ADJW on Dino: "He's going to be our coach in 2021" | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

ADJW on Dino: "He's going to be our coach in 2021"

There was no chance he got fired this year. I am fine with giving him another year or 2, but I really want to see something next year. No way we should be this talent deficient on the offensive side of the ball in year 5

Better for Dino or us?I think the statement shows a coaching change is on his mind.

It's good for both. Lets current commits and prospective recruits know that Dino is sticking around in the future. Also shows some concerns that Dino needs to step it up.

It's good for both. Lets current commits and prospective recruits know that Dino is sticking around in the future. Also shows some concerns that Dino needs to step it up.
I think it helps keep the recruiting class but there is no doubt John is thinking of making a change.

Statements can be made, only can help so much. Record at the end of the year, performance on the field, and play calling will hurt recruiting moving forward as much or more than a statement from SU.

It’s not like we’ve been killing it in recruiting since Babers got here, not sure how it will drastically improve after a season like this. We already ranked bottom of the barrel in the ACC since this staff has been here. Even a 10 win season didn’t have a major impact.

I think it helps keep the recruiting class but there is no doubt John is thinking of making a change.

Not for nothing, but worrying about keeping a recruiting class together should be the very last thing they should worry about. This class is ok, but it's not that much different than all his other classes. Granted i don't think a change will be made, but when/if the time comes, keeping a bottom of the acc class together wouldn't rank that high on the priority list.

I think Dino saying publicly "Hopefully, I'll be here" kind of forced this if they want to show recruits the staff will be stable.

Not for nothing, but worrying about keeping a recruiting class together should be the very last thing they should worry about. This class is ok, but it's not that much different than all his other classes. Granted i don't think a change will be made, but when/if the time comes, keeping a bottom of the acc class together wouldn't rank that high on the priority list.
Then why come out and say anything? He's under contract next year. You only make a statement if the coach isnt doing well and is in danger.

Then why come out and say anything? He's under contract next year. You only make a statement if the coach isnt doing well and is in danger.

You make the statement when the fan base is calling for Dino to be fired "yesterday".

But what's the benefit? If he's your guy and your keeping him long term.
He doesn’t want to allow Schiano to negative recruit against us.

Wildhack was smart. While Dino has sucked this year he wasn’t getting fired this year unless the team completely demanded it and that isn’t the case.

So Wildhack isn’t letting Dino get negative recruited against.

I'd assume because he is not going to get fired and we don't want to let other programs negative recruit against us. All i'm saying is when the decision IS going to be made, you do it, and not worry about the recruiting class.

Do you know anything about recruiting?
Of course and i didn't say it was a bad idea my point is the fact that Wildhack came out with this statement is proof that Dino is on the hot seat and a change is possible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom