Adam Weitsman announces NIL plans | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

Adam Weitsman announces NIL plans

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is absolutely pathetic and shameful if true. The university certainly doesn’t make it easy to be a fan. I question why I bother more often than I don’t lately
Yep and this is why I think I’m simply done. Not cuz of Weitsman per se, but because of the stupidity of what the situation represents in the current climate and environment, exactly as Zaire Franklin tweeted.

If our administrators are more concerned with image and getting into a pissing contest with someone for the way in which they choose to make significant financial and social investments into the university they’re administrating - perhaps they’re not adequately fulfilling the responsibilities of their office.

Nancy Cantor destroying what could have very been a national title season for - *an ESL student getting too much academic help* - was pure negligence of her office
and she should have been fired that day. These people need to stop letting their egos get in the way of helping the university.

They’re upset about crowd control around the attention celebrities get when they come to the Dome? How is it Adam’s fault that they neglected to provide an adequate security solution when they were aware that this would be happening?

Rather than think harder to find a solution that meets the interests of all parties - they’re really going to think that banning people is the best option?

I have no personal issues with anyone, and wish noting but the best for everyone (except Doug Gottleib) but this is frustrating.
Or perhaps our administration objectively evaluated the situation, focused on deeds, not words, and rationally made a decision that was best for the school. I guess time will tell. Also, perhaps the university might have a different characterization of how some of this went down.

I'll take "C. None of the Above." My gut feeling is that the University made the right call on this one.
We’re hearing one side of everything here. Color me skeptical but Adam timed all his media for the day a high profile guy transfers. He’s trying to gain more clout on the way out. If he cared about the program, he could have compromised. This stinks of a ME ME ME situation. Plenty of other boosters at other schools don’t command this type of love in exchange for access and support.

He could have spent millions and I’d argue he got way more out of it in terms of free press than Syracuse got. Syracuse as it should won’t respond to this garbage. Adam is showing who he really is with this garbage.

if the chancellor won't take your calls, won't respond to email all asking for a face to face to address it all, what ya gonna do? And oh yeah won't allow a bid for the dome naming rights, all cuz the guy doesn't fit the institutional profile they want to put forth like the wanna be ivy league school that they want to be but aren't.

Unless there's something is in his backround that we're unaware of, this is simply Paathetic...and bad business.
Lots of allegation in there! Let’s see if any turn out to be true.

We’re hearing one side of everything here. Color me skeptical but Adam timed all his media for the day a high profile guy transfers. He’s trying to gain more clout on the way out. If he cared about the program, he could have compromised. This stinks of a ME ME ME situation. Plenty of other boosters at other schools don’t command this type of love in exchange for access and support.

He could have spent millions and I’d argue he got way more out of it in terms of free press than Syracuse got. Syracuse as it should won’t respond to this garbage. Adam is showing who he really is with this garbage.
OMG. He wanted to connect, try and compromise, have a meeting of the minds or however one wants to phrase it, all his attempts at connecting were rebuffed. Simple as that. The school has the right to follow whatever path it wants to re its reputation, etc., I as a fan have a right to put my fandom and huge $ elsewhere when the reputation they want does not include doing the practical thing to help ensure the greatest chance for success at the highest level of sport.

They've chose otherwise, we'll see how many of us choose otherwise now with our sporting dollars now that they have shown they won't do what it takes (again assuming there's nothing about weitsman that they know but that isn't public knowledge). No I think Zaire is right SMH that the school isn't serious about winning for perception reasons and will continue to be left behind (jesse, jahad, duece, garrett, etc.).

I agree

OMG. He wanted to connect, try and compromise, have a meeting of the minds or however one wants to phrase it, all his attempts at connecting were rebuffed. Simple as that. The school has the right to follow whatever path it wants to re its reputation, etc., I as a fan have a right to put my fandom and huge $ elsewhere when the reputation they want does not include doing the practical thing to help ensure the greatest chance for success at the highest level of sport.

They've chose otherwise, we'll see how many of us choose otherwise now with our sporting dollars now that they have shown they won't do what it takes (again assuming there's nothing about weitsman that they know but that isn't public knowledge). No I think Zaire is right SMH that the school isn't serious about winning for perception reasons and will continue to be left behind (jesse, jahad, duece, garrett, etc.).
You are getting one side of the story.

Someone shared this on the bird app

Oh boy. This may go much deeper than we think.

Perhaps in time Adam will wish he didnt blow this up as he did today. Spotlights on him and his doings now, and it wont just be on how he portrays it via his social media.

if the chancellor won't take your calls, won't respond to email all asking for a face to face to address it all, what ya gonna do? And oh yeah won't allow a bid for the dome naming rights, all cuz the guy doesn't fit the institutional profile they want to put forth like the wanna be ivy league school that they want to be but aren't.

Unless there's something is in his backround that we're unaware of, this is simply Paathetic...and bad business.
The guy did fed time and it's something that many have pointed out over the years here. The university is going to be hesitant on letting someone like that make themselves a face of SUA regardless of how much money he has.

You are getting one side of the story.
I would love to hear Syracuse's side of it. Especially since I just reupped my season tickets. It's no fun to drive 2.25 hours if we are not going to be competitive or exciting. At least AW brought a little excitement. Is the school going to allow Red to play with an even playing field as it's competitors.

Status
Not open for further replies.