Adam Weitsman announces NIL plans | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Adam Weitsman announces NIL plans

Status
Not open for further replies.
So this came to my ears through a weird chain of people so I wanted to throw it out here to see if anyone had heard anything similar:

A fellow STH told me last night that Weitsman and the chancellor got into it about the NIL stuff and now Adam is going to pull some of his support.

Again, no idea if I trust it at all so just wanted to find out if anybody knew anything.
Pretty confident in saying there is no truth to this whatsoever. But stranger things have happened.

And curious why some think the Chancellor is so anti-athletics? Department is still suffering the financial repercussions of the covid year and Kent championed the release of additional budget to upgrade the football staff. He was in the Audi Suite cheering during the Pinstripe Bowl and is at virtually every game including several roadies. Maybe I'm missing something?

Pretty confident in saying there is no truth to this whatsoever. But stranger things have happened.

And curious why some think the Chancellor is so anti-athletics? Department is still suffering the financial repercussions of the covid year and Kent championed the release of additional budget to upgrade the football staff. He was in the Audi Suite cheering during the Pinstripe Bowl and is at virtually every game including several roadies. Maybe I'm missing something?

So it goes back to when he was originally hired that this was called out. I also noted the investments we have made that conflicts with this. Maybe my memory is failing but I was pretty certain there were concerns expressed over his history and priorities when announced.

All said I sure hope this is not true and it is an altered version of a conversation and maybe it's mutually understood precaution after what happened at Miami ( which nothing of what has been shared about AWs deals has had a hint of what went down at the U).

If so this is good to hear, but this isn’t the first time I’ve heard this or seen it posted on the board.

I don’t think Kent is going to push out one of the top 2-3 donors to the athletic department. And that’s besides any NIL stuff. Most I can see is Kent asking him not to be as public about NIL.

If the Chancellor is messing around with something externally that is critical to the future of any programs success.. no bueno. That is a boatload of what ifs though.

I would definitely wait to see more details IF there is any truth to this. What that degree of truth is. What the issues were.

I was assured on this very board that AW is a Cuse guy, not a JB guy.

AW is extremely public about his efforts for many things. While NIL is “divorced” from the university by the letter of the law, I think we’d all be able to acknowledge that it’s still a de facto set of bedfellows bw AW and the university.

I would hazard a guess that when you dig deeper, this is probably more about the megaphone that AW announces quite a bit of what he’s doing ($$$ amounts, private flights) while also posting pics with people I’m guessing SU isn’t super fond of.

I would definitely wait to see more details IF there is any truth to this. What that degree of truth is. What the issues were.

AW is extremely public about his efforts for many things. While NIL is “divorced” from the university by the letter of the law, I think we’d all be able to acknowledge that it’s still a de facto set of bedfellows bw AW and the university.

I would hazard a guess that when you dig deeper, this is probably more about the megaphone that AW announces quite a bit of what he’s doing ($$$ amounts, private flights) while also posting pics with people I’m guessing SU isn’t super fond of.

Yes this is what I am hoping/the expectation especially given the Miami stuff that has shined a light on things more where there is public info.

Given this is in two different threads some of this we are covering/touching on.

That most certainly could be the case

I do not believe whatsoever the Chancellor is anti-athletics.

I do believe relatively strongly that he won’t over-invest either. Being competitive and at least middle of the pack with the occasional chance of top-tier in the ACC while bracing for the potential dissolution of the NCAA by the end of the decade.

I do not believe whatsoever the Chancellor is anti-athletics.

I do believe relatively strongly that he won’t over-invest either. Being competitive and at least middle of the pack with the occasional chance of top-tier in the ACC while bracing for the potential dissolution of the NCAA by the end of the decade.

Thing to note is if the money is outside of SU he wouldn't be over investing.. unless you are speaking to risk appetite. Again I think it's most sensible this is about AW in the public and that is the hope too.

Everyone rolling out their jump to conclusions mats in situations like this is one of the things that keeps me coming back here.

Keep up the great work.
Hey man I'm sure the people who run the site need the ad revenue.

Everyone rolling out their jump to conclusions mats in situations like this is one of the things that keeps me coming back here.

Keep up the great work.

Never heard this line used before. Not sure if I could pull this off.

It’s like if Spiritual Gangster x Lee Corso did a collaboration.

The funniest thing about "optics" or whatever with NIL is that nobody cares that the coaches are the highest paid employees at the schools and often the highest paid state employees at publics.

We only have to pretend to care about these things when money is going into the student-athlete's pockets.

Ugh. Putting myself in the penalty box for not recalling that. Great movie.
I feel like I'm aging in dog years every time I come to this board. I won't date myself by revealing how old I was when office space first came out and how my first job out of undergrad might have been very much like Initech. If only my gf were like Jennifer Aniston...

I don’t think Kent is going to push out one of the top 2-3 donors to the athletic department. And that’s besides any NIL stuff. Most I can see is Kent asking him not to be as public about NIL.
I was told there’s a few issues. Something to do with him not donating to the university in any meaningful manner. Aw having the seats and box he has while supporters are donating millions and getting overlooked. Also heard there is an issue with him not paying for security for his celebrities and something about him having one parking spot and using multiple. I think it really stems from him trying to grow his brand at the expense of su without supporting the university.

I think thats baloney
Cool. Show me his donations to the school then. I was told the university has been begging for a donation for a practice facility and he will not donate to anything that goes into a pool. It’s all about his brand, you can see it with everything he does.

Cool. Show me his donations to the school then. I was told the university has been begging for a donation for a practice facility and he will not donate to anything that goes into a pool. It’s all about his brand, you can see it with everything he does.
I’ve heard rumblings myself, but no person is getting those tickets and that box without providing a pretty substantial donation.

Yup. You want his money? You gotta play his game. More power to him, he earned it and he gets to use it how he wants.

Status
Not open for further replies.