Adam Weitsman has been cautious about NIL | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Adam Weitsman has been cautious about NIL

I can’t sleep after seeing that orange car. If you connect the dots it all points towards an orange future..

He is. I dont know him well but ive spent time with him and his wife when im back at my camp. Hes a good egg as far as im concerned. Im sure ill run into him over the summer.
Careful that you don't run into him when he is in that car!

Too lazy to read the 12 pages, but why is it AW isn’t throwing a big bag at our recruits? If EMU did it to bates, why can’t we at least get a few Burger Boys?

He actually could. If suddenly we were recruiting 10 5 star players a year, the SEC and the Big Ten would take notice. Might take a couple more Weitsman's but as long as it's not my money, I'm all in favor of it.
Judah

Quick question do the higher ups at Syracuse discuss the scenarios with those big donors behind the scenes? Do they talk to them about what may happen and what they need help on?

Quick question do the higher ups at Syracuse discuss the scenarios with those big donors behind the scenes? Do they talk to them about what may happen and what they need help on?

John has met with numerous people including a meeting he had with many local businesses and individuals.

I know the main reason he is a big SU fan is because he’s friends with JB, does his connection the the university and money go away when JB leaves?

I know the main reason he is a big SU fan is because he’s friends with JB, does his connection the the university and money go away when JB leaves?
Depends on the next coach

I made this comment last year and will still believe it until proven otherwise. A school like Syracuse has fewer "big donors" than say a large land grant university and especially donations into the athletic programs. Syracuse should be very happy with where they stand as far as it's enodwments at 1.8 billion, which ranks them as 48th, but according to this list, it is shadowed by smaller schools, such as Williams College, Wellesley College and Swarthmore College.

The school needs to find a way to get people or businesses to spend "extra" to the NIL on top of what they are already donating to the school or funding as business expenses. Some may say that this isn't the school's responsibility, but it definitely is if they want to keep up with the Joneses. This is where it is a huge challenge. Does the school risk having their donations drop because people are spending some of their money on NIL, or can they find a way to have both pots increase? Until we see "real" results, I think this is very problematic.

I made this comment last year and will still believe it until proven otherwise. A school like Syracuse has fewer "big donors" than say a large land grant university and especially donations into the athletic programs. Syracuse should be very happy with where they stand as far as it's enodwments at 1.8 billion, which ranks them as 48th, but according to this list, it is shadowed by smaller schools, such as Williams College, Wellesley College and Swarthmore College.

The school needs to find a way to get people or businesses to spend "extra" to the NIL on top of what they are already donating to the school or funding as business expenses. Some may say that this isn't the school's responsibility, but it definitely is if they want to keep up with the Joneses. This is where it is a huge challenge. Does the school risk having their donations drop because people are spending some of their money on NIL, or can they find a way to have both pots increase? Until we see "real" results, I think this is very problematic.

Williams, Wellesley and Swarthmore are all incredibly prestigious institutions, so it's no surprise that they have endowments of that size given the type of alumni they produce. That being said, it's interesting (to me, at least) that Syracuse's largest one-time donation is bigger than those three schools ($75M from the Newhouse Foundation - the family/foundation has given over $100M in total). Williams' largest is $20M and Wellesley's and Swarthmore's are both $50M.

Williams, Wellesley and Swarthmore are all incredibly prestigious institutions, so it's no surprise that they have endowments of that size given the type of alumni they produce. That being said, it's interesting (to me, at least) that Syracuse's largest one-time donation is bigger than those three schools ($75M from the Newhouse Foundation - the family/foundation has given over $100M in total). Williams' largest is $20M and Wellesley's and Swarthmore's are both $50M.

So - you're saying Newhouse was exceptionally well-endowed? ;)

On the surface you’re right, but NIL is going to be uber to us (and all programs) especially if we’re on the outside looking in.

Oh yea 100%. I don’t think NIL money will help too much if were tier 1B.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom