ACC Will Be ESPN's Best BB Brand Going Forward | Syracusefan.com

ACC Will Be ESPN's Best BB Brand Going Forward

TexanMark

Tailgate Guru
ESPN expects the ACC to achieve the best basketball ratings on ESPN. The B1G will surely have a ratings decrease with the addition of Rutgers and a currently so-so Maryland watering down their brand. ESPN expects ACC ratings to increase about 20-40% with the addition of Cuse, Ville, Pitt and ND.

As we stated to the B10/12 fan boys...BB brings in a nice chunk of programming from mid Nov to late Mar. While not FB nums...it does add positive value.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2013/06/qa_with_espns_burke_magnus_new.html

ESPN expects the ACC to achieve the best basketball ratings on ESPN. The B1G will surely have a ratings decrease with the addition of Rutgers and a currently so-so Maryland watering down their brand. ESPN expects ACC ratings to increase about 20-40% with the addition of Cuse, Ville, Pitt and ND.

As we stated to the B10/12 fan boys...BB brings in a nice chunk of programming from mid Nov to late Mar. While not FB nums...it does add positive value.

Rutgers' games have to be shown on ESPN to lower the BiG's overall ratings on that network.

That's not happening. :D

Interesting that the truly greatest basketball conference of all time didn't even rank ahead of the SEC in terms of overall ratings despite having Louisville, Syracuse, UConn, Georgetown, Nova, Marquette, Pitt, Notre Dame, and St. John's.

Cheers,
Neil

Rutgers was last in the NCAA tournament during the McKinley administration.

Back in the 60's they had an undefeated regular season and a number one ranking. They lost in the post season and have never recovered.

Back in the 60's they had an undefeated regular season and a number one ranking. They lost in the post season and have never recovered.
Mid-70's. Went undefeated to the FF, where they lost both games. Eddie Jordan, their latest soon-to-be-former head coach played on that team.

Mid-70's. Went undefeated to the FF, where they lost both games. Eddie Jordan, their latest soon-to-be-former head coach played on that team.
And here's their entire list of tournament appearances:
1975, 1976 (Final Four), 1979 (Sweet Sixteen), 1983, 1989, 1991

I would guess that nobody on their current team was alive the last time that the Girls made the tournament.
They'll have that in common with their new conference mates from Northwestern.

The ACC strengthened their brand and expanded geographically while the B1G's seemed to only focus on geographic/market expansion without any consideration given to quality of product.

So Northwestern has never made the tourney and Rutgers last did in the '70s...Talk about a conference that really bottoms out.

anybody know what the big east ratings were the last decade or so?

So Northwestern has never made the tourney and Rutgers last did in the '70s...Talk about a conference that really bottoms out.
And here's their entire list of tournament appearances:
1975, 1976 (Final Four), 1979 (Sweet Sixteen), 1983, 1989, 1991

My bad...For some reason in my head I interpreted tournament to include NIT as well.

I keep imagining the ACC Tourney semis and final at MSG. Imagine SU/Louisville and Duke/UNC semis with an SU/Duke final. The Garden will be bananas and ratings through the roof.

Rutgers' games have to be shown on ESPN to lower the BiG's overall ratings on that network.

That's not happening. :D

Interesting that the truly greatest basketball conference of all time didn't even rank ahead of the SEC in terms of overall ratings despite having Louisville, Syracuse, UConn, Georgetown, Nova, Marquette, Pitt, Notre Dame, and St. John's.

Cheers,
Neil

If a programs with no fan bases fall in the forest...

and people were worried about losing the hoyas as a rival

My biggest take-away from that interview is the confirmation that the ACC will have the early Big Monday slot. Hope they keep the Big Monday announcing crew intact.

Yeah. You'll have Big Monday. MSG eventually. Games with Duke, UNC, UofL, Pitt etc.

But you won't have memphis http://www.bigeast.org/News/tabid/435/Article/245651/Memphis’-FedExForum-Will-Host-2014-American-Athletic-Conference-Men’s-Basketball-Championship.aspx

Memphis will be a nice venue for the AAC Tourney. Probably the perfect place for the AAC.

BTW, sdhusky I think you finally reached "Stage 5"

stages-of-grief.jpg

To quote Hank Kingsley Hey now don't cut yourself short you also got the Mohegan Sun for the Women's Tournament and potential bowl games in Little Rock, Arkansas and the Bahamas.

DUBAI RIDE OR DIE MF

I think the Bahamas has a Cricket Stadium available for the AAC #5 vs Sun Belt #3

I have actually been to the Bahamas National Cricket Ground. It had a herd of goats grazing on it.

In other words, its perfect.

I have actually been to the Bahamas National Cricket Ground. It had a herd of goats grazing on it.

In other words, its perfect.

The Bahamas might be pretty cool for a bowl game. The soccer stadium holds 15k temporarily expandable to 30k. Let's face it...with a game like that only well off boosters with passports, American Tourists already there and curious Bahamians will watch it live. A stadium holding only 15-30k will be perfect.