4​
Pittsburgh
6​
4​
7​
4​
Louisville
6​
4​
6​
5​
Wake Forest
6​
4​
7​
4​
Virginia Tech
6​
4​
7​
4​
Virginia
5​
5​
6​
5​
Miami
5​
5​
6​
5​
Syracuse
4​
6​
5​
6​
Florida State
4​
6​
4​
7​
Duke
4​
6​
5​
6​
Georgia Tech
4​
6​
4​
7​
NC State
1​
9​
2​
9​
Boston College
0​
10​
1​
10​

And this is the ACC, where most schools will have an easy OOC win to pad their records.

BC and NC st seem awfully good for those crappy records

So if this season happens our first 2 games on the road . How’s the dome schedule?
Should be ahead but probably not ?

BC and NC st seem awfully good for those crappy records
No one has 3 or 4 easy OOC victories to pad their records with any longer. When you have programs like Clemson and ND rolling up great records, someone has be on the losing ends of those games.

A lot of ACC schools ended up with a significantly tougher schedule. This is going to hurt their chances to qualify for bowl games.

Let's assume Clemson and ND roll the table in the regular season, with the exception being Clemson beating ND in their head to head game.

If you want to give every ACC school 3 wins, you are going to end up with standings like this:

TeamConf WConf L
Clemson
10​
0​
Notre Dame
9​
1​
North Carolina
6​
4​
Pittsburgh
6​
4​
Louisville
5​
5​
Wake Forest
5​
5​
Virginia Tech
5​
5​
Virginia
5​
5​
Miami
5​
5​
Syracuse
4​
6​
Florida State
3​
7​
Duke
3​
7​
Georgia Tech
3​
7​
NC State
3​
7​
Boston College
3​
7​

A 1-9 record in conference play this year, let's say 2-9 with an easy OOC win, is roughly equivalent to going 1-7 in conference play and 3-1 OOC in a normal season. 4-8.

Odds are good someone is going to go 0-10 or 1-9 in conference play. Probably a couple of teams. This is almost like playing in the old Big East in basketball. Very tough to finish with a 500 record with ND all in, 2 more conference games added and only one OOC game to work with.

SEC just got played by the ACC.
Now South Carolina/Florida/Georgia/Kentucky boosters will blame their conference if their rivalry games aren’t played.

SEC just got played by the ACC.
Now South Carolina/Florida/Georgia/Kentucky boosters will blame their conference if their rivalry games aren’t played.
The SEC boosters don’t care as long as the conference games are played, especially since the majority of them thought they would have to go conference only when all these discussions started (around May)

If we cant get a pure cupcake in then I hope the ACC just bails on the OOC and figures out how to work out the existing contracts down the road. I don't want Liberty or WMU being the OOC considering the existing schedule.

What is the point in playing an 11th game this year? If the stadiums were to be full then it would make sense. Are schools really willing to pay other schools for a game when there is no ticket revenue? Or to have a home and away when the hone is played in an empty stadium?

What is the point in playing an 11th game this year? If the stadiums were to be full then it would make sense. Are schools really willing to pay other schools for a game when there is no ticket revenue? Or to have a home and away when the hone is played in an empty stadium?
It’s an extra game of live content for your TV partner that is going to lose a lot of revenue itself can use and recoup selling ads.
If teams are going to play I don’t mind giving the ACC network an extra live event to help Disney make a little extra revenue back.

I think the lead is getting buried here: we still need an exemption from the NYS quarantine rules to make this work.

Is this how it is now. Every time I post you or one of your cohort are going to make a rude comment. My post was perfectly legit and just pointed the reality of the day. Do they still have the ignore button , I strongly suggest you stop reading mine.

ignoring Chip = why are you here

%*#% it, didn’t want to be in his cohort

What Id expect.

What we really need is a cupcake Dome climate controlled 50-0 beat down of someone. We don’t need a game where we win easily but are tested a bit. Which I think UB would be. Just destroy someone and pad the stats OOC.

I can see FCS moving to spring. Why not they’d get prime time TV and stuff ND State games would get good ratings. So we need to play an FBS. Liberty, Umass, or Uconn are ideal.

But Farwell can’t be trusted to behave. Hell put us in a position where we have to cancel. Make CousCuse happy and give him his dream game or throw the puppies a bone it’s gonna be at the Dome.

Don’t trust Liberty to not make this very uncomfortable for us.