Accepting nominations for the most unappreciated Oranges | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Accepting nominations for the most unappreciated Oranges

"Warrick's 10 turnovers" might even exceed "Harris's inbounds pass" as the SU blame-game memes that irritate me the most.

For four years, commentators were wowed by Warrick's footwork and often observed that it looked like he was traveling but wasn't because his footwork was so good and his strides so uniquely long. But the refs weren't fooled...until his last game ever. I defy anybody to sit through that awful game and pick out 10 turnovers. We got jobbed.

Erich Santifer

Stone Cold Steve Austin says, "CAN I GET A H3LL YEAH!?!?"

I think he is probably the best overall 2G Syracuse I've seen at SU, and I wish
they could find that type of player for every year.

Kev

What no James Thues fans? He was putting together a pretty solid year for a 5-10 guard before the Williams/Shumpert debacle.

Stevie Thompson was an exciting player. Unstoppable in the open court.

Former AD Jake for making Boeheim play hoops in the Dome.

Boeheim.

Troy Weaver.

John Wallace for coming here when he did.

Derek Brower for 1987.

Jeremy McNeil for multiple comebacks in the ‘03 run.

McNabb for being the best leading walk-on since Boeheim.

James Arthur Boheim the player. Second fiddle to Bing.

Craig Forth... Four-year-starter. Anchor of the 2003 NC team. Four-year academic All American. A school principal by his early 30s. Continues to be a credit to SU.

Craig got nothing but abuse while he played here ... including from people on this board. It was so painful to his parents, but Craig never complained. His brother posted here for awhile as SyraSax, but stopped when the abuse got out of control.
people were idiots about him.

i had to be restrained a few times at the Garden, people who dont understand basketball are often the loud and obnoxious ones.

people were idiots about him.

i had to be restrained a few times at the Garden, people who dont understand basketball are often the loud and obnoxious ones.
Craig Forth reminds me a bit of Ringo Starr. Ringo was overshadowed and people say he wasn’t a contributor, but the Beatles wouldn’t have been the Beatles without him. He wasn’t as flashy as Keith Moon or John Bonham, but he was ¼ of the most successful band in history. A story I like was when the Traveling Wiburys were forming and they were considering drummers. George Harrison suggested Ringo and Tom Petty asked, “is he really any good?”. Harrison replied “he’s good enough to be in the Beatles!”

Forth was good enough to be the starting center on our championship team. Maybe we still would have won it all with someone else starting, but there is no way to know. He should be remembered and appreciated. He also seems to be a fine representative of the University and a guy who has dedicated his life to educating kids.