Adam Weitsman announces NIL plans | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

Adam Weitsman announces NIL plans

Status
Not open for further replies.
SU will say nothing and don’t expect JW to say anything.
As expected, but I feel the school owes its many supporters some type of an explanation. It's not fair to Red to trot out a lineup missing its three best players if he(meaning the collective) is unable to sign anyone to a competitive NIL deal.

Talk about setting up a 1st year head coach for failure.

I don't think the University will ever address anything about this break up. There is nothing to be gained from their view point in doing so.

I was more talking about how they are going to address the loss of NIL with Weitsman officially gone??

I mean people can read the tea leaves (or at least what they think is the tea leaves, if it's not addressed.)

The question is not what can be gained by talking about Weitsman but what will you lose (as in fan support) if you can't present a strategy on how you plan to be competitive with NIL.

I would love to hear Syracuse's side of it. Especially since I just reupped my season tickets. It's no fun to drive 2.25 hours if we are not going to be competitive or exciting. At least AW brought a little excitement. Is the school going to allow Red to play with an even playing field as it's competitors.
Now that I’ve had time to digest today a bit..

I have plenty of issues I could rant about in regard to the University.

I find it incredibly hard to believe they took a shallow and unwarranted stance in asking Adam not to approach or associate with the student athletes anymore. Clearly something unacceptable was done, or something was discovered.

Not sure I think Syracuse is that wholly incompetent.

I find it incredibly hard to believe they took a shallow and unwarranted stance in asking Adam not to approach or associate with the student athletes anymore. Clearly something unacceptable was done, or something was discovered.

Bingo

Ok, so maybe it's a he said/she said situation. That's fine and dandy, but I don't think it's asking too much for a sign of life. That there is still a plan in place for the Syracuse basketball team to remain competitive.

Maybe it wouldn't hurt the school to reach out to all it's boosters/season ticket holders and large donors to reiterate the importance of the 315 Collective and how to donate.

I lost a lot of respect for AW today, some things are better left unsaid. Perhaps he is using this to try and get back into the game? Maybe he is just whining like my 5 year old. In any event it comes off poorly. Some might not see it that way but I was always taught to take the high road. This isn’t even the middle road here, I am sure the university is partially to blame but man this stinks to high heaven

I lost a lot of respect for AW today, some things are better left unsaid. Perhaps he is using this to try and get back into the game? Maybe he is just whining like my 5 year old. In any event it comes off poorly. Some might not see it that way but I was always taught to take the high road. This isn’t even the middle road here, I am sure the university is partially to blame but man this stinks to high heaven
Or, and hear me out on this, he was asked a question that’s been asked here at least 87,922 times on this page alone.

Ok, so maybe it's a he said/she said situation. That's fine and dandy, but I don't think it's asking too much for a sign of life. That there is still a plan in place for the Syracuse basketball team to remain competitive.

Maybe it wouldn't hurt the school to reach out to all it's boosters/season ticket holders and large donors to reiterate the importance of the 315 Collective and how to donate.
Why give money to a university that slaps the hand of a donor. 1 million dollars wasn’t enough to bring top athletes here. Is our $100 donation going to somehow change things. Stick a fork in it. Conference realignment isn’t going to kill the program. Years of Nancy and Kent will. This university isn’t serious about winning all they want is your money to bloat the school and their pockets

Why give money to a university that slaps the hand of a donor. 1 million dollars wasn’t enough to bring top athletes here. Is our $100 donation going to somehow change things. Stick a fork in it. Conference realignment isn’t going to kill the program. Years of Nancy and Kent will. This university isn’t serious about winning all they want is your money to bloat the school and their pockets
Are we sure he ever donated to the university

That's a great point. Syracuse calls me and writes me a lot asking for money. All schools do this, of course, especially private schools. Safe to say SU loves money. And yet, THEY STILL ARE TAKING A PASS ON THIS. I'm going to trust that they have good reason to.

If (A) all they wanted was money to bloat the school and their pockets, and (B) AW was actually willing to pay it, I bet our jerseys wouldn't say CUSE on the front they'd say Weitsman Recycling instead. I don't think (A) or (B) are true.

You'd think folks in a city that gave a tax-free mall to Congel in exchange for visions of hotels, theme parks, etc.. would learn to be a little skeptical of rich guys promising the moon.
Remember when there was supposed to be like a theme park or water park inside? Lololololol

You'd think folks in a city that gave a tax-free mall to Congel in exchange for visions of hotels, theme parks, etc.. would learn to be a little skeptical of rich guys promising the moon.
Funny thing about Congel is he had a decades long reputation of stiffing contractors and other less than ethical doings, yet the city still decided to get in bed with him and basically bend over backwards.

That's a great point. Syracuse calls me and writes me a lot asking for money. All schools do this, of course, especially private schools. Safe to say SU loves money. And yet, THEY STILL ARE TAKING A PASS ON THIS. I'm going to trust that they have good reason to.

If (A) all they wanted was money to bloat the school and their pockets, and (B) AW was actually willing to pay it, I bet our jerseys wouldn't say CUSE on the front they'd say Weitsman Recycling instead. I don't think (A) or (B) are true.
The school gets zero from AW’s NIL funding. That may have been part of the issue.

Funny thing about Congel is he had a decades long reputation of stiffing contractors and other less than ethical doings, yet the city still decided to get in bed with him and basically bend over backwards.

On a flight out of Syracuse once I sat next to a guy who told me such a detailed story about getting screwed over as a contractor on a major upstate New York shopping center (I won't say which one) that I can't help but think it was true. It was pretty wild. Essentially, he was set up to fail on completing his work "on time" so he had to do it for basically free or get sued for breach of contract.

He did. He donated directly to the Cuse Athletics Fund. This makes zero sense at all. Someone must have their panties In a bunch that he didn’t donate to their department.
Genuinely curious, was the amount he donated more than the required donations for his seats, box, parking arrangements, and extra security required for his guests?

Status
Not open for further replies.