Adam Weitsman announces NIL plans | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Adam Weitsman announces NIL plans

Status
Not open for further replies.
So this came to my ears through a weird chain of people so I wanted to throw it out here to see if anyone had heard anything similar:

A fellow STH told me last night that Weitsman and the chancellor got into it about the NIL stuff and now Adam is going to pull some of his support.

Again, no idea if I trust it at all so just wanted to find out if anybody knew anything.

So this came to my ears through a weird chain of people so I wanted to throw it out here to see if anyone had heard anything similar:

A fellow STH told me last night that Weitsman and the chancellor got into it about the NIL stuff and now Adam is going to pull some of his support.

Again, no idea if I trust it at all so just wanted to find out if anybody knew anything.

If the Chancellor is messing around with something externally that is critical to the future of any programs success.. no bueno. That is a boatload of what ifs though.

Can't be true.

Boeheim has just stated the portal is now one of his main priorities and he's committed to hitting the portal hard.

He can't do that without NIL bags, so it must be bogus rumor.

Imagine if we actually don't hit the portal hard after all and struggle to put a competitive team together next season...

Which do you think is more likely?

Last edited:
Can't be true.

Boeheim has just said the portal is now one of his main priorities and he's committed to the hitting the portal hard.

He can't do that without NIL bags, so it must be bogus rumor.
All good points but also Boeheim says things

I bet the rumor started with Paulie Scibilia.

Wasn't the understanding that when we brought Kent in that he wasn't much of a collegiate sports guy?

Then we have thrown tons of money and gathered funding for athletics upgrades under JW... so...
If true, how does he not see how a successful football or basketball team can lead to increased applications and higher admission standards? There have been many cases of such.

Considering his public position has been he’s doing this for the community, reducing support due to a disagreement with Kent would be a major blow to his image (at least his Syracuse University related image).

Considering his public position has been he’s doing this for the community, reducing support due to a disagreement with Kent would be a major blow to his image (at least his Syracuse University related image).

And if Kent is going about this the wrong way it's not going to help his own case either.

Yes he was at the game court side as usual and his box was full. There’s been some rumblings though. Kent may be a step below Buzz Shaw when it comes to athletics.

Wonder if the Miami ordeal spooked him( it shouldn't after you read the fine print on that mess)... if so and he is going to intervene.. I've not seen academics take any sort of major step up since he has been there so he can find his way back to the midwest.

This passionate fanbase has already been frustrated... he torpedoes our NIL resources and he and the BOT best be ready for a letter campaign.

Even worse it's about to become Syracuse Football. where a .500 season is worthy of celebration and consecutive .500 seasons gets Babers a lifetime contract.
Football is much harder to compete in though, basketball you can turn around a program over night, football it takes YEARS of sustained success and even then you could disappear from the national spotlight in a heart beat - see Louisville.

Status
Not open for further replies.