Adam Weitsman and NIL | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Adam Weitsman and NIL

Jw is on record saying Adam always checks compliance before doing anything related to SU. The guy has built an incredible business. He supports SU and a ton of charities. Still people want to focus on the past.

I agree. Admitted the mistake served his time and moved on. Still some love to dwell on it.

What else is he suppose to do?

Last edited:
It is nice to have balance. Some posters fellate him for being a humanitarian, a potential savior for Syracuse athletics, and a local celebrity. Others point out that he is a convicted felon who loves attention. All of those things can be true.

It is nice to have balance. Some posters fellate him for being a humanitarian, a potential savior for Syracuse athletics, and a local celebrity. Others point out that he is a convicted felon who loves attention. All of those things can be true.

Sure but in this context, he is giving considerable amount of money to Syracuse athletics and me personally I will just leave it at that.

I too have a couple of stories with regard to him that would paint him in a very favorable light with regard to his generosity and what he has done that would never draw attention to him in the public eye.

And yeah I am sure there is some negativity there too but like you said both can be true. Nobody is claiming the guy is a saint

I’m not sure how any of this is sustainable without money coming directly from tv deals and revenue sources. But maybe there’s a lot more millionaire football fans out there than I realize…

While big boosters certainly play a prominent role, the collectives with smaller $ donations driven by big numbers are more sustainable at lower level P5 programs.

Simple math: 25,000 donors at $100 per season recurring donation would be $2.5 million per season.

For Syracuse I think this is the way to go. Beyond this board I haven't seen a big marketing push for the NIL collective representing Syracuse athletes. If they could get the season ticket holder and alumni email list I think the fundraising could be quite successful.

While it wouldn't put us in the upper tier I would think it could act like the NC State model of annual stipends to all players with some extra for those special players.

I know its not supposed to be pay for play but need to deal in reality at this point.

Its something the average fan could do if they want to remain competitive in the marketplace.

Sure but in this context, he is giving considerable amount of money to Syracuse athletics and me personally I will just leave it at that.

I too have a couple of stories with regard to him that would paint him in a very favorable light with regard to his generosity and what he has done that would never draw attention to him in the public eye.

And yeah I am sure there is some negativity there too but like you said both can be true. Nobody is claiming the guy is a saint
He screwed up when he was a kid, paid the price, and that should be the end of it.

If someone goes to prison for an extremely violent offense, maybe that's different

I do wonder about anyone making a substantial fortune from crypto mining - the whole industry is so strange, I can imagine that it's easy to get in over your head thinking you have more wealth than you actually do

Sanctimonious people need to keep their opinions on some other boards.
Unless you are able to live the ten commandments to a tee, you should not be judging others.
Haha, yeah, this forum is judgment free.

thanks for the smart contribution there. he wasn't a 6 year old in prison, yes, thank you for clarifying. you know what i meant
I have spent some time with him in Skaneateles and he is a good guy in my book. regular guy doesn't act like a big shot and his wife is super nice. The fact that he is close to JB is good enough for me as I doubt Jim would be hanging with him if he wasn't on the up and up.

He’s supposed to come on this thread and personally apologize to people that were not impacted nor know anybody impacted.
He wants us to look at him, so I am.

I bet a lot of the people on this forum were sent to the principal’s office, but it’s not being held against them today!!!!! Most people learn from their mistakes. We could only wish everyone could turn their lives around like Adam. The world would be a far better place.

I bet a lot of the people on this forum were sent to the principal’s office, but it’s not being held against them today!!!!! Most people learn from their mistakes. We could only wish everyone could turn their lives around like Adam. The world would be a far better place.

Principals office….? That’s child’s play.

I agree. I believe in forgiveness. I get annoyed by the characterizations that it was comparable to a teenage prank, or a trip to the principal’s office. It was a serious crime. He did his time and he might be a great guy. I hope that’s true.

Yeah so I started this thread while binge watching Christmas movies drunk and apparently I decided to DM him. Good dude lol did not expect him to respond. He’s 100% helping the cause.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom