Adam Weitsman announces NIL plans | Page 36 | Syracusefan.com

Adam Weitsman announces NIL plans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, then you know one side's version. Some people choose to believe everything he says 100%, and that's fine. Those people seem to be the most upset with how things shook out.
That was not very educational.

To keep it simple and also not share paid content that's out there- basically the AW impact overall has been overplayed and overstated and that our NIL being severely behind everyone else without him is also overplayed. Not to say he hasn't been a positive contributor but his treatment as some sort of NIL bell cow that we are leaning on is very inaccurate. Add in that there is misperception on his impact over Elijah Moore as well as other recruiting impacts.

His lore seems to have reached mythological proportions of sorts. I'll be honest in that the outward facing stuff certainly presented that way but more and more it sounds like that is a long stretch of the truth. I'm far less convinced of this break up as meaning quite so much anymore... that said still hold hope he may come around to being a silent player too over time.

If there are more twists and turns around AW to come that are still missing... then I give up...
Thank you.

Torico is making over $10 million annually but I get your point. Sorry about Muir….I messed that up….he went to OCS and IC.
Mike is a very loyal supporter of Syracuse - both athletics and Newhouse. He has a classroom named after him and his wife. And that’s probably one of the minor things he has done.

I’m told the exact opposite on your bad news. We were locked and loaded.
As I said to Dasher a day or so ago, we were all set with the logistics and simply were outbid. I don't claim to be an insider like he but this is from a great source.

What is Jesse going to say? I don't care about Cuse and just want every last penny?

One thing I was told yesterday is Jesse is bummed about leaving and if it were just up to him he would have stayed. His father wanted him to cash out. Not judging either for that.

As I said to Dasher a day or so ago, we were all set with the logistics and simply were outbid. I don't claim to be an insider like he but this is from a great source.

What is Jesse going to say? I don't care about Cuse and just want every last penny?

One thing I was told yesterday is Jesse is bummed about leaving and if it were just up to him he would have stayed. His father wanted him to cash out. Not judging either for that.
If Jesse wants to stay he can tell Pops to take a hike lol

I have a feeling Adam will be back eventually
crossdressing season 2 GIF by Blunt Talk

Live look at Adam and the Chancellor riding together to the first home game in the Fall after they make up.

It's a pet peeve. It had nothing to do with his point. Spell the city's name right, is all I said.

For the record, they do actually do quite well with attendance. Not 10K but that's not what the school is and what the league they're in is.

They also have a baseball complex that would make SEC schools blush.
Academically a better school than Syracuse too

I would guess we didn't even have to match an outside offer; just come reasonably close, no? Now, reasonably is open to interpretation. But, we couldn't even get close enough for a player and family that has loved their Syracuse experience for 4 years?

I would guess we didn't even have to match an outside offer; just come reasonably close, no? Now, reasonably is open to interpretation. But, we couldn't even get close enough for a player and family that has loved their Syracuse experience for 4 years?

That assumes the outside offer was reasonable. If a school was offering him SEC QB money, should we have made the effort to come reasonably close? I like Jesse a lot, but that would be a "no" from me.

That assumes the outside offer was reasonable. If a school was offering him SEC QB money, should we have made the effort to come reasonably close? I like Jesse a lot, but that would be a "no" from me.
Yes, good point. I was assuming market conditions. But, a program could just go rogue gangsta style at an auction.

Thomas Tull is claimed by many to be the anonymous donor for BU’s $60 million dollar baseball facility. Not sure what this guys net worth is but he is part owner of the Steelers. So it may be that BU athletics already has their sugar daddy.
He is NOT the donor. The donor is an alum. Tom has little to do with BU.

Scott, I only relay what I have been told. And this is from the Edwards side. So they have a agenda to protect. I think that all sides could be true. We made a great deal. We were ready to go. And yet the Edwards team( if you will) wasn't convinced. I also believe Jesse would like to stay. I also believe that a day will come that he will regret leaving. Money comes and goes. How he will be viewed by his Syracuse family will never be the same.

Villanova just hired Baker Dunleavy, a sitting head coach who resigned from his position after winning 20 games, as general manager for NIL/transfer portal assistance with both the men's and women's basketball programs.

It is widely speculated that Quinnipiac had made the choice to cut some funding to men's basketball -- they had been spending like drunken sailors to zero success for awhile, since the Tom Moore days. But that's a pretty drastic move.

Scott, I only relay what I have been told. And this is from the Edwards side. So they have a agenda to protect. I think that all sides could be true. We made a great deal. We were ready to go. And yet the Edwards team( if you will) wasn't convinced. I also believe Jesse would like to stay. I also believe that a day will come that he will regret leaving. Money comes and goes. How he will be viewed by his Syracuse family will never be the same.

I still can't get over his interview this morning. That was painful .. as in painful to see Jesse struggle through it.

I still can't get over his interview this morning. That was painful .. as in painful to see Jesse struggle through it.
Yup. He shouldn’t have done it. His dad did him dirty in all of this at stuff, starting with the first interview. They could have handled it way better.

And AW took advantage of the situation to make it about him, which in turn made it worse for Jesse. Not a great look for the adults.

I really don't know that we did. Only that they thought we did. And as others have said, it might just
be a way to not look like they were just looking take to take the top dollar.

Yeah this sounds much more the case. That top dollar also might not yet be in ink... which could be a harsh lesson to learn. Time will tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.