Adam Weitsman announces NIL plans | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

Adam Weitsman announces NIL plans

Status
Not open for further replies.
how much truth is there to what he is saying? I haven’t heard of that many NIL deals at Syracuse, especially outside of AW.

And I’m not asking a few donors who have car commercials, or whatever. For reference, I’ve heard a few schools already have collectives with $10M+ in funds. Per his comment above, in Syracuse even at $1M (outside of AW)?
what schools?

Tennessee has publicly said their goal is $25M. Auburn was believed to be at $15M in the fall. I think Ruiz seeded Miami $10M (edit)? There are a lot more
Sorry, misread your message, thought you said small schools

I thought Adam was excommunicated by Chancellor Syverud.

NOT by Wildhack.
Yeah IDK maybe going away from the big $ guys will work out.

I'm looking forward to JJ and the younger players shocking the world.

Jesse was horrible at rebounding too. World class defender but not a perfect player we will be OK.

Whats Adam going to do run his restaurants in the area with an I hate SU modo?

I feel bad that we probably were the ones in the wrong but he still has a box you can just send someone to apologize.

Whats Adam going to do run his restaurants in the area with an I hate SU modo?

I feel bad that we probably were the ones in the wrong but he still has a box you can just send someone to apologize.
He doesn't hate SU. He still has loyalty to SU and he has non-publicly proven it.

Yeah IDK maybe going away from the big $ guys will work out.

I'm looking forward to JJ and the younger players shocking the world.

Jesse was horrible at rebounding too. World class defender but not a perfect player we will be OK.
LOL horrible at rebounding, you must be kidding, at 10.3 rebounds a game? 11th in the nation and #2 in the ACC?

LOL horrible at rebounding, you must be kidding, at 10.3 rebounds a game? 11th in the nation and #2 in the ACC?
yeah, not a good take. And, presumably, working in a man-to-man defense with defined box out responsibilities, he could be even better. Jesse was great his year. He had some issues with some of the big bodied competition this year, but 15 good pounds would go a lone way in rectifying that issue. I think he is going to have a big year, for whomever is lucky enough to land him.

I don't think the University will ever address anything about this break up. There is nothing to be gained from their view point in doing so.
There may be nothing to gain but there is something to be lost. The overall feeling of the fan base that we just can’t compete for the best recruits and keep our top players doesn’t bode well for future support. The university has an appearance problem right now.

Last edited:
Or perhaps our administration objectively evaluated the situation, focused on deeds, not words, and rationally made a decision that was best for the school. I guess time will tell. Also, perhaps the university might have a different characterization of how some of this went down.
Time has told us again and again how incompetent these people are. Stop covering for them.

Last edited:
Time has told again and again how incompetent these people are. Stop covering for them.
Assuming what you say is true, even a broken clock is right twice a day.

This whole thing is like a real life version of Rodney Dangerfield’s “Back to School” with with AW playing the part of Thornton Mellon and Syverud playing the part of Philip, the elitist professor who desperately wants to expel Mellon.
This movie is now at the top of my list for rewatching so I can study in detail this info you have put forth.

how much truth is there to what he is saying? I haven’t heard of that many NIL deals at Syracuse, especially outside of AW.

And I’m not asking a few donors who throw su athletes $5k for a billboard, car commercials, or whatever. For reference, I’ve heard a few schools already have collectives with $10M+ in funds. Per his comment above, in Syracuse even at $1M (outside of AW)?
Just because one guy blabs about his, doesn’t mean other deals aren’t happening. This is the problem with the AW approach. Everyone viewed him as a savior. It’s not reality.

There may be nothing to gain but there is something to be lost. The overall feeling of the fan base that we just can’t compete for the best recruits and keep our top players doesn’t bode well for future support. The university has an appearance problem right now.

Top 25 Recruiting Class? (source 247sports.com)
2011 - 15
2012 - No
2013 - 8
2014 - No
2015 - 8
2016 - 18
2017 - No
2018 - No
2019 - No
2020 - No
2021 - No
2022 - 21

Has anyone really felt like we were competing for the best recruits lately? Why the urgency now?

Just because one guy blabs about his, doesn’t mean other deals aren’t happening. This is the problem with the AW approach. Everyone viewed him as a savior. It’s not reality.
Speaking of that, I spent some time looking for details about his NIL deals. About a half hour, so not the most exhaustive research but the one thing that I saw over and over, was language about how he "was looking into" deals, and the deals "would be X when finished" but I didn't see much of anything about deals that actually were finished. Maybe I'll be able to find more later but I've been looking into raking my backyard for a week now.

Top 25 Recruiting Class? (source 247sports.com)
2011 - 15
2012 - No
2013 - 8
2014 - No
2015 - 8
2016 - 18
2017 - No
2018 - No
2019 - No
2020 - No
2021 - No
2022 - 21

Has anyone really felt like we were competing for the best recruits lately? Why the urgency now?

There is no urgency now. It’s been a buildup for the reasons you just illustrated and a number of other indicators that the school isn’t willing or able to compete anymore.

This isn't true. You must be referring to his seats because there's a booster who's donated a significant amount to the new projects that I won't name of whom I have a personal relationship with.
I said to the CAF. Your friend probably donated to a different fund within the university.

Status
Not open for further replies.