According to Mcmuprhy: It's official. Louisville to the ACC | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

According to Mcmuprhy: It's official. Louisville to the ACC

I agree with all of you - this is a sound move.

The FB and BB quality of the conference just got much better.

This and the lawsuit against MD make me feel much better than I felt a few days ago.

The eyeball argument assumes people will watch anything. That's not true. Exhibit #1, Rutgers athletics.

It also assumes that people who have no interest in watching will still shell out $$ every month to pay for content they don't watch. That's also not true. Exhibit #1, Longhorn network.

That's not how DMA's work. See why the B10 took MD and rutgers. Nobody has to watch a thing.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

The ACC still has as much access to DC and NYC as the Big10 does with their moves. Trading Kentucky for Maryland in terms of populations interested in college sports is a win for the ACC.

Whatever deal the BTN is able to work out in those markets, and ACC Net with ND in it will be the same. And NYS is bigger than NJ.

Also the ACC's footprint is in growing parts of the country, the BIG, not so much.

That's also not how DMA's work. NYS is not bigger than the NYC DMA. Plus SU is not all of NYS.

That's not how DMA's work. See why the B10 took MD and rutgers. Nobody has to watch a thing.

They have to pay their cable bill for the stuff they don't watch. Peeps don't like doing that. Cue DirecTV

They have to pay their cable bill for the stuff they don't watch. Peeps don't like doing that. Cue DirecTV

9m people in the nyc DMA I doubt most of them will even know their bill went up $1. Besides, as discussed before it may get tied to the yanks.

9m people in the nyc DMA I doubt most of them will even know their bill went up $1. Besides, as discussed before it may get tied to the yanks.

True, but I thought your general point was that Louisville wasn't an upgrade over Maryland. So how do those #'s shake out in the DMA world? And how much does the ACC stand to lose because of it?

Rutgers is a completely different topic.

True, but I thought your general point was that Louisville wasn't an upgrade over Maryland. So how do those #'s shake out in the DMA world? And how much does the ACC stand to lose because of it?

I was responding to Orangello who was talking about rutgirls. O don't know the size of the md DMA but I would think it is bigger than Lville.

Maryland is in the DC DMA - 9th in the US
Louisville DMA - 49th

Louisville DMA - 49th

MD will also get coverage in the Baltimore DMA, which is in the 20s.

Funny thing though is that Lousiville is always among the top rated markets for college sports. So it's not too big, but EVERYONE in it watches.

Louisville DMA - 49th

Yep. I finally looked that up. #1 and #9. Rutgirls and MD can do crap in the field, have nobody in the stands, and nobody watch on TV and it does not matter. But people will keep saying the B10 screwed up because they took 2 losers and Lville is an upgrade. They don't understand realignment.

Yep. I finally looked that up. #1 and #9. Rutgirls and MD can do crap in the field, have nobody in the stands, and nobody watch on TV and it does not matter. But people will keep saying the B10 screwed up because they took 2 losers and Lville is an upgrade. They don't understand realignment.

The people who should be mad at B1G expansion are tOSU, Michigan, Nebraska, Wisconsin, etc. Sure they'll get some more bucks, but they have to endure 2 totally lackluster opponents.

The people who should be mad at B1G expansion are tOSU, Michigan, Nebraska, Wisconsin, etc. Sure they'll get some more bucks, but they have to endure 2 totally lackluster opponents.

I'm thinking the B10 feels they have enough good teams to maintain their status quo and now went for the money grab. Don't think they cared that the teams you named aren't going to have another contender.

I dont think people have been saying the B1G screwed up, people are just disgusted they took two crap programs so they could infiltrate two big markets even though noone in those markets cares whatsoever to watch the B1G Network. The ACC made the best possible move they could make given the circumstances by adding Louisville who as far as a "program" goes is a huge upgrade over Maryland

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom