Additional Wins | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Additional Wins

Schpitt is going to be a rock fight. Huge win for them yesterday. That is always a weird game.

The Wake game’s huge.

I don’t expect a W unless we have 45+ in the dome and the crowd takes Wake out early. Very possible. Hard vs a veteran QB though.

Looking ahead, if things shake out right, Wake will be one of the biggest crowds in the last 10 years. Senior night, with 2 teams playing for an Orange bowl spot. Could be a huuuuuge game.

I think too many sleep on BC and other teams by never watching other games.. BC wants to run, but they want to go up tempo now and throw too. several really big play dudes on the outside..

We are one win off where everyone thought we would be.
This team can still get to a nice 8-9 win seasons.
As of right now most if not all the ACC games could be toss ups.

This past weekend clearly showed improvement. But, we need to get better on both sides of the ball to have a realistic shot at 8 to 9 wins.

Way too simplistic view of things. It matters how you get to a record that is 1 win off from where you wanted to be. How you played to get to your record matters. Not all 2-2 records are the same. Every ACC game is going to potentially be tough. I’ve been saying that for awhile now.

Holy Cross
Take the bye week
Then it's open season. Handle business and we can win all the games. Don't, and we can lose them all.

Will team leaders step up and will this team to it's potential?

I said that we need some guys to emerge as ballers, and I think Moe Neal is working hard to be one of those guys. He had some very big, timely plays yesterday.

I thought that Alton Robinson asserted himself against a pretty good opponent after a couple sub-par outings when he allowed himself to be game-planned out of the game. Lakeim Williams made a lot of plays at LB.

Tommy had his best game, by far, and didn't wilt when Western Michigan came back to make it close in the third quarter. That was big. He made plays when it mattered.

Young Mr. Hackett brought a new dimension to tight end. The O line still needs to be a lot better.

Overall, that was a promising effort. Things are getting better. I'd like to see us crush Holy Cross so that lots of young guys get at least a quarter of game time, to help build some depth.

NC State is the key game of the season. It's a must-win, following that loss to Maryland, if we want to have a "good" year - meaning around 8 wins and a quality bowl game. Lose to NC State, and suddenly we are counting games to be bowl eligible. The bye week sets up to give us a good chance to game plan and get healthy. Let's see what the coaches come up with.

This team will go bowling. Running the table is possible as is losing a few.. We have a jumbled O-Line but they are learning to play well together. TD is gaining confidence. The running game is coming alive. No one on the remainder of the schedule compares with Clemson and our D generally played well against Clemson until they were gassed. 8 wins is still the floor.

Only FSU has the athletes on a similar level as Clemson. While I respect our opponents, I also respect what HCDB has been installing and know that the ids will improve week over week, now that we have depth. All remaining teams can be beat.

I think too many sleep on BC and other teams by never watching other games.. BC wants to run, but they want to go up tempo now and throw too. several really big play dudes on the outside..

I’ve watched the VaTech v BC game and the Kansas debacle.

They are dangerous on offense (a tad predictable) and rough on D.

Ranking of chances for wins (best chances on top):

Holy Cross

Pitt and BC (one dimensional offenses at home)

Duke and NC State (not very good teams on the road)

Louisville and FSU (more talented teams with multi-dimensional offenses on road)

Wake (probably about the same talent level, but are clearly playing much better at the moment)
i Know Wake hasn't really played anyone yet but Jaime Newman is looking like the 2nd best qb in the ACC. If we don't have serious improvement, then Wake is a loss, BC is likely a loss because they will play action to the TE us to death, FSU and Pitt are toss ups, and admittedly I have no idea if NCST is dangerous.

Looking ahead, if things shake out right, Wake will be one of the biggest crowds in the last 10 years. Senior night, with 2 teams playing for an Orange bowl spot. Could be a huuuuuge game.
I hope that's the case but Virginia may be in the driver's seat for the Orange Bowl.

Virg would need 2 losses. ND should beat them if they dont come off the GA game poorly

really though they have a win at Pitt and a struggling FSU. should have lost to ODU they way they played.

they wont run the table either. but i dont think us going 9-3 is good enough

Virg would need 2 losses. ND should beat them if they dont come off the GA game poorly

really though they have a win at Pitt and a struggling FSU. should have lost to ODU they way they played.

they wont run the table either. but i dont think us going 9-3 is good enough
especially if one of their losses is to Clemson in the ACC Chip

If we run the table all options are there.. but I dont think thats really feasible with this team to play a flawless 8 game backend.

Schpitt is going to be a rock fight. Huge win for them yesterday. That is always a weird game.

Pitts a potential bad matchup here assuming there relatively healthy going into the game. There going to try and run it down our throats like they have most years the last decade +. Run D has to be light years better then it has been so far this year.

This is OT, but I didn't even notice who won that game. Now we don't have to listen to UCF complain about not going to the playoff.

Hey, we are going to just blast through Maryland and be ready for Gameday against Clemson! Oh wait, its a different team than last year?

While getting to 7-9 wins this season is still a reality, the immediate goal should be getting to the 6th win first. Where do you see the additional wins coming in the schedule? (hard to forecast in the ACC) My list from most likely to least. Starting with assumption we are already 3-2 and need 3 more wins.

1) BC...we should be a touchdown favorite and this is the only game left that I feel comfortable about our chances

2) Pitt...its at home and we need this win. Going along with road games at NCST and FSU where we will be underdogs a 3 game skid with a loss here could derail the season. This is a season defining game.

3) Wake...very good team but its at home to end the season so it should be a 50/50 game

4) Duke...for some reason I see this as our best chance to poach an ACC road win

5) Louisville...they are no pushover but we should have a good chance, it would help it they are at the bottom of the standings by that point and not fighting for a bowl

6) NCST... never felt good about this being a road game on Thursday night. They have looked bad the last two weeks so an upset it possible.

7) FSU...most challenging game left on the schedule but still doable.

disagree about being most challenging game. They will be in full quit mode by the time SU plays them.

Pitts a potential bad matchup here assuming there relatively healthy going into the game. There going to try and run it down our throats like they have most years the last decade +. Run D has to be light years better then it has been so far this year.

They got a new OC and a suspect OL - they’ve been throwing more and getting better at it. Their D is decent, though. And Narduzzi knows what we like to do.

I hope that's the case but Virginia may be in the driver's seat for the Orange Bowl.
yeah, as of now I'd say they're the favorites, but I'm not that impressed. Didn't look all that impressive beating a crap Florida State team by 1 TD, and Old Dominion by 11.

Pitt at home on a Friday night gives the CUSE a big advantage and I see a W here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom