Adam Weitsman has been cautious about NIL | Syracusefan.com

Adam Weitsman has been cautious about NIL

He's thrown a ton of money into his cryptoworld so what's a few more million. C'mon Adam. Help your brother out.

I wonder if we keep Dior and/or Kamari Lands if Weitsman gives these kids $1M each in NIL money. I’m assuming JB doesn’t want to play NIL recruiting game due to past sanctions.

Wished we could do something about recruiting.
I was just looking back at past rosters. We used to be so stacked.
Just 10yrs ago we had Dion Waiters, CJ Fair, James Southerland, Michael
Carter-Williams, and Baye Moussa Kieta….COMING OFF THE BENCH!! That’s a legit team right there that would destroy our current team.

We have fallen so much. Whatever Adam Weitsman can do to help I wished he would. We need it badly.

Any “monster names” we are recruiting for 2023 and 2024 that Adam can help with?

Honest question, because I haven't really followed him all that much, but what has he done for Syracuse Basketball to date?

Honest question, because I haven't really followed him all that much, but what has he done for Syracuse Basketball to date?
He purchased courtside seats that are expensive, he has donated to JB’s charity. He brings high profile guests to games.

He owes Syracuse basketball nothing. He is a fan.

He purchased courtside seats that are expensive, he has donated to JB’s charity. He brings high profile guests to games.

He owes Syracuse basketball nothing. He is a fan.
Gotcha, thank you. I didn't know if he had chipped in to any of the new projects going on or anything like that. But he sounds like a good fan, which is great and always good for a program. But nothing that is irreplaceable (ie. pulling sizable funding) if he happend to go when JB leaves

Edit - just saw CLs post on utilizing his private plane which is definitely notable

Weitsman has been close with Isaiah Stewart for a while now (I remember the story of him driving in a blizzard to watch Stewart’s announcement even though he picked Hop and UW), so I wonder if NIL had been around and legal then would Stewart have ended up here?

Last edited:
It ended up in the Duke secondary ticket market thread

He lets the staff use his private plane for recruiting trips.
He also converted had some seats in a corner of the 200 level into a deluxe private suite, which must have cost a small fortune (and surely brings in some major revenue that SU would not otherwise have realized).

my personal opinion aside on AW... you don't want to lose him and his wallet if you're SUAD. Not that I have indication he would disappear when JB retires, but you do everything within reason and legality to keep a donor like him happy.

He's thrown a ton of money into his cryptoworld so what's a few more million. C'mon Adam. Help your brother out.
Does anyone on this board have any idea where his money really comes from? Is it from crypto? I just have a hard time believing he's gotten super wealthy from scrap metal. If this isn't an appropriate question to ask please feel free to delete. Just curious. (I think it's a relevant question for a fan / fan base to wonder about...)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom