Adam Silver | Syracusefan.com

Adam Silver

Message is pretty clear that there's a new Sheriff in town.

as much as I despise Donny baby its a sad day for americans

I wonder if the good will from this helps him in the immediate future when negotiating with the Players union on issues, such as the increased age limit.

now he has to manipulate a sale to an African-American ownership group (or at least one with an African-American front man)

I felt like I was listening to a WWF wrestling promo when he emphasized "for life!!!!"

"You know, Mean Gene, brother, ima gonna wrap the two 24 inch pythons around his neck!"

"But Mr. Silver, your pipes are nowhere near 24 inches."

"Oh yeah?! How bout I show you right here?! Ain't no Sterling without Silver, baby, and Silver is snuffing out the Sterling right here in this very ring tonight! Snap into a SlimJim, Gene!!! WOOOOOOO!"

No its not. A private group did what it needs to do to to protect its investment. No problem.
i'll bet someone illegally tapes a locker room when 'the boys' talk about gay or women. will there be lifetime bans

i'll bet someone illegally tapes a locker room when 'the boys' talk about gay or women. will there be lifetime bans

The man's got a point.

Whitlock says yes. I'm skeptical.

now he has to manipulate a sale to an African-American ownership group (or at least one with an African-American front man)

Wouldn't shock me if Magic led a group to buy the team, and I wonder if this was just the NBA taking the opportunity to rid themselves of Sterling after years of his nonsense. We know about the Elgin Baylor and housing discrimination lawsuits, but there might have been other things that when added to this gave the owners the chance to push him out.

Do you remember the guy whose face melted in Raiders of the Lost Ark?

Maybe Sterling will hire an army of spy's and operatives and destroy family and loved ones of the people who did him in. He has over a billion dollars.

Can we stop trying to equate an owner with a role player? It's silly.

Not sure why it should make a difference. I am not saying Sterling shouldn't have been punished, but thought what Cooper said was worse and it was said in public.