Add another to the Ahole list | Syracusefan.com

Add another to the Ahole list

rrlbees

Have you donated to an SU NIL collective?
Staff member
Al Golden commenting on Paterno; "It would be heartbreaking if it ended like this"

Al, I think some kids and their parents are a bit heart broken too.

Advice to anyone associated with PSU at all. Shut your pie holes about Paterno and his imminent firing. Nothing is going to sound right. If you have anything to say, say that you are glad he got what he deserved.

Heads need to roll at Penn State, no question.

Paterno is gone.

But imagine if, say, Boeheim was found doing the same thing as Sandusky.

How would we feel?

Paterno is gone.

How would we feel?

Jesus, can't hypothesize a made up basketball assistant?

If Boeheim did what Paterno did I would want him fired immediately and sever all ties with SU. Blow up the basketball program and clean house from top to bottom. Hire guys with no Syracuse connections who could sell the ACC and playing in front of huge crowds.

I would have wanted that done yesterday.

Paterno is gone.

How would we feel?
I would hope I would feel the same way I feel about the leadership currently at PSU - they should be subjected to any and all public derision sent their way and prosecuted (if appropriate) to the full extent of the law.

Al Golden commenting on Paterno; "It would be heartbreaking if it ended like this"

Advice to anyone associated with PSU at all. Shut your pie holes about Paterno and his imminent firing. Nothing is going to sound right. If you have anything to say, say that you are glad he got what he deserved.

Ya know whats heartbreaking Al? Getting raped in a shower at 10 years old

It is sad that because some old twisted perv allegedly raped kids it has led to the end of JoPa. He should have spoken up and it would have ended. No sympathy to quasi sweep it under the rug like they did.

Listen, I don't have any sympathy for the people involved in this, including Paterno.

But it doesn't mean I'm not a little sad to see it happen this way. Sports are supposed to bring joy to our lives, not misery. The Paterno legacy was something to behold, particulary if you're a Penn State fan.

The whole thing is just sad.

I saw an email yesterday comparing a school report another school for an inelible player for a high school football playoff game that it "isn't as bad as Penn State, but close".

Some people really need to take some perspective.

This was someone who sexually abused numerous children over the course of 20 years, and was protected by the coach, Athletic Director, on up the the university president.

Paterno is gone.

How would we feel?
I would want him thrown in jail to rot forever. That is after he's made someone's prison bitch.

It is sad that because some old twisted perv allegedly raped kids it has led to the end of JoPa.
JoPa sitting in this sick has led to the end of JoPa.I'll save my sympathy for the real victims.

How would we feel?

Is that even a question for anyone? It doesn't matter who or where, they'd need to be gone and punished.

Hell, I still think Brian Kelly should be gone. This is a whole new level of disgusting though.

I really do think it's sad that Paterno's career will end this way. Not because he doesn't deserve it, and not because he did nothing wrong (He not only deserves to be forced out, but he HAS to be forced out. He DID act in a morally bankrupt manner based on the info we currently have.)

I think it's sad because he and the program were one of few who represented the right way to do things. PSU represented (whether that's because of what was hidden from the world or not) academics and honor in a sport that often has not. Now, we're finding out that a program and potentially a man that appeared so respectable are anything but. THAT is sad.

If this happened at Syracuse I'd probably be among the hordes who had travelled to campus to demand everyone from the Chancellor to the coach be fired immediately and stripped of all retirement benefits.

What a silly question.

first what would tristy do after the first 30 seconds. Second, I would want the entire basketball program cleaned out. No question.

I would want all of the above. Everyone involved would need to go.

But it would still be sad. Sorry.

When you've been coaching somewhere for 46 years and have meant so much to your program, fans, community and state, it's sad to see it end this way.

I just can't agree.

It'd be sad if it were ANYTHING else. Recruiting violations, money laundering, bribery, drug sales... anything but child rape.

There's nothing sad about someone's career ending because they covered up child rape.

I just can't agree.

It'd be sad if it were ANYTHING else. Recruiting violations, money laundering, bribery, drug sales... anything but child rape.

There's nothing sad about someone's career ending because they covered up child rape.

It's not so much that we're sad for PATERNO, as much as it's sad what it means for the University, and what it means for college football.

It's not so much that we're sad for PATERNO, as much as it's sad what it means for the University, and what it means for college football.

Exactly.

This reveals the rotten core of PSU's values because it went on for so long and involved virtually the entire leadership at the University: the President, the AD, chief counsel, the football coach...

It's truly disturbing that all these well-educated administrators could let a child predator continue to operate -- with their knowledge and (often) using university facilities -- for more than a decade. Imagine all those victims and their families out there wondering how this could have been allowed to happen.

And for that matter, how can JoPa look his players in the face and talk about character from this point on?

The "university" was complicit in covering for a child rapist. So them too.

Here's what I'll give you... I feel bad for all the students, alumni, faculty and fans who have nothing to do with this, but now have their institution's name turned toxic because of the unconscionable actions of a few.

This is bigger than Paterno...although he and his family are clearly trying to save his name.

The "university" was complicit in covering for a child rapist. So **** them too.

Here's what I'll give you... I feel bad for all the students, alumni, faculty and fans who have nothing to do with this, but now have their institution's name turned toxic because of the unconscionable actions of a few.

So we do agree. I guess that's what I was trying to get at.

The "university" was complicit in covering for a child rapist. So **** them too.

That's exactly the point. You say "The University" was complicit, which isn't entirely true. The Athletics Department, the President, JoePa, and some number of administrators (and janitors, etc) were complicit. That's a tiny tiny fraction of the amount of people who truly make up "The University."