According to Mcmuprhy: It's official. Louisville to the ACC | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

According to Mcmuprhy: It's official. Louisville to the ACC

The ACC was desperate with the loss of the terps. They had to take Louisville. Last year, they were in no hurry, they didn't have to settle for a academic down grade in WVU. This year they did. IMO if WVU were there this year, they'd be in right now. Just a better geographical fit.

I am just glad it is not Cincinnati. Never made any sense to me. We will see what happens to Cincy and UCONN (last two solid BE programs). They are in a bad spot now. They have to hope for more schools to leave ACC, because I don't think the B10 is taking them (too much overlap). If ND ever joins, then UCONN is in. Doubtful, but that is their only hope.

I would have preferred WVU, just based on history, and I think they are more of an "Eastern" school. Can't argue with them adding L'Ville, academics aside. Much prefer LVille over Cincy. UConn? Meh.

How can this be? How can Pitino allow this? How can Louisville be so disloyal to the Big East???????

:rolleyes:

What non OSU Ohio market? Have you ever spent any time in Ohio?

I would have to guess it is Kentucky.

The ACC is dead on arrival if it doesnt get more money for each school and a media rights deal and ACC network in place. ACC is still just as vulnerable as the B12. I still think the B12 is more vulnerable due to the potential for the PAC12 to expand and the only state that makes sense for the PAC12 that adds any value is Texas.

Boeheim is so going to roast Rick in the media (all in good fun though)
It just might keep JB coaching for 10 more years LOL !!! I think they really hate each other , keep the fire burning !

What is better - the non Ohio State Ohio market, the West Virginia market or the Kentucky market?

I'd still say the non Ohio State market. High school football is and has always been huge in the state of Ohio. The cream of the crop go to OSU and UM, but there are many left that go elsewhere. So many powerhouse/good football schools in Cleveland and Cincinnati areas, as well as Columbus...many of the very good MAC teams are full of 'leftovers' from the state of Ohio.

Nothing would make ma happier than having RU's first BE Championship be co-shared by SU, a team which they have for years claimed was a castoff, hasbeen and good for nothing program.

Whats funny, is that in spite of our WORST DECADE EVER, provided RU loses tomorrow, we will have more BE championships than they will lol (2004/2012)

Always believe McMurphy...

It just might keep JB coaching for 10 more years LOL !!! I think they really hate each other , keep the fire burning !

They hate each other like brothers...you realize no Juli without Rick's wife.

Good move Swofford. This is an upgrade from the Twerps.

If you understand what realignment is about, Lville isn't an upgrade.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

In the B10 model No...but the ACC model it might be not bad. UL is an upgrade in athletic quality across the board save Lacrosse.

Also with all the money UL has I am sure the real early buyout will not be a problem like with WV

I understand that content is just as important as DMA size.

Louisville FB > Twerps FB
Louisville BB > Twerps BB

SMU is located smack dab in the 5th largest media market in the U.S.

If there's no change in $ anyway, you could argue that it's an upgrade. If the ACC deal will now be worth less because of the DMA concept of losing DC/Baltimore but gaining Louisville, then yes, certainly no upgrade.

In the B10 model No...but the ACC model it might be not bad. UL is an upgrade in athletic quality across the board save Lacrosse.

Yes, but if all this talk of an ACC network and TV deals is true, then it is the B10 model where potential eyeballs and DMA's are more important than on field/court results.

Yes, but if all this talk of an ACC network and TV deals is true, then it is the B10 model where potential eyeballs and DMA's are more important than on field/court results.

Not just any eyeballs but eyeballs that can add to the pie. UConn and UC may not be worth the price. Not saying that for certain but it is certainly a question they have to answer.

The ACC BB lineup is pretty awesome without UConn. And what is the UConn BB program falls off a cliff with Calhoun gone?

Cincy is not anything that can't be replaced. I think they are really the odd school out.

The eyeball argument assumes people will watch anything. That's not true. Exhibit #1, Rutgers athletics.

It also assumes that people who have no interest in watching will still shell out $$ every month to pay for content they don't watch. That's also not true. Exhibit #1, Longhorn network.

Brett McMurphy@McMurphyESPN
Louisville will hold 2 p.m. press conference to announce move to ACC

Well that was quick.

If there's no change in $ anyway, you could argue that it's an upgrade. If the ACC deal will now be worth less because of the DMA concept of losing DC/Baltimore but gaining Louisville, then yes, certainly no upgrade.

The ACC still has as much access to DC and NYC as the Big10 does with their moves. Trading Kentucky for Maryland in terms of populations interested in college sports is a win for the ACC.

Whatever deal the BTN is able to work out in those markets, and ACC Net with ND in it will be the same. And NYS is bigger than NJ.

Also the ACC's footprint is in growing parts of the country, the BIG, not so much.

The ACC still has as much access to DC and NYC as the Big10 does with their moves. Trading Kentucky for Maryland in terms of populations interested in college sports is a win for the ACC.

Whatever deal the BTN is able to work out in those markets, and ACC Net with ND in it will be the same. And NYS is bigger than NJ.

Also the ACC's footprint is in growing parts of the country, the BIG, not so much.

I don't disagree. Anyone who lives in the DC metro area can tell you who THE college football team is in this area. It's not, and never was, Maryland. Even during those early Fridge years. It's VT country. By. A. Mile.

I was just referring to the DMA thing, a topic that I know next to nothing about, I basically learn from what I read here.

Good FB, Good BB. Perfect.
Does Strong stay?

And look who's happy...
Eric Crawford@ericcrawford
From #UofL coach Rick Pitino via text messge: "We are in."
Pitino should resign and wait for a BE job to open up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom