Achilles Heel.... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Achilles Heel....

I hope Benny does step up to at least equal Jimmy. I don’t know why there’s a discrepancy but according to Sports reference that has tracked every player’s statistics for decades says Benny’s 40 minute rebounding # was just 5.4 rebounds. How accurate a predictor any 40 minute stat is I can’t say but Jimmy Boeheim’s number is 7.1 rebounds.

I’m hoping too that they find a replacement for Frank just like you do. Jesse has had foul trouble limiting his minutes in games not counting his current injury so replacing Frank who was quite valuable in relief, is crucial. He averaged 3.8 rebounds as a backup this past year and his 40 minute rebound stat is 10.9.

Excited about next year but I do feel that there are still questions to be answered. (a forward able to create his own shot & go to the basket etc)A full roster will certainly help the future and a good base to build on.
Clarifying... I use conference per 40 minute stats from Basketball Reference. I feel it gives a better idea of competition than season long per 40. You wouldn't want a freshman reserve getting 20 and 10 vs a cupcake to be compared favorably to a starter getting 17 and 7 vs. an ACC team.

Williams was better in ACC play, perhaps completely weighted by his good performance vs. Duke. If so, I'll let it stand, Duke isn't a cupcake this year. :)

You scared the crap outta me.

I thought someone tore their achilles.
Usually if there is an issue injury it is the tendon and not the heel.

edit - boo hoo the emojis I tried to attach didn’t post !!! No fun on this one !!!

If Cole comes back the shooting will be fine.

Rebounding and defense should be better too.

I think we have a chance to be sneaky good next year if Cole returns.

If he doesn’t we need to hope one of the freshmen step up.

If Cole comes back the shooting will be fine.

Rebounding and defense should be better too.

I think we have a chance to be sneaky good next year if Cole returns.

If he doesn’t we need to hope one of the freshmen step up.

With Cole, Benny, Frank and Jesse, I thought this could be a Top 25 team. Without Frank, we are going to need a real quality backup. I'm not optimistic about this big kid who couldn't get on the floor with Florida State.

With Cole, Benny, Frank and Jesse, I thought this could be a Top 25 team. Without Frank, we are going to need a real quality backup. I'm not optimistic about this big kid who couldn't get on the floor with Florida State.
Who knows if that kid even signs with us.

Backup center is a need, but 10-12 minutes a game isn’t going to break a team.

Can anyone name UNC’s backup to Bacot?

I have to disagree. If you don't have quality depth inside, the other teams in the ACC and at the national level are going to pound the hell out of you inside while your starter is on the bench. We can't be playing Jimmy Boeheim type players at center.

Well, if Bacot can’t play tomorrow, UNC’s in trouble. I think that’s the concern here.

Rebounding is going to be absolutely brutal imo
What rebounding have we lost ? Frank mind you would only be a backup if he returned and the B boys boards can be replaced by anyone standing in their spots

Well, if Bacot can’t play tomorrow, UNC’s in trouble. I think that’s the concern here.
No different than Nova losing Moore.

Any team that loses one of its best players is going to be toast.

I have to disagree. If you don't have quality depth inside, the other teams in the ACC and at the national level are going to pound the hell out of you inside while your starter is on the bench. We can't be playing Jimmy Boeheim type players at center.
You didn’t answer his question. UNC is in the title game and they don’t have quality depth inside.

No different than Nova losing Moore.

Any team that loses one of its best players is going to be toast.
Right, so that’s the risk with Ballard. I don’t have a problem with him taking those reserve minutes. Can he handle an increased role if Edwards gets hurt or when Edwards gets in early foul trouble?

What rebounding have we lost ? Frank mind you would only be a backup if he returned and the B boys boards can be replaced by anyone standing in their spots
This is all me assuming Cole’s not back

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom